How do you rate Bendis/Maleev run on Daredevil

How do you rate Bendis/Maleev's run on Daredevil?

• Total voters
Baxter said:
I just think it felt out of place. Everything else in the run moved things forward while The Golden Age seemed to almost be treading water, like they weren't sure where things were going to go from so they needed an arc that would hold things over. If there had been more examination of Daredevils effects on Hells Kitchen in the past then the arc would have fit more, but as is it seemed out of place.

If anything Decalogue was out of place. Looking back I hated how it was placed right before TMP. I liked Decalogue but I didn't need the flashback then and there.

Was Golden Age essential to what was happening in Matt's life? Absolutely not. But it was a good example of when it rains it ****in' pours. Besides we got some good characterization out of Del Toro, Potter, and the intro of a very interesting antagonist -- The original Kingpin. Plus the flashback art was wicked awesome.

I give it 4 stars. The plotting and art were superb, but Bendis' dialogue falls flat.

Last edited:
Baxter said:
I just think it felt out of place. Everything else in the run moved things forward while The Golden Age seemed to almost be treading water, like they weren't sure where things were going to go from so they needed an arc that would hold things over.

I can see that, sure. It was a good story though, and didn't disrupt the main story. Then again I read it in TPB - maybe it was different reading the issues as they came out.

Latest posts

Back