Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

There seems to be debate on whether it's Hollows, or Hallows.

That's a pretty badass title.:shock:

It's grim and it already has enormous significance. So. . .yes, I agree. :D

ProjectX2 said:
There seems to be debate on whether it's Hollows, or Hallows.

There shouldn't be a debate. It's Hallows on Rowling's site.

. .. which, of course, would negate it's significance.

Last edited:
Well, Harry's parents lived at Godric's Hollow....but they also died on Hallow's Eve. :-|

If I were to pick one, Hallows sounds cooler. The Deathly Hollows sounds like a disease Emos would get.

Godric's Hollow should also have heavy significance. Mainly because it coincides with Godric Gryffindor.

Hallows. . .the Deathly Saints? That's slightly creepy, actually. . .

It is definitely Deathly Hallows...

B000818XA0.jpg

7-7-07 I believe.

Nope, that was just a false rumor.

I hate when so many people believe a false rumor; there are about 20 kids I know at school who are positive it's coming out then too. But then they realized that it can't be, 'cuz they know I'm the king of Pop Culture at my school, and if I haven't heard July '07 from about 20 different news sources simultaneously, then it definitely isn't true. :)

I hate when so many people believe a false rumor; there are about 20 kids I know at school who are positive it's coming out then too. But then they realized that it can't be, 'cuz they know I'm the king of Pop Culture at my school, and if I haven't heard July '07 from about 20 different news sources simultaneously, then it definitely isn't true. :)

There is no release date, but that's the *assumed* release because of the date coinciding with the book, and the fact that 7 is a magical number in the Potter Universe.

Of course, like others have said, it's only 5 days before the 5th movie AND it's the second anniversary of the London bombings, so its unlikely.

My stepmom is one of the editors at The-Leaky-Cauldron.org (Julie), and so far everyone is assuming that July 7th is the date, and Scholastic has said that they were aiming for that date (although this statement was later retracted)

However, I work at Borders Books, and checked our system today, and it looks like we have $1000 worth of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows copies coming in on July 20th... Making me think its going to be a July 21st release date.

Might not be supposed to say anything, but i'm all for freedom of information and all that jazz.

My stepmom is one of the editors at The-Leaky-Cauldron.org (Julie), and so far everyone is assuming that July 7th is the date, and Scholastic has said that they were aiming for that date (although this statement was later retracted)

However, I work at Borders Books, and checked our system today, and it looks like we have $1000 worth of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows copies coming in on July 20th... Making me think its going to be a July 21st release date.

Might not be supposed to say anything, but i'm all for freedom of information and all that jazz.

Who knows? I know that often places like Gamestop and EB Games put out "guesstimate" release dates just so they can get pre-orders on games. I'm not sure if Boarders works the same way (I've only ever reserved one book. . .Harry Potter 6), but it could be something similar. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Who knows? I know that often places like Gamestop and EB Games put out "guesstimate" release dates just so they can get pre-orders on games. I'm not sure if Boarders works the same way (I've only ever reserved one book. . .Harry Potter 6), but it could be something similar. *shrugs*

It got put in the system yesterday, and it might not be true, but then again, it might be. This is only in the system that only employees can use, by the way, this isn't just in the Borders Titlesleuth.

Don't stores usually get shipments a week before a release date? Perhaps we'll see this book on July 27th. Sounds about right to me, anyway.

Strangefate. You're my boy. :-D

7/7/07 is the theoritical release date, it's not confirmed as I thought it was

But, the closer it gets, I think it's going to be later, because the movie comes out on 7/13 and we don't want cross promotionalization happening

Now, another date being tossed around is 7/31, which is Harry's and the author's birthday

I think she has no idea when it's going to be, and plus she doesn't pick the release date, the publishing company does.

Can anyone find an official statement from Rowling where she tells us how much of the book she's completed? She does that from time to time, and it could help with all the speculation.

I'd try www.the-leaky-cauldron.org but the site doesn't work as well on my computer as it used to since they went all fancy high-tech.

Ahh. It was just what I've heard.

Latest posts

Back