House of M series discussion (spoilers)

Well... that's all Bendis' characters ever do. They sit around and talk, and then he acts as if we should be grateful that he's finally written a scene where a superhero and supervillain fight. :(

Am I wrong, or isn't House of M supposed to bring some lasting changes to the MU? I thought it wasn't an entirely imaginary story where things go back to normal, but meant to reboot (to whatever degree, who knows?) the status quo.

Bass said:
Firstly Parthuman, I doubt that Gwen will become permanent. Bendis, considering himself an integral artist, would never undercut Stan Lee's story like that.

Stan Lee didn't kill Gwen Stacy, Gwen was -always- supposed to stay Peter's main squeeze. Stan's not a fan of MJ

Bass said:
Firstly Parthuman, I doubt that Gwen will become permanent. Bendis, considering himself an integral artist, would never undercut Stan Lee's story like that.

Are you talking about Gwen's death? I don't believe that was Lee's story...

It was either Roy Thomas or Gerry Conway that killed Gwen.Stanley was VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY pished at that little story....

Are you guys sure about this?

I've got this big ol' trade by Romita Sr and Lee with no Gwen and with Peter and MJ dating throughout.

I also recall Lee saying about how he liked MJ, their wedding, and loved the death of Gwen story.

I'm very surprised to hear that he didn't write it, nor did he like it. While I can believe the former, the latter I don't think is true, considering what I've read of his.

Bass said:
Are you guys sure about this?

I've got this big ol' trade by Romita Sr and Lee with no Gwen and with Peter and MJ dating throughout.

I also recall Lee saying about how he liked MJ, their wedding, and loved the death of Gwen story.

I'm very surprised to hear that he didn't write it, nor did he like it. While I can believe the former, the latter I don't think is true, considering what I've read of his.

Stan's only ever said he disagrees with the death,and as far as I know thats the only thing he ever said that wasn't incredibly enthusiastic.But there was some strong opposition from Stan around the time of publishing.

Patriot said:
Stan's only ever said he disagrees with the death,and as far as I know thats the only thing he ever said that wasn't incredibly enthusiastic.But there was some strong opposition from Stan around the time of publishing.

Yeah, i remember readin about this around the time of the first Spider-Man movie....

He did introduce Mary Jane, but only as a temporary thing, Gwen Stacy was supposed to be the big one.

Yes, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy were the main item Stan Lee had in mind. MJ didn't meet Peter until ASM # 42, and around that time gwen started to become attched to Peter. MJ was just too party girl for Peter. So Gwen and Peter ended up having a realtionship for about 50 issues until her death by Gerry Conway....excuse me, Green Goblin.

According to samruby.com review on ASM # 121, Lee, Thomas and Conway talked about the issue before it was written and came to an agreement to publish it.If I recall Conway said that there was nothing left to do with Gwen so she was offed.

Ultxon said:
According to samruby.com review on ASM # 121, Lee, Thomas and Conway talked about the issue before it was written and came to an agreement to publish it.If I recall Conway said that there was nothing left to do with Gwen so she was offed.

:x So I wonder what that guy did when "there was nothing left to do with" his own wife. Did he off her? Or just divorce her? Stupid people.

House of M #2 discussion/spoilers

Good solid issue, dealing with a great variety of the characters after the white light. They were all good, but I didn't understand the Chicago scene with Hank. Could someone summarize that part, please? Also, what was the point of the Colossus part? Nothing happened. And Wolverine's reaction is great, hope next issue deals with him.

Yeah, loved this issue. But Robert, that was Iceman, right? If it was, than I wonder who the kid was with him, and what exactly is going on.

But the scene with Hank, I think he was talking about that the work that Pym was doing, isn't allowed because it probably against the law, for the lack of a better phrase.

And the next issue is dealing with Wolverine, with 4 dealing with the new girl, Layla.

icemastertron said:
Yeah, loved this issue. But Robert, that was Iceman, right? If it was, than I wonder who the kid was with him, and what exactly is going on.

robert is also the name of the sentry...i believe that's who this robert is...and that black wall thing possibly the void

selfproclaimed said:
robert is also the name of the sentry...i believe that's who this robert is...and that black wall thing possibly the void
That was my assumption as well. The Sentry seeing a shrink is a pretty good use.

Does anyon else seem to think that the House of M issues seem shorter than normal issues? Anyone?

Reading the issue over, I say it IS Sentry. The "black cloud" = Void.

And I think this issue seemed shorter this is actually (if you believe it or not), is an issue where Bendis doesn't have an *** load of reading on one page alone. :lol:

icemastertron said:
Reading the issue over, I say it IS Sentry. The "black cloud" = Void.

And I think this issue seemed shorter this is actually (if you believe it or not), is an issue where Bendis doesn't have an *** load of reading on one page alone. :lol:
I know its not actualy shorter, but you know, when you look at 3 panels without any dialogue you tend to blow through issues.

icemastertron said:
But Robert, that was Iceman, right?

Ice! You disappoint me! :wink: It was indeed Sentry - interesting that he has a son. Hopefully it wasn't just a cameo for the sake of having a cameo.

Decent issue - it was well used in showing what is going on in the new universe. Hopefully that's enough of that though. Let's get into the storyline.

Back