Hollywood Stock Exchange

8th out of 11... *mumble-grumble*

I shall return, and the world shall tremble before my glory.

For newcomers, I'll post the league, with UC Names and HSX Names (in the order of the current status quo)

1. ProjectX2 - ProjectX2
2. ourchair - ourchair
3. Ultimate Houde - Neil_Tathers
4. Willverine - dolphsavage
5. Iceshadow - JackTrick
6. Joe Kalicki - JoeKalicki
7. McCheese - McCheese
8. Dr.Strangefate - DrStrangefate
9. Nigma - Nigma22
10. Ultimate Quicksilver - Ult_Quicksilver
11. SSJmole - ssjmole

Remember! Capitalization DOES matter at HSX!

Last edited:
For newcomers, I'll post the league, with UC Names and HSX Names (in the order of the current status quo)

1. ProjectX2 - ProjectX2
2. ourchair - ourchair
5. Iceshadow - JackTrick
7. McCheese - McCheese
9. Nigma - Nigma22
11. SSJmole - ssjmole

Don't forget to add compound to that list, username compound. He's at the rock bottom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep coming close to making a profit even broke even then BAM back down to -2.0 grrrr
Don't worry about it, no matter what, you'll ALWAYS be doing better than compound. ALWAYS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8th out of 11... *mumble-grumble*

I shall return, and the world shall tremble before my glory.

1. ProjectX2 - ProjectX2
2. ourchair - ourchair
5. Iceshadow - JackTrick
7. McCheese - McCheese
9. Nigma - Nigma22
11. SSJmole - ssjmole

Thanks Doc!

...poor, poor compound.

Thanks Doc!

...poor, poor compound.
The silly thing is that he invested mostly in quirky actors, independent films and the like that may perform relatively well at the box office and garner positive critical reception... but they yield poor results on a share value level.

For example, he invested in Fanboys, and the performers attached to it, but I believe that film will have to do CRAZY box office to positively affect the actors involved since their share value currently exceeds the box office potential of that film, especially since it's only going to be on a limited number of screens.

Another example is Kristen Bell of Veronica Mars. Sure, she's a good actress --- but she's not actively maintaining a heavy film career, which is ALL that counts towards a performer's share value.

This is why I'll probably drop Michael Chiklis after Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer's box office is computed into his share value and will only pick him up again when Fantastic Four 3 commences production or The Shield finishes its final season, whichever comes first.

In other news, Houde will probably catch up to me very soon and kick my ***.

Last edited:
This up-and-down 300 yo-yo is giving me an ulcer! Oh, won't the movie just come out already and make a billion dollars?

I share your pain.

This is why I'll probably drop Michael Chiklis after Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer's box office is computed into his share value and will only pick him up again when Fantastic Four 3 commences production or The Shield finishes its final season, whichever comes first.

In other news, Houde will probably catch up to me very soon and kick my ***.

I'll be doing the same with 300 and Knocked Up pretty soon.

Ice also registered under Agentice, but I don't think he's playing. I have 13 UC users in my League now.

I share your pain.

I'll be doing the same with 300 and Knocked Up pretty soon.
Oh god, for a moment I read that as "I'll be doing the same and getting knocked up pretty soon." and I was like, what the hell does that have to do with the HSX?!?!?!?

I seem to be making no progress at all. Every dollar I make with one stock, I lose with another. It's ridiculous.
What losses have you incurred and what gains have you made? Just curious if there's a rationalize to that.

What losses have you incurred and what gains have you made? Just curious if there's a rationalize to that.
300, Topher Grace, Natalie Portman, and Iron Man go up and down more than a pogo stick. Yesterday Metroid made me some money, today I lost all the winnings on Green Hornet. Which I only bought because it was so cheap, but now I'd lose a lot of money if I pull out.

300, Topher Grace, Natalie Portman, and Iron Man go up and down more than a pogo stick. Yesterday Metroid made me some money, today I lost all the winnings on Green Hornet. Which I only bought because it was so cheap, but now I'd lose a lot of money if I pull out.

Get some Knocked Up, Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd, they are all gonna be money soon. I also suggest losing Portman, unless you're really banking off her.

Just a quick stock tip:

If you don't already have Captain America, you should pick it up. The price is still relatively cheap (almost 6 bucks per share) and this week it's picked up 33%. Not too shabby. I plan on buying some more in the near future.

I'm somewhat unsurprised about the ups and downs of 300. It's been my experience so far that the closer a film gets to release the more its share value yo-yos, simply because the question of "Will the box office gross match the predictions or not?" becomes more of an issue for traders and industry speculators, as opposed to when it's still in the concept/pre-production/production stages.

I didn't invest in 300, but I'm holding onto Lena Headey. Even if that film does only HALF the box office expected, it will still lift her share value up substantially.

Willverine said:
If you don't already have Captain America, you should pick it up. The price is still relatively cheap (almost 6 bucks per share) and this week it's picked up 33%. Not too shabby. I plan on buying some more in the near future.
Is this just a result of active trading, or have there been new developments regarding the project that are directly affecting the value? I ask this because for some reason Paul Walker's share value also went up by a bit today, even though he doesn't have a new film coming soon until later this year, and he's frequently been mentioned as a candidate for the title role.

Last edited:
Took the hit and got rid of AMOLI, who ****ed me over at the end, and bought several different stocks in several different places.

It was a several different day

I'm managing to hold on to my third place still th ough

Booya

Last edited:
A secret stock i wish i had invested more in went up 101%

I'm hoping hoping hoping that Zodiac shoots up this weekend, otherwise I'm just going to have to accept that as a loss.

Latest posts

Back