House MD Discussion

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Why do I keep thinking there's a thread for this?

Anyone watch it with Livingston guest starring. Pretty good it's amazing how I still care about the same plot every single time. They're bound to run out of diseases and medical problems right?

The final scene with House acting like a cripple was really funny.

Next week's previews with the shock victim and House's parents looks good enough to anticipate.

4/5

His smart-*** lines always seem forced. I can't explain it. It's an OK show, but not something I purposely sit down and watch.

I LOVED Hugh Laurie in Blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster, and my problem with House is that I still see his vacuous, air-headed grin in scenes. The snark is wonderful, but some of the other stuff - brilliant diagnostician or no, NO hospital is going to let a staff member wander around popping vicodin like jellybeans.

And isn't this exactly what every human going into a hospital fears most? "The doctors don't know what's wrong with me, and they're going to just try things until they kill me" - which is what happens in every episode (almost said "issue") of House, until about 8 minutes of the hour, when they find the correct diagnosis. Also love House's American accent, which rolls locations - a sort of mid-western/Boston/semi-non-Texan twang.

Other than that, I liked the play. And I want Stephen Fry to come and guest-star.

Last edited:
I love this show. I am a little scared I am gonna turn into a sarcastic jerk like House as I grow older though. Tonight, I was as annoyed with that mother Theresa wannabe as House was.

My sister is an intern. I tuned her on this show and she loves it too. She says the medical stuff is pretty good and loves to try to guess ahead of time what the problem is with the patient.

Last edited:
Now I watch this show every week and always enjoy it. I'll admit though, it's just not worth talking about. Every week's the same formula with a little bit extra here or there. It's still consistantly good... with the exception of tonight because tonight's episode was just great.

Here's the deals...

1. The patient is a homosexual whose HIV positive. But there's something else wrong with him. This guy lives life dangerously (sex and drugs) because he's got nothing else to live for. The reluctant father, who everyone takes as a biggot, comes and visits. We find out the patient had a chance to save his dying mother by donating a Kidney but ****ed it up by having unprotected sex and contracting HIV. For this reason the father hates his son. After House figures out that the father is sweating because he's having liver problems, They find out what's really going on and that's that they both have parasites. The father and son reunite

2. The patient coughs blood on Allison who has to be checked for HIV. She ends up taking the patients advice and starts to get high and reckless. This leads to plenty of mocking from House throughout the episode. It also leads to Ali sleeping with Robert. Robert's line at the end about how it's a bad idea sleeping with associates because "If the sex is good, it gets complicated. And the sex did not suck." was great.

3. Also House is trying to get back with his ex-wife by catching a rat in her house. She's not denying him but by the end House gets shut down because after House argues that he knows she's not sleeping with her husband, she figures out he's been reading her file and though she still has feelings for house, dismisses him.

The episode was above the ordinary IMO.

One thing I noticed is how House always gets **** on because of his poor attitude. I can see this series ending somehow with House dying with everyone who knows him there but ultimately dying alone.

5/5

Yeah, this was good.

It was especially hilarious when he got the black doctor to consult for a rat.

"He's got no insurance."

:lol:

Rhyo said:
I LOVED Hugh Laurie in Blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster, and my problem with House is that I still see his vacuous, air-headed grin in scenes. The snark is wonderful, but some of the other stuff - brilliant diagnostician or no, NO hospital is going to let a staff member wander around popping vicodin like jellybeans.

And isn't this exactly what every human going into a hospital fears most? "The doctors don't know what's wrong with me, and they're going to just try things until they kill me" - which is what happens in every episode (almost said "issue") of House, until about 8 minutes of the hour, when they find the correct diagnosis. Also love House's American accent, which rolls locations - a sort of mid-western/Boston/semi-non-Texan twang.

Other than that, I liked the play. And I want Stephen Fry to come and guest-star.

I was praying that House's ex's husband would be Stephen Fry. Fry needs to show up.

Also, I think Laurie is amazing as an actor. When I watch Jeeves and Wooster or A Bit of Fry & Laurie, I find I have to remind myself they're the same person.

I too, thought immediately about the show turning everyone into hypochondriacs that are too scared to go to the hospital. But the thing is - I don't care. It's like a whodunnit but it's a disease and it's more of a whatisit.

I just - argh. I just think of all the time I wasted on Lost and Desperate Housewives - I just really enjoy this show. It's just plain fun and genuinely exciting. My favourite was the penultimate episode of season 1 where House gives a lecutre to students and tells them three stories of different patients who all start off with just a pain in their leg.

:arrgh: Son of a *****! The cable was screwy last night (two nights ago - Tuesday) and it was hard to watch the entire episode because the recording kept skipping. Anyway, what I did see... I was pleased with as always. But the scene where House bribes the other doctor was some prime cut television. One of the most comedic scenes I have ever seen. Dr. House is a son of a *****.

The scenes with House and his ex were great as always. I mean who wouldn't want House? He's dead sexy.

Also liked where this is going... House is going to be under watch and things could get ugly for him finally. Karma's a ***** ain't it?

I'd give it a 5/5 from what I saw but as the episode progressed it just got worse with the skipping. :arrgh:

Episode was good. I loved Cynthia Nixon's character. The opening was a great scene Laurie and Nixon's interaction was pretty pretty good.

Dr. Foreman's supervising house was funny and so was Ali's complaining on why she didn't get chosen and everyone's referring to her past stint with the drugs and hooking up with Dr. Chase.

4/5 solid episode as always.

i'm really liking this show, don't know why...but it just has the right concept, it might be because i don't watch every esp. maybe twice a month, thats all i get time for. and that might be in one sitting.

1/10 was a great episode.

House and his ex interaction really took off. I'm looking forward to the progression of this with her husband probably getting involved soon.

The patient's problem and House's placement was the best part. Amazing how they keep thinking coming up with new scenerios for these patients. Will they ever run out?

It was really heartbreaking about the patient and his wife. And pretty unfair to the man. Hopefully they do get back together but I don't think we've ever seen a followup in the series.

The team who can't keep it together without House is hilarious. Epps really wants to take House down I think and the others don't. Ali didn't even think about it until she realized they didn't choose her to be in charge while House is under review and Chase is too passive to do anything drastic (something that might make an interesting storyline for him later)

Here's hopeing House get his ex back and becomes a better man for it. Well, not too much better.

Wish I could give better plot summaries but all the medical babble and it's tough when you know your audience is jumping on mid season (Season II)

5/5

Anyone see last week's episode? "Supermom"

Good as always. And too bad things aren't gonna work out between House and the ex. I think they could've thought of something better though. They always pull the "guy finally gets girl and decides it's better to not get involved".

Oh well,

4/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Anyone see last week's episode? "Supermom"

Good as always. And too bad things aren't gonna work out between House and the ex. I think they could've thought of something better though. They always pull the "guy finally gets girl and decides it's better to not get involved".

Oh well,

4/5

mommy taking the kids drugs, that was funny

Woah!!!

Who saw it? "SKIN DEEP"

The model... I don't know if I should even have enjoyed it or if I should throw up.

I mean I think this might be one of my favorite episodes. I think...

It even progressed House's leg problem a bit which is something we never see. And when he slipped in the meeting and the others just looked at him was priceless and like I said before just displays just how alone this guy really is. The fact that his ex was absent from the entire episode enforces that.

Now the interesting stuff...

The parts where House goes on about the 15 year old model towards the beginning was funny. Then the story got weirder and weirder with the father sleeping with the daughter and ultimately the deal with her being a "boy"

Crazy *** stuff...

5/5

I adore House.

I only hope my mum is taping the episodes for me while I'm away... :D

There was something in the most recent episode that I absolutely adored specifically about House and something he did, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I love House.

But they really, really, really, need to get ride of Cameron. She's the Kate (Lost) of House.

Latest posts

Back