Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

That's a good point, I thought the off world aspect may feel odd, I kinda want more of a whole secret identity crime fighting deal. But it is a much better choice for a wider audience

That's actually another point. I'd say most audiences are probably getting sick of the standard secret-identity crimefighting business that has been the primary point of every single Marvel movie. The concept of Green Lantern focuses less on the whole double-life idea (although obviously it doesn't completely abandon it) and more on the superheroic adventure.

I'd prefer him as the Flash but what are you going to do?

Yeah, Gosling would be terrible as Lantern but fits the Flash perfectly.

This may sound weird, but I'm really wondering about what kind of fabric they're going to use for the Green Lantern's costume.

I think it would be cool if they had Warren Ellis do a draft of the script.

If they're going to use Hal Jordan in this, and if they're still going through with the bound-to-suck-*** Justice League: Mortal movie, then it would be nice to see John Stewart in this movie if it's going to have any continuity with the JLA one. Even though Nolan's Batman films are probably outside of the JLA movie, and all of the actors who will play the characters in JLA will be different than the ones who play them in their own movies. I'm just saying, if DC wants to have any chance at beating Marvel's team-up movie, they should at least have continuity between films, but at this point it seems unlikely.

I 100% support Gosling as GL.

I agree. He looks a lot like what I envision Hal to look like. I think he'd do surprisingly well in the role.

And for all the naysayers, remember most of you probably thought Ledger as Joker was a bad idea before seeing his performance.

Last edited:

I think it would be cool if they had Warren Ellis do a draft of the script.

I think it would be even cooler if they had Geoff Johns do a draft of the script.

In fact I hope this movie ends up a combination of Emerald Dawn and the latest Secret Origin arc in GL. (more the latter)

Everyone's probably seen this already, but what the hey:

[youtube]wIyx09htG8U[/youtube]

It's clever, well-edited and the special effects rule, but I just wish it hadn't used 'Requiem for a Tower' like billions of other clichéd fan-trailers have done. My favourite part is the brief shot of John.

It's clever, well-edited and the special effects rule, but I just wish it hadn't used 'Requiem for a Tower' like billions of other clichéd fan-trailers have done. My favourite part is the brief shot of John.

I haven't seen this, and I completely agree

Latest posts

Back