Guitar Hero 3

I think I'm good at the older songs cus I'm good at fingering *cough* (and yes, that's a real guitar term)

Last edited:
So for some reason my family is already discussing Christman gifts and my sister is saying that she wants to get me the Wii version of this.

I'm going to assume from the positive responses that it ****ing rocks?

So for some reason my family is already discussing Christman gifts and my sister is saying that she wants to get me the Wii version of this.

It's sooo painfully awesome.

Beat it on hard yesterday. Its going to take forever to do the same on expert.

Christman

AKA: Christian Christensen

Origin: after being bitten by a radioactive Jesus he gained the proportional strength and dexterity of jesus

Powers: Jesus Strength and Speed, a "Jesus-sense" that tells him he needs to turn the other cheek, able to transform food and beverages into other food and beverage's, able to hover slightly above water, and able to command the "Christian Hordes" followers of Jesus that will follow his exact words to the most literal possible interpretation imaginable

Christman

Origin: after being bitten by a radioactive Jesus he gained the proportional strength and dexterity of jesus

Powers: Jesus Strength and Speed, a "Jesus-sense" that tells him he needs to turn the other cheek, able to transform food and beverages into other food and beverage's, able to hover slightly above water, and able to command the "Christian Hordes" followers of Jesus that will follow his exact words to the most literal possible interpretation imaginable

Don't forget his Crucifix Hammer. That thing is godly.

well i finally got tired of waiting for the Wii/PS3 re-shipment and picked this up for PS2, it's alot of fun, this is the first time i've ever played a GH game with the actual guitar so i had to start on easy and right away i was geting 90+% on Slow Ride so i guess i should bump up the difficulty level.

oh yeah and the initially selectable characters are crap, Xavier Stone is the only one that's passable, and Lars Umulat (sp?) should be down right offensive to Gene Simmons

well i finally got tired of waiting for the Wii/PS3 re-shipment and picked this up for PS2, it's alot of fun, this is the first time i've ever played a GH game with the actual guitar so i had to start on easy and right away i was geting 90+% on Slow Ride so i guess i should bump up the difficulty level.

oh yeah and the initially selectable characters are crap, Xavier Stone is the only one that's passable, and Lars Umulat (sp?) should be down right offensive to Gene Simmons

I like Axel Steel, but Grim Ripper rules all.

Last edited:

I like Johnny Napalm just for his name.

Christman

I love Christman...

Quick question for those who have this:

How steep is the learning curve for beginners? I played this for about two minutes at the store the other day on "EASY" and to my surprise, I sucked balls at it. I still want to get it, but is it just not something that you have to get the hang of? Or do I just suck?

I need some tips, i can now master nearly every song on easy (averaging aroun 95%), but as soon as i turn it up to medium i can't pass mustard

it's that damn blue button, my pinky is practically useless and when i actually manage to hit the damn thing it throws off my frame of reference for the Green Red and Yellow buttons, and i can't pull myself out of a downhill slide, that usually ends with me being booed of the stage

any tips?

I need some tips, i can now master nearly every song on easy (averaging aroun 95%), but as soon as i turn it up to medium i can't pass mustard

it's that damn blue button, my pinky is practically useless and when i actually manage to hit the damn thing it throws off my frame of reference for the Green Red and Yellow buttons, and i can't pull myself out of a downhill slide, that usually ends with me being booed of the stage

any tips?
Keep practicing, I used to be the same way. Use practice mode if you need to.

Quick question for those who have this:

How steep is the learning curve for beginners? I played this for about two minutes at the store the other day on "EASY" and to my surprise, I sucked balls at it. I still want to get it, but is it just not something that you have to get the hang of? Or do I just suck?

The first time I picked it up I had it on easy and got booed off stage.

The second time I did a little better and didn't.

Yesterday I almost had a perfect song on Medium. One note off.

In other words, it is incredibly easy to get used to and learn.

any tips?

Like Iceshadow said, practice practice practice. Do use practice mode - it lets you slow down the song if you want.

I have kind of the same problem. I'm trying to figure out how to hold it with my left hand so that my hand isn't hanging onto it so much by my thumb because it makes it harder to move my pinky.

I can help!

ispeaknoobax8vn2.jpg

Basically, what I did was I played on easy on GHI until I hit four or five stars on everything.

Then I went to medium, and did the same.

The game is really well designed in terms of a learning curve - you'll notice that on easy, towards the end, there will be songs that actually use the blue fret, so when you upgrade to medium, you're more adept at it. The same is true for medium and the fifth fret.

I played pretty much every day, because I loved it. It doesn't matter how good you are - just play for the fun. But if you really want to get better, you don't move past a song until you get 5 stars, or until you think that 5 star is just too damned elusive (as I've felt on some medium and hard songs), or because the song sucks (play for fun!)

But yes, it was that attitude that got me to my expert-playing ways.

Also - I didn't have a "practice" option. I had to nail Bark at the Moon without being able to slow it down, ever. With a worse hammer-on interface. And had to play it in the snow. Uphill. Both ways. Plus, I have no musical talent.

If I can play the game on expert, so can you!

But you will atrophy! Not playing it for 5 months has resulted in me playing GHIII on medium, but getting 5 stars on every song (and I've never heard these songs before).

Also, not only did I get GHIII today, but I got a BROKEN one! Yay me! The whammy bar dinnae work, cap'n. I thought, "Well, I'll return it tomorrow, but at least I get to play tonight!" Then some bastard challenges me to a duel, and I get hit by the "use the whammy to recover" attack, and couldn't win. Balls.

So I go to get a new unbroken one tomorrow!

Not that it matters, because my band is uber-cool. I called it Hammerzeit in honour of this pic:

hammerzeitgp3.jpg

Last edited:
I can help!

ispeaknoobax8vn2.jpg

Basically, what I did was I played on easy on GHI until I hit four or five stars on everything.

The game is really well designed in terms of a learning curve - you'll notice that on easy, towards the end, there will be songs that actually use the blue fret, so when you upgrade to medium, you're more adept at it. The same is true for medium and the fifth fret.

I played pretty much every day, because I loved it. It doesn't matter how good you are - just play for the fun. But if you really want to get better, you don't move past a song until you get 5 stars, or until you think that 5 star is just too damned elusive (as I've felt on some medium and hard songs), or because the song sucks (play for fun!)

Also - I didn't have a "practice" option. I had to nail Bark at the Moon without being able to slow it down, ever. With a worse hammer-on interface. And had to play it in the snow. Uphill. Both ways. Plus, I have no musical talent.

But you will atrophy! Not playing it for 5 months has resulted in me playing GHIII on medium, but getting 5 stars on every song (and I've never heard these songs before).

Also, not only did I get GHIII today, but I got a BROKEN one! Yay me! The whammy bar dinnae work, cap'n. I thought, "Well, I'll return it tomorrow, but at least I get to play tonight!" Then some bastard challenges me to a duel, and I get hit by the "use the whammy to recover" attack, and couldn't win. Balls.

Not that it matters, because my band is uber-cool. I called it Hammerzeit in honour of this pic:

hammerzeitgp3.jpg

you can't help me my momma diin't raise no dummy
cut me some slack jack

I can help!

ispeaknoobax8vn2.jpg

hammerzeitgp3.jpg
Thank you for the advice and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: to the accompanying graphics.

I do in fact speak Jive.

Latest posts

Back