Hibiki's Hit List!

akh3c1d86cpy2fu1.jpg

She's married to Kevin Bacon!?!

For about 18 years now, yeah. :?

Speaking of Kevin Bacon, "Footloose" starts Thursday night, and I play "A Cop". It's an OK production, in my opinion, but for some reason, we sold out all three nights a week and a half ago, breaking a record from '07. This boggles the mind, because my school has -- I'm not gonna lie, so it's gonna sound like I'm talking b.s. -- one of the greatest theater programs in the country, and virtually every other show they've done has garnered far greater attention than this. Most notably, in late '06, Fred Phelps was supposed to come picket our performances of "The Laramie Project" but chickened out last minute - in his defense, there was a gay soldier's funeral to protest elsewhere :)roll:). (Barney Frank ended up being the only real famous person to come.) And then last November, we made the front page of the GlobeWest section for our costly production of "Peter Pan", with wires for flying and all.

In fact, two notable guys from the theater program who have gone on to become famous in the world of entertainment are none other than John Krasinski and B.J. Novak (Jim and Ryan of The Office) themselves. A funny coincidence (if that wasn't enough of one already): B.J. wrote a play that John was in Senior year, and now B.J. writes the occasional episode of The Office that they then both act in.

If anyone remembers from a little over a year ago, I mentioned in The Office Thread that I got to speak with B.J. for a period of 75 minutes, it's because he visited and I got to sit in on the class he spoke to. And I ended up asking a majority of the questions, being the Office g33k and all.

Latest posts

Back