Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

True.

Okay, so how many of us are going to do a 6-book marathon over the course of the couple weeks leading up to the 21st? I know I am.8)

I know the first four books well enough. And I'm currently reading the fifth to my little brother, about 10-20 pages a day. We are almost on page 500. So I hope that I'll be able to finish the fifth and sixth with him before July 13th, take him to the OotP film in IMAX on the first weekend, and then, after I finish the seventh book on the (speculating) 29th, I'll start to read it to him. I just hope that all the stupid kids at his camp won't spoil it for him.

I know the first four books well enough. And I'm currently reading the fifth to my little brother, about 10-20 pages a day. We are almost on page 500. So I hope that I'll be able to finish the fifth and sixth with him before July 13th, take him to the OotP film in IMAX on the first weekend, and then, after I finish the seventh book on the (speculating) 29th, I'll start to read it to him. I just hope that all the stupid kids at his camp won't spoil it for him.

I swear, I'm going to unplug the internet and isolate myself from all people while I'm reading the 7th book. The major character deaths in the last two were spoiled for me.

Remember how a week before OotP was released, a bunch of copies got stolen and a whole page was given to the media or something? The radio made a big deal out of how they were going to reveal who dies(like it was a f***ing ratings grab or something). I tried to avoid it like the plague, but it was all over the school by that afternoon.

Half-Blood Prince was even worse. On the Superman Homepage we made a joke-spoilers thread the day it came out, listing things like "They play QUIDDITCH", "The train stops at....HOGWARTS" and "It turns out Harry's real father is McGonagal, who's just been Dumbledore in drag the whole time"(stupid stuff like the Anti-Scoop). Out of nowhere Doc Comic posts "
Snape kills Dumbledore
". F***.:furious:

Wow....why was I sad he left here again?:?

True.

Okay, so how many of us are going to do a 6-book marathon over the course of the couple weeks leading up to the 21st? I know I am.8)

I spent the last two weeks re-reading the six of them. I probably won't re-read them again until after I'm done with Deathly Hallows.

I'd just like to tell everyone that if any part of the book is spoiled anywhere outside of this thread, they will be banned.

For all of you weirdoes out there, you can see Harry Potter naked here and here.

Pervs. :)
Hot.
The kid in the play actually is very disturbed and in a weird moment rips off all of his clothes and blinds all of the horses in the stable he was working in... he has a pathological obsession with horses... as far as i know there is no horse sex.

Equus is supposed to be a really great play, and has existed long before radcliffe joined in... it was written in the 70's (lots of people keep making the mistake that this is some kind of shock play written to get radcliffe nude onstage)
Dammit!

Thank you for shattering my Harry-On-Horse fantasies.
If it makes it to the US i'm going to try to see it... (and not just because Radcliffe has a hot body).
Actually, seeing him in those pictures made me realize that with his build, Radcliffe would make a very convincing Robin (Or young Nightwing, I suppose).
I swear, I'm going to unplug the internet and isolate myself from all people while I'm reading the 7th book. The major character deaths in the last two were spoiled for me.

Remember how a week before OotP was released, a bunch of copies got stolen and a whole page was given to the media or something? The radio made a big deal out of how they were going to reveal who dies(like it was a f***ing ratings grab or something). I tried to avoid it like the plague, but it was all over the school by that afternoon.

Half-Blood Prince was even worse. On the Superman Homepage we made a joke-spoilers thread the day it came out, listing things like "They play QUIDDITCH", "The train stops at....HOGWARTS" and "It turns out Harry's real father is McGonagal, who's just been Dumbledore in drag the whole time"(stupid stuff like the Anti-Scoop). Out of nowhere Doc Comic posts "
Snape kills Dumbledore
". F***.:furious:
:shifty:

Haggrid accidentally steps on Harry's head.

The Anti Scoop was genius, not stupid

Indeed. It os one of the most sacred of threads. I'll not hear anymore disparaging remarks of it.

:lol: You know what I mean.

sonytape.jpg

Last edited:
Last week's The Soup was hilarious; after Joel McHale delivered his punchline about Harry being in Equus and right before he went on to another topic, he made a quick joke while pointing at the nude promotional photo: "Hey you can almost see his Any-Flavored Beans." :lol: :lol:

Heh, looks like he has a boner.

Too bad old (or... young...) Daniel isn't attractive. Way too pale and harry in the stomach. :l He could also use some muscle, although that would of course kind of be against Harry, who I doubt is going to the Hogwats Gym every Tuesday morning.

...Hey, why do you think wizards don't seem to be into physical sports? Has there been any mention to any kind of sport that isn't Qudditch?

...Hey, why do you think wizards don't seem to be into physical sports? Has there been any mention to any kind of sport that isn't Qudditch?

There's another one called "Quadpot" that's supposed to be more popular among wizards in the US. It involves scoring a goal before the ball explodes or something (yes, I own Quidditch Through The Ages:wink: ).

While I was reading the sixth book, I was locked away in my room (only coming down for meals or nighttime activities with my friends) and neglected the computer until I was finished. It worked, too... Nothing was spoiled for me until I read it myself. It's really fun when you get to read a Harry Potter book like that. Hopefully, it'll be no different for me when I'm reading the seventh.

Also, hopefully, I won't have poison ivy up and down my arms reading the book... During the time I spent reading the sixth, I had poison ivy and was constantly itching... I could've finished the book wlel before I actually did if it wasn't for me having to scratch at it. It was rough...

Anyway, can we get back to speculating about all the coolness we'll see in this book?

Hey, when reading the books, do you guys picture Dumbledore looking like Richard Harris, Michael Gambon, or just how you originally pictured him?

I still picture him looking like Richard Harris, especially how he looks in this shot, only with a more flowing, less curly beard.

Last edited:
Hey, when reading the books, do you guys picture Dumbledore looking like Richard Harris, Michael Gambon, or just how you originally pictured him?

I still picture him looking like Richard Harris, especially how he looks in this shot, only with a more flowing, less curly beard.

I like the wya Gambon looks better, because I think Harris was just TOO old and frail. But mostly I just picture him as a generic type wizard.

Overall I think the casting in the movies has been fantastic, though.

I like the wya Gambon looks better, because I think Harris was just TOO old and frail. But mostly I just picture him as a generic type wizard.

I prefer Gambon's portrayal too, but I still think Harris had a better appearance. Gambon needs to wear much fancier robes and his beard could be quite a few shades snowier.

When I read HP, I still see and hear Dumbledore as very energetic, bold and vibrant, but I just picture him looking and dressing the way Harris' did.

My own take. I thought Richard Harris was too soft-spoken and fraile looking, while Gambon's portrayal is far too harsh.

Latest posts

Back