House of M series discussion (spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Damn. That was one hell of a way to begin the series. The dialogue was so perfect, I don't see how Bendis could have outdone himself anymore. The art was B-E-A-UUUTIFUL. Loved how everyone looked. Just seems like MARVEL and Olivier Coipel go hand in hand. Wish this guy still does UXM!

Unto the story....

It started out great with the 'dream' Wanda had. And it continued great. How the "old" Avengers and the X-Men came, still like how that was written. It was good. But the scene with Quicksilver/Magneto and with Wanda on the bed? Priceless. Loved that. Favorite part of the issue. Bendis said he was gonna show Quicksilver really get affacted, and so far, he's delivered. Yelling out at his own father about that the Avengers and the X-Men were going to kill his own sister? I don't think Bendis could have done it any better.

The meeting went great....err...reading wise that is, lol. It was cool to see that just because she was an Avenger and not an X-Men, that Cap goes and says "We get to decide, NOT you!". And then Emma coming in and saying because she's and out-of-control mutant, that they get to get a say, too.

And the end, with that little portal-thinga-ma-job, I see that's how everything begins for the tie-ins and what not. The way the issue ended, I was like "The hell?!", and I like that.

Overall, great beginning, and let the summer event begin! :p

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Did Quicksilver appeared just in Wanda Dreams??? or he appeared for real? spoil me please =P
He appeared for real. That whole thing with the arguing was real.

By the looks of it. Things in H.O.M. are made for people to have better lives and what not. So here, Pete's with Gwen.

Or a blonde M.J., but that's not her style. :lol:

icemastertron said:
By the looks of it. Things in H.O.M. are made for people to have better lives and what not. So here, Pete's with Gwen.

Or a blonde M.J., but that's not her style. :lol:
What if it's Carol Danvers...that'd be a cool twist.

Overall I liked the issue, but I cheated and already saw most of the issue. My favorite part of the issue was also the Pietro/Eric interaction.

I'm gonna hold off on the giving this event a 5 star rating as Bendis loves to start his arcs and stories very strongly.

This was amazing though. I could've cried at some parts. I even liked Wolverine in the issue. The character interactions were perfect. The illustrations were Coipel's a master. Ice, already told the story so I don't have to delve. I was sooo happy with this read. Great Great stuff.

Irish_4204 said:
What if it's Carol Danvers...that'd be a cool twist.

Overall I liked the issue, but I cheated and already saw most of the issue. My favorite part of the issue was also the Pietro/Eric interaction.

It could be Felicia Hardy, as well.

Though i'm betting on Gwen.

Wow, lotta love hereabouts...

Color me rather "meh" toward it. The opening panels with Wanda are good, the scene between Quicksilver and Magneto is good. The art is lovely. The plot can be summed up in two short sentences ("Wanda's still crazy and we have to stop her. Okay, let's ALL go talk to her about it before we vote to kill her or not."), but at least something concrete happens in the issue, and it does have nice artwork, so I'll have to give it a cautious "good."

I agree with what has been said. The Pietro/Magnus seen was greatly emotional and one of my fav scenes. It looks like its going to be some summer for our heroes. By the way, Ice, Sentry barely showed up in this [I don't even think he talked], how does that make you feel?

After hearing you all talking about it, i wish i could pick this up today :shock:

It though it was kinda fast...the whole story just ran by, "Hi guys, lets see what we do to wanda" they go to Genosha she's not there. Thee go after her the end... But good scene with Pietro and Magnus :D finally he went out of the limbo

Good start to the series, i hope this is real good.
If thats Gwen in the bed, i wonder if bendis will get to kill off another 1 :p hahahahaha

Shihad said:
Good start to the series, i hope this is real good.
If thats Gwen in the bed, i wonder if bendis will get to kill off another 1 :p hahahahaha
It's not more of "kill another", but if and when (and I think I read that maybe he will) realize that this is all fake, and just everything will end up "disappearing" or something when everything goes back to normal.

Wait a sec,about the Gwen thing.The plot is Wanda gives people what they've always wanted.Pete's with Gwen,and this is happening in 616.So when things go back to normal and MJ finds out Pete's always wanted to be with Gwen?!

Gues thats Wizard's list of mysteries solved.....

Latest posts

Back