Indestructible Hulk by Waid & Yu (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
I'm crying tears of joy, here. A while back I posted a short piece here titled Marvel needs to reboot and fix The Hulk. I feel like someone read that and took it to heart.

This is EXACTLY how Bruce Banner and Hulk should be handled. They haven't gotten Hulk right in YEARS and they finally did it.

Between this and Daredevil, Waid is absolutely on fire. I'm willing to consider that I might be wrong in my apathy about the Marvel relaunch books (even though none of the others I've read so far have been anything special). This one gets it right.

Re: Indestructable Hulk by Waid & Yu (spoilers)

I was thinking, "Why wasn't this done before?"

Waid is a genius. This was wonderful in every way. I loved the tension and mystery alone in just the ticks from the clock, making you think, what's going to happen? And the art was amazing. Everything looked perfect.

This is Yu's best work yet, I agree.

One of the concerns with resetting everything like I wanted was how you'd put all of those things back in the box. And I think having Bruce approach Maria Hill and laying it all out on the table was the perfect way to do it.

My favorite relaunch title. I can't believe this idea has never been done. It makes so much sense. It's using both characters to their maximum potential and I'm actually interested in Banner AND Hulk. I hope Hill sticks around as a supporting character.

#2 was a little underwhelming and not nearly as strong as #1.

I agree with E. We rehashed the first issue then we fought. It was still entertaining but no where near #1

I don't really know what to think of this book. #1 showed so much promise but through #3 it seems to have fizzled out.

I don't really know what to think of this book. #1 showed so much promise but through #3 it seems to have fizzled out.

I thought that 3 was better than 2. I like the hulk grenade idea and I'm curious about his lab techs.

Friday said:
I thought that 3 was better than 2. I like the hulk grenade idea and I'm curious about his lab techs.

Yeah, 3 was great and i'm interested in learning about the scientist.

And what bugged me about issue 2 was Stark being surprised that Banner didn't go to him for a job.

They weren't on the best of terms the last time they met after all.

Latest posts

Back