Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

Anton Yelchin could play A Green Lantern, but not Hal Jordan or THE Green Lantern. He does look somewhat inhuman though and he was half alien in that Taken mini series.

Jon Hamm. He would be good as Hal Jordan, not this teenager. I seriously hope that the WB doesn't screw this up.

Jon Hamm. He would be good as Hal Jordan, not this teenager. I seriously hope that the WB doesn't screw this up.

After The Dark Knight, I would be shocked if they screwed this movie up.

Last edited:

After The Dark Knight, I would be shocked if they screwed this movie up.

I don't know...I mean they did a good job with that but I don't know how much of that was Nolan. The casting for Jonah Hex looks pretty solid, but you can tell from the names floating around this that they are looking for someone young to play Hal. Maybe these aren't true, which I hope, but I'm having flashbacks to the crap-tastic casting for the Justice League movie they were going to make.

Anton Yelchin could play A Green Lantern, but not Hal Jordan or THE Green Lantern. He does look somewhat inhuman though and he was half alien in that Taken mini series.

Anton Yelchin as Sodom Yat.

Jon Hamm would be perfect.

I am on the Jon Hamm boat. I want no one else to play Hal Jordan, ever...

Huh.

Yeah, I guess he'd be fine from what we've seen of Star Trek so far. I'd prefer a more experienced actor, though.

Plus I was actually hoping that someone a little bit less than conventional would be chosen. It seems that these surprising, fanboy-agitating pieces of casting (Michael Keaton as Batman, Daniel Craig as James Bond, Heath Ledger as the Joker) are often the most successful. So I was all about Gosling in this respect.

Last edited:

Huh.

Yeah, I guess he'd be fine from what we've seen of Star Trek so far. I'd prefer a more experienced actor, though.

Plus I was actually hoping that someone a little bit less than conventional would be chosen. It seems that these surprising, fanboy-agitating pieces of casting (Michael Keaton as Batman, Daniel Craig as James Bond, Heath Ledger as the Joker) are often the most successful. So I was all about Gosling in this respect.

I think based upon what it looks like WB wants for their Hal Jordan, he's probably one of the best options out there. He's really not that young (almost 30) and his looks are about right. Sure sometimes surprising casting works out (the points you made), but sometimes casting that pisses fans off does so for a very good reason (Halle Berry as Cat-woman, Topher Grace as Venom, etc).

I think based upon what it looks like WB wants for their Hal Jordan, he's probably one of the best options out there. He's really not that young (almost 30) and his looks are about right. Sure sometimes surprising casting works out (the points you made), but sometimes casting that pisses fans off does so for a very good reason (Halle Berry as Cat-woman, Topher Grace as Venom, etc).

Agreed.

I still think Gosling would be a much better Flash so I'd rather they'd use him in that capacity. Of course at the rate these movies are churning out I'd take whoever does the best job. Gah I wish everyone was just as perfect as Ledger or Downy Jr. in these sorts of things.

If they start shooting in September '09, I don't see how they wouldn't be able to have the movie come out in December '10.

Yeah, a few months of principal shooting, several more for visual effects, etc, maybe another few weeks for pick-up shots...I don't see a December 2010 date as unreasonable or unrealistic.

Even with a large number of visual effects like this movie will require, adequate pre-production (which seems to be the case from all reports) will make the 2010 date possible.

Yeah, a few months of principal shooting, several more for visual effects, etc, maybe another few weeks for pick-up shots...I don't see a December 2010 date as unreasonable or unrealistic.

Even with a large number of visual effects like this movie will require, adequate pre-production (which seems to be the case from all reports) will make the 2010 date possible.

Exactly. Iron Man 2 is just now getting ready to start filming for a release that is in a year.

Latest posts

Back