HBO discussion

Re: HBO Series

THAT'S IT. I did not like AMERICAN BEAUTY. That's why I never was interested! It all makes sense now! I was wondering why I wasn't interested, and you reminded me! Yay!

But sure, if I'm given the chance, I'll give SFU a go. :)

Just watch the first episode and see what you think.

I think it is miles better than American Beauty. Its by far a more mature work.

I agree. True Blood is just awful. It's got some great sex scenes, though, for what it's worth. And really, I guess that's the best you can expect from a "gothic" vampire story these days. :roll:

Did anyone see the BBC/HBO bio-mini on Saddam Hussein? It didn't really work as a coherent story, but there were plenty of interesting things in there just by virtue of that dynasty being such an interesting group of people. And the guy who played Uday did a pretty great job.

THAT'S IT. I did not like AMERICAN BEAUTY. That's why I never was interested! It all makes sense now! I was wondering why I wasn't interested, and you reminded me! Yay!

But sure, if I'm given the chance, I'll give SFU a go. :)

You really should. This despite the fact that you should be classified as clinically insane for not liking American Beauty :D.

So, FotC has my new favorite exchange ever.

"Because it shouldn't matter where you're from when love's involved. It's like that movie, Interracial Hole Stretchers 2. She was white, they were black but it didn't matter in the end did it? Because they were in love."
"I haven't seen that one."
"Well, it really affected me."

I think it is miles better than American Beauty. Its by far a more mature work.
I agree with this.

I never followed Six Feet Under past the second season, but American Beauty already gets beat for being not much more than a masculinity reclamation fantasy.

And I say that as someone who LIKES that movie.

HBO update!

I did watch the first episode of True Blood which I had downloaded a long time ago. It was... okay. There doesn't seem to be much to it. There is lots of sex, but I think it's because it's a show about vampires and vampires have been related with sexuality ever since Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. At least, that's what I think Alan Ball is getting at. I don't know. I'll probably watch more but I'm in no hurry.

Six Feet Under. I've seen the first disc. This is wonderful. I am hooked. And what a magnificent cast. I've read comments on how Alan Ball knows more about life and death and how this show can emotionally change or complete the viewer, so I'm excited to watch the rest.

I've also seen the first episode of Oz. It's okay. I'm not sure about the style. It was distracting. And the surreal scenes with Michael Perrineau are just odd at the moment. It looks like lots of characters you see in the background get fleshed out and expanded as the show goes on, and in that way it's like a counterpart to The Wire (as they also share a lot of actors). I also think it's great the creator wrote or co-wrote all of the episodes. Looking forward to watching the rest of this too.

HBO update!

I did watch the first episode of True Blood which I had downloaded a long time ago. It was... okay. There doesn't seem to be much to it. There is lots of sex, but I think it's because it's a show about vampires and vampires have been related with sexuality ever since Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. At least, that's what I think Alan Ball is getting at. I don't know. I'll probably watch more but I'm in no hurry.

I think there's a lot of sex because Charlaine Harris likes writing stories about horror monsters boning each other.

I followed all of True Blood this season.

But I can't help but feel like I didn't really have to. The high point of the entire season was seeing Lizzy Caplan's boobs.

Yeah....I'm not too sure of watching season 2.

I followed all of True Blood this season.

But I can't help but feel like I didn't really have to. The high point of the entire season was seeing Lizzy Caplan's boobs.

Yeah....I'm not too sure of watching season 2.
The show is just bad.

There isn't a single interesting or likable character, the plots are beyond ridiculous, and the acting is atrocious. How Anna Paquin earned a Golden Globe for this show is beyond me. If anything she should have earned a lifetime ban from SAG for her performance.

The show is just bad.

There isn't a single interesting or likable character, the plots are beyond ridiculous, and the acting is atrocious. How Anna Paquin earned a Golden Globe for this show is beyond me. If anything she should have earned a lifetime ban from SAG for her performance.
Anna Paquin earned her Golden Globe the same way she earned her Academy Award fifteen years ago...

Casting couch style.

The show is just bad.

I have to say that I find most of the characters extremely annoying. Especially Anna Paquin's character. She just seems dazed and whiny all of the time. Everytime she's on screen I can't help but think about how gap-toothed she is. I do like the vampires though, at least they're interesting. Season 2 seems like it will be better than the first, which really wasn't all that great. I think this show would be much better if they just focused on the vampires. Stupid Anna Paquin.

I have to say that I find most of the characters extremely annoying. Especially Anna Paquin's character. She just seems dazed and whiny all of the time. Everytime she's on screen I can't help but think about how gap-toothed she is. I do like the vampires though, at least they're interesting. Season 2 seems like it will be better than the first, which really wasn't all that great. I think this show would be much better if they just focused on the vampires. Stupid Anna Paquin.

I think Anna Paquin is kind of sexy but the monsters, and most of the cast for that matter, are ****ing retarded. Then again, it's a vampire romance written by a middle-aged woman. Those kind of things never turn out well...... At least they didn't base it on Poppy Z. Brite books at least, right? The sex scenes are entertaining at least.

Did anyone see the debut of Hung? It was actually fairly amusing.

I think Anna Paquin is kind of sexy but the monsters, and most of the cast for that matter, are ****ing retarded. Then again, it's a vampire romance written by a middle-aged woman. Those kind of things never turn out well...... At least they didn't base it on Poppy Z. Brite books at least, right? The sex scenes are entertaining at least.

I have to admit that I really don't think Anna Paquin is sexy at all. Sure, she's kinda cute, but she's not incredibly attractive. Eric, Bill, and Jessica (it's kinda sad that I know the character's names), who are all vampires, are the only three interesting characters on the show.

I have to admit that I really don't think Anna Paquin is sexy at all. Sure, she's kinda cute, but she's not incredibly attractive. Eric, Bill, and Jessica (it's kinda sad that I know the character's names), who are all vampires, are the only three interesting characters on the show.

Lafayette!

Eric and Bill kick **** and are awesome. You guys are crazy.

Eric and Bill kick **** and are awesome. You guys are crazy.

Agreed. I don't think anyone said otherwise. I just can't stand Sookie (which is a retarded name btw), and I really don't get why both of them are fascinated by her. This may sound a bit gay, but both are way above her league.

Last edited:

I don't like Bill.

Eric is great.

Bill & Sookie are probably the least interesting. Everyone else is great.

Jason always entertains me with his shenanigans

Latest posts

Back