Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I may catch heat for this, but I've always found the Harry Potter trailers to be more epic than the actual movies themselves. The movies aren't bad...they just don't live up to the posibilities hinted at in the trailers. That's not to say these movies will be bad. At least that's my two cents.

I may catch heat for this, but I've always found the Harry Potter trailers to be more epic than the actual movies themselves. The movies aren't bad...they just don't live up to the posibilities hinted at in the trailers. That's not to say these movies will be bad. At least that's my two cents.

That's just what the movie studios do. They take some of the best parts of the movie (that don't give away to much) paste it all together and then give you a trailer they hope will entice you enough to go see their movie. Sometimes they'll add music from other films or just random music tracks that won't even be in the movie to add flare to the trailer. You can't judge a movie by it's trailer. You got to watch the studio's behavior.

If their constantly shoving a movie in your face. Most likely their not cofident in their own work. Now sequels are a little harder to judge cause the studios are counting on the success of the first ,or second movie, or in this case six movies to make you want to go see this movie. And the fact that these movies are based on a serise of popular books makes it even harder to judge. In that case you have to watch all the trailer they put out. If you see a lot of new scenes in their trailers, it means their still try hard to entice you.

If the majority of the trailers are the filled with a lot of the same scenes. Most likely it's going to be a desent flick.

Sometimes they'll add music from other films or just random music tracks that won't even be in the movie to add flare to the trailer.

Actually they do that because in most cases the film isn't finished, it doesn't have a final cut and the scoring hasn't been performed. So they need something to put it.

I'm just gonna echo the sentiment that the trailers of all the movies make them look good. And then we get results like the 4th movie.

Really? Wow. I guess my last point said this pretty well, but I HATE the Goblet of Fire movie. I think it's easily the worst one, with important elements like the Quidditch World Cup and the bulk of the Crouch family development being cut for nonsense like choreographed dance routines and boring dragon chase sequences. But then again, I'm an enormous fan of the novels, and have a lot of trouble judging the movies on their own merits and not just as adaptations.

Really? Wow. I guess my last point said this pretty well, but I HATE the Goblet of Fire movie. I think it's easily the worst one, with important elements like the Quidditch World Cup and the bulk of the Crouch family development being cut for nonsense like choreographed dance routines and boring dragon chase sequences. But then again, I'm an enormous fan of the novels, and have a lot of trouble judging the movies on their own merits and not just as adaptations.

Well, at the very least I think you have to admit that stuff like that is completely subjective. Personally I think that was one of the best sequences in the series so far, but more importantly, it was the right choice to make because it was something new. We'd already had three spectacular Qudditch games by the fourth film, but we'd never seen something like that before. Even if I hadn't liked it I think it would've been a good gamble. And it was one of the key moments in the book too, so I don't really get where you're coming from.

Last edited:
In the book it wasn't a chase though.

Anyways, I think every film after the second was inferior to the book. I don't plan to see these, no matter how many random scenes they string together in the trailers.

I've never read the Harry Potter books so I have never been disappointed in that way. But I understand the feeling, it's happened to me with other movies based on books (I'm looking at you Prince Caspian).

I'll see the movies with my family because we've seen every other one so far. It will obviously be inferior to the book but it will be an enjoyable experience and worth seeing at least once.

I was supposed to go see it tonight with some friends, but it doesn't look like it will happen now.

I'm sure I'll see it some time.

Latest posts

Back