Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

Re: Harry Potter Discussion

Thanks, Seldes.

More obscure news - rumors have said that Fred and George will die in the last installment.

Hey, could you maybe spoilerize rumours like that? I love discussing personal specualtions about the HP books but I don't want to accidentaly read real rumours that could potentially be huge spoilers just like that. Or just put *RUMOUR* or something at the top?

Hey, moderator? Could the title change appropriately, please?

Sorry, Plant Man. I'm sure the Aberforth spoiler is minor, but a spoiler is a spoiler. I broke the rules and I'm sorry.

Goodwill said:
Hey, moderator? Could the title change appropriately, please?

Sorry, Plant Man. I'm sure the Aberforth spoiler is minor, but a spoiler is a spoiler. I broke the rules and I'm sorry.

Haha - Plant Man.

What do you want the title changed to?

Well, I was kind of expecting the Weasley twins to die in the last volume... Mrs. Weasley used to be Molly Prewitt, the younger sister to Gideon and Fabian Prewitt, two members of the original Order of the Pheonix who were brutally killed by five Death Eaters...

I think it would be far more effective to have just one of the two die, and the other be utterly changed by it... Regardless, I can't help but shake the image of an older, sadder Lee Jordan running Weasley Wizarding Wheezes all by himself.

You know who I wish we would see more of?

Fenrir Greyback...

Scariest villain to come out of the series aside from Voldemort himself... I mean, He eats babies! BABIES!

so i assume it's been said somewhere in here that Rowling said that 2 characters would die in the 7th book. I assume that means 2 other than Voldemort.

I'm saying Ron and Draco or the twins (which would suck, because they are, basically 90% of readers favorite characters).

And I've ALWAYS thought it would be awesome if they killed Voldemort through muggle means. All the books kinda look at things from a magic point of view, and Harry and Hermoine are both half-Muggle, and they would know how to use a gun. Harry shouldn't be able to beat Voldemort magically, he isn't that good. His strength is in his versatility, and knowing magic as well as how to use a gat should be shown as a strength.

Harry: "Glock, Glock, n*gg*!"

Planet-man said:
A theory my friends and I have joked about for years is that Voldemort's going to get gunned down in the 7th book. (read in a Dave Chapelle voice)All the expelliarmus in the world ain't gonna save you from a .44, *****!

Shame on all of you for not picking up on this "Last Dragon" quote!!! :rockon:

iceman said:
so i assume it's been said somewhere in here that Rowling said that 2 characters would die in the 7th book. I assume that means 2 other than Voldemort.

No, its been a lot more like, "Lots of people are going to die"

People are guessing the Twins because of their presence as older brothers figure to Harry to a far greater capacity to any of the other weasleys... I mean, he gave them the money to start the shop and everything.

Their deaths would give Harry or Ron the hatred necessary to use an unforgivable curse.

Harry needs to want Voldemort dead with every fiber of his soul to kill him... He is going to need some push.

I'm guessing that Hermione is going to bite the bucket...

Also... People who are saying that lily has connections to the death eaters are mistaken. Snape was in love with her. Its sooo obvious... that is why he turned on Voldemort, and why (even more than because of the taunting) he hated James. Also... That'd be why Dumbledore couldnt give him the real reason that he knew Snape was loyal.

Especially when Dumbledore's message is all about how love overpowers darkness... Snape is the poster child for all of that.

I guess this goes here

I've not read the books as I think they are kids books but I've seen the first 3 movies (watching 4th tonight)

Heres my thoughts -

-A hat should never talk no matter the movie
- So far they get better
-What the **** was the point in the shrunken heads?
- my favourite character Draco (i think the blond kid) in 1 and 2 he was cool but in the 3rd one he seemed too wussy.
- Will they ever have a normal teacher for defence against evil?

All in all the movies are for kids too but they are enjoyable

5/10 as films
7/10 as kids films

The books are surprisingly dark and present many adult themes. I suggest reading them, they're far better than the movies.

The books are surprisingly dark and present many adult themes. I suggest reading them, they're far better than the movies.

I tried but there were way to childish for me sorry. I only watched the films because my brother told to to watch the dvds of them.

I tried but there were way to childish for me sorry. I only watched the films because my brother told to to watch the dvds of them.
Really? Which copies were you reading? The last two volumes in particular had enough dark themes and other non-kid-friendly stuff in them that I moved them out of the Children's Room and into the Young Adult area of my library. Half-Blood Prince in particular has several scenes that would render it inappropriate for kids under the age of at least 11 or 12.

Really? Which copies were you reading? The last two volumes in particular had enough dark themes and other non-kid-friendly stuff in them that I moved them out of the Children's Room and into the Young Adult area of my library. Half-Blood Prince in particular has several scenes that would render it inappropriate for kids under the age of at least 11 or 12.

Agreed.

While written for children initially, Rowling has made the tone of the books age with their readers.

Looking forward to book seven (Which should be out mid next year. . .).

not read the latest only read the first one. It put me off reading the others. It's cool if others like it i just don't. I like some things that others would say is too childish for them.

I just found reading it is more of a child's book from books I'm use to when I do read (e.g lord of the rings)

and what you said about the age unless it is a book designed for 15 or higher I count it as child's book.

But It's my fault for expecting more I should of read Scholastic on it and realised it was for kids.

The books were designed in a way so that they would snag young readers and then evolve in content and tone as those kids grow up and their reading tastes become more adult (Which I can say, from personal experience, works).

Basically, the early book are aimed at kids, but the more recent ones are quite violent and dark.

Latest posts

Back