Harry/Hobgoblin speculation

Shihad

Well i am pretty excited about the upcoming HobGoblin arc, i was wondering if any one had any ideas on what is going to happening in this arc.
Do you think Harry will turn into the Goblin thing, i couldn't see Fury letting that happen for the 2nd time, cause he would be watching Harry, just in case??
I wish Harry had stayed around for more than like 4 issues......but then thats the same with Gwen not staying around for longer.

I think Harry does become goblin, in one of the issues the Goblin looks at Harry and say's to Harry "Cellar Door" what is in the cellar dollar? Maybe more stuff to make people into Goblin.

René said:
I think Harry does become goblin, in one of the issues the Goblin looks at Harry and say's to Harry "Cellar Door" what is in the cellar dollar? Maybe more stuff to make people into Goblin.

Cellar Door was one of the program words that Normal got Doctor Warren to... well program into Harrys brain. I think thats why Harry Collapse when the Green Goblin uses it.

It's a simple post-hypnotic suggestion. Any hypnotist can do something of the sort. While under hypnosis you link a behaviour to a key word, object, sound etc. and then bring the subject out of it. For instance you can make someone quack like a duck every time they see a blue car. Nothing mysterious. Cellar door is a post-hypnotic command telling Harry pass out.

Okay, well we know that Harry has something to do with the new Hobgoblin, has it been written in stone that he is the new Hobgoblin? Maybe he helps the new goblin. We'll see when the issue comes out

I seem to remember that one of the original Hobgoblins was Harry's psychologist, who used Harry to find the Goblin suits and all....

But I do think that Harry is the Hobgoblin, and that for a short while he'll be more powerful than his dad because he will take too much OZ, and then die later on (like the 616 Harry died from drug overdose)

Harry could be the Hobgoblin, but who knows, he could also hire a mercenary or use a lackey and mutate him into one who's name is Jason Macendale. Or heck, Harry becomes the new Goblin but someone else mutates and becomes the Hobgoblin. Still a lot of possibilities.

Although it's obvious that Harry will have a role in the Hob-Goblin arc, I would like to think that he will just remain a supporting cast member. Maybe this arc will help Harry rehabilite himself to the point where he can last at that school and get his life on track. This is highly doubtful, but something I would rather see than him actuall becoming the next goblin.

Whoever said it, I like the idea that Harry helps the goblin. It's a very cool take! It's different and it would be less of a thing for Peter actually exchanging fists with his buddy Harry.

Kal_Jenko said:
Cellar Door was one of the program words that Normal got Doctor Warren to... well program into Harrys brain. I think thats why Harry Collapse when the Green Goblin uses it.

What issue was this in?

René said:
Okay, well we know that Harry has something to do with the new Hobgoblin, has it been written in stone that he is the new Hobgoblin?

No, not at all. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I seem to remember that one of the original Hobgoblins was Harry's psychologist, who used Harry to find the Goblin suits and all....

I think you're right....

Dr.Strangefate said:
(like the 616 Harry died from drug overdose)

Didn't he die from the Goblin formula (Spec. Spidey #200)? He was ODing on LSD right before Gwen was killed but didn't die. I don't remember the story because it was god-awful, but I could have sworn that his death was due to a lethal reaction to a more powerful Goblin formula. Either way, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a drug OD, unless you qualify the Goblin formula as a drug.

Goodwill said:
I'm positive that it was the fact that Harry ODed on drugs... Marvel used that to teach people a lesson.

He didn't die though...

Celler Door is the 2 most beautiful words in the english language. Just FYI.

I like the 616 version of Hobby a good bit, a nameless criminal getting ahold of the goblin equipment and running amock, so I'm hoping that Ultimate Hobby won't be Harry. I do like the someone working for him idea. He can break off after a few issues and steal the gear/chemicals and work on his own.

It was the long term effects of the Goblin formual that killed Harry in 616 (he used a different variation than his dad or he took the formual in a different way or something).

The "Cellar Door" thing was in mentioned during The Legacy arc and more specifically was put to use in #26 I think, Ultimate E.

Harry's psyciatrist was the 3rd Green Goblin in 616, but that was Bart Hamilton. In Ultimate, Miles Warren was his psyciatrist and Warren was a schoolteacher who became The Jackal in 616.

I'm hoping not to see The Hobgoblin thing settled in this arc. His secret identity should boil over into another arc, even acting as a kind of sub-plot inbetween. Bendis should bring in some of the original suspects and original Goblins (Roderick Kingsley, Jason Macendale, Ned Leeds, that other guy from The Bugle who's name I can't remember - Lance something?) as well as throw in some of his own suspects as he seems to be doing with Harry. Bendis should be good at that kind of story with his history in detective-type comics.

Bludd_Rush said:
The "Cellar Door" thing was in mentioned during The Legacy arc and more specifically was put to use in #26 I think, Ultimate E.

Thanks. I don't remember much from that arc and should probably re-read it. :oops:

What was weird about that arc is that it took place in one night. One night took five issues to explain... Wow.

Goodwill said:
What was weird about that arc is that it took place in one night. One night took five issues to explain... Wow.

I think that's a good way to have a story go. It shouldnt always have to take over a course of weeks. I think it helps added to the suspense. Look at CRY WOLF four issues to tell a story that took place in one night. It was really well told.

Back to the topic, I think it would be cool to see Harry be the Goblin and then some else be the Hobgoblin. Two enemies at the same time for Spider-Man to face. I just hope if Bendis does do this that it's better than Ultimate Six.

I think Harry should def. end up bad... keep paralleling his character with smallville's lex luthor... I just love the whole fate says you have to turn into the bad guy... so i don't mind if someone else is the hob. but Harry's gotta turn eventually.... and that line he used at the end of S6 was def leaning towards revenge...

Latest posts

Back