HBO discussion

Re: HBO Series

:lol: Didn't say I watched it just for the sex and hot women , They also had cool storylines and it was all-round a great show
"Cool storylines"?

You've got to be joking.

I'll defend Sex in the City (even if I didn't like it very much) over and over, but 'cool storylines' is hardly a valid defense of it.

Witty dialogue? Yes.

Cool storylines? No.

"Cool storylines"?

You've got to be joking.

I'll defend Sex in the City (even if I didn't like it very much) over and over, but 'cool storylines' is hardly a valid defense of it.

Witty dialogue? Yes.

Cool storylines? No.

Yeah it is. If show has **** storylines it's crap. The storylines is what is responsible for character development , motivations and so much much. Saying storylines is not a valid defence is just wrong.

Unless it's reality tv , the storylines are on e of if not the most important part of a TV show

Is The Wire any good? The fifth and final season is starting up soon (or recently started up), and I'm debating about whether or not to put in on my Netflix queu. It sounds interesting, and I've been amazed by Rome and Carnivale in the past (although Big Love was kinda - not great. I only saw two episodes, though, so it could get better). Anyway, I was just curious.

Entourage, Rome, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYE is something I just recently started watching and thought was hilarious. Haven't seen much of it, but I intend to.

Sopranos was extremely overrated and I can't believe Doom liked Sex in the City.

Shattered. Illusions.

Entourage, Rome, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYE is something I just recently started watching and thought was hilarious. Haven't seen much of it, but I intend to.

Sopranos was extremely overrated and I can't believe Doom liked Sex in the City.

Shattered. Illusions.

Rome was cool the few episodes I caught same with Sopranos

I love Sex in the City

Curb Your Enthusiasm however I can't stand

I love Sex in the City

Curb Your Enthusiasm however I can't stand
:sure:

Anyway, HBO does good ****. I'm pretty sure it all started with Oz. I'm a big fan of Rome, Big Love, Deadwood, Sopranos (Though I will never forgive them for reviving "Don't Stop Believing" after it almost died out again), Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I just started watching The Wire.

Carnivale was awesome. Shame it got canceled, yet?

Flight of the Conchords is just great, though.

yeah it's golden girls, except sophia is ten years older. and blanche dyed her hair black...and got rid of her southern accent. and sophia got plastique surgery.

yeah it's golden girls, except sophia is ten years older. and blanche dyed her hair black...and got rid of her southern accent. and sophia got plastique surgery.

plastique surgery? Does that mean her face and **** are gonna blow up?

Because that, I would totally watch.

plastique surgery? Does that mean her face and **** are gonna blow up?

Because that, I would totally watch.

it's a metaphor for her blowing every guy she sees and her resulting explosion of a career is like that of the world trade center. it went dowwwwwn.

it's a metaphor for her blowing every guy she sees and her resulting explosion of a career is like that of the world trade center. it went dowwwwwn.

I never knew Sex and the City was so allegorical.

High five!

Because Zombipanda brought it up in the John Adams thread...

I think we need to see Carnivale resolved in a series of novel-length comics penned by Knauf.

I realize that it would probably be totally unjustified to keep up a show with such a costly and elaborate premise, just for a handful of dedicated followers.

But the saga (and, to a lesser extent, its fans) *deserves* a proper resolution.

Knauf has already gained experience writing comics, and I could easily imagine that most fans of the show would probably be open to comics, as a medium, to begin with.

Heck, the style of the storytelling could vary; sometimes adapting the pulp fiction format prevalent in the Depression era itself; other times, emulating the Golden Age conventions of comic writing.

But those are just aesthetic trappings, really.

What we *need* to know is how this story is going to play out, right up to the point when the bomb explodes over Trinity. Anything less would leave me feeling cheated.

Although the series *might* possible requite a name change. Where things left off, there really wasn't much of a Carnivale left,
with Sophie defected to Brother Justin's camp, "Management" dead, Jonesy unaccounted for, Libby gone, and Hawkins lacking the moral authority (and trust from Samson) necessary to rally the crew.

Last edited:

Because Zombipanda brought it up in the John Adams thread...

I think we need to see Carnivale resolved in a series of novel-length comics penned by Knauf.

I realize that it would probably be totally unjustified to keep up a show with such a costly and elaborate premise, just for a handful of dedicated followers.

But the saga (and, to a lesser extent, its fans) *deserves* a proper resolution.
Yes.

compound said:
Knauf has already gained experience writing comics, and I could easily imagine that most fans of the show would probably be open to comics, as a medium, to begin with.
No.

Knauf sucks at teh comics.

Latest posts

Back