Indiana Jones 4

Oh, and the Holy Grail IS the Cup O Jesus.
Wrong. The Cup O Jesus is what kept the Sacred Jewels protected when The Son of God plays soccer with the disciples. This is very important for when he must stand before Judas as he makes a penalty kick.

IMDb said:
The Untouchables Oscar winner Sean Connery may reprise his role as Indiana Jones' father in the fourth installment of the film franchise - if he likes the script. After months spent refusing to comment about the new movie, which will bring Harrison Ford back as the intrepid archaeologist, Connery has told the Teletext news service he is considering playing Dr. Henry Jones again. The Scottish movie star created the part for Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade almost 20 years ago. He says, "At the moment there's nothing decided. I haven't got the script. Everything depends on the script."

So at least we know that if the script is as good as Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas say it is, we can pretty much count Connery in.
:)

So at least we know that if the script is as good as Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas say it is, we can pretty much count Connery in.
:)

Yes but Lucas said the changes to ROTJ were good. HOW IS THE GHOST OF A YOUNG ANAKIN WEARING ROBES HE NEVER WORE GOOD!!!!! SAME WITH HAVING JAR JAR AT THE END SO HE LIVES THROUGH ALL 6 FILMS!

sorry I like the special editions but those changes still piss me off.

Yes but Lucas said the changes to ROTJ were good. HOW IS THE GHOST OF A YOUNG ANAKIN WEARING ROBES HE NEVER WORE GOOD!!!!! SAME WITH HAVING JAR JAR AT THE END SO HE LIVES THROUGH ALL 6 FILMS!

sorry I like the special editions but those changes still piss me off.

Holy ****, Jar Jar was at the end? I'm glad I've never noticed that part.

Clint Eastwood is also rumoured to be in Indy IV.

Holy ****, Jar Jar was at the end? I'm glad I've never noticed that part.

Clint Eastwood is also rumoured to be in Indy IV.

yeah at the celebration it shows different planets and when it cuts to naboo you heard "We's a free" in the jar jar voice

Indy 4 is still gonna suck harder than......than........than something that really sucks.

Also Harrison Ford is a ****ty actor. Other than Solo and Indy from the original films.......he's Ben Affleck's future.

Indy 4 is still gonna suck harder than......than........than something that really sucks.

Also Harrison Ford is a ****ty actor. Other than Solo and Indy from the original films.......he's Ben Affleck's future.

What about "The Furtive" ?

but regardless I think we should all have faith in this film. It's done by original writers/director + has Harrison Ford as Indiana if that wasn't enough they have come to this version of the script after working on it for years.

Spielberg and Lucas working together for years perfecting one story/script has to be good.

What about "The Furtive" ?
?

SSJmole said:
but regardless I think we should all have faith in this film. It's done by original writers/director + has Harrison Ford as Indiana if that wasn't enough they have come to this version of the script after working on it for years.

Spielberg and Lucas working together for years perfecting one story/script has to be good.
It took Lucas years to 'perfect' the prequels. Look where it got him.

Also, I've never subscribed to the belief that the originators of a franchise are somehow the ones who will guarantee its greatness when it is resurrected later. Let's face it, Lucas, Spielberg and Ford, whether you hate them or like them, are different people than they were 17 years ago. That might make the film better. It might make the film worse. But it's NOT a guaranteed piece of excellence.

Also, I've never subscribed to the belief that the originators of a franchise are somehow the ones who will guarantee its greatness when it is resurrected later. Let's face it, Lucas, Spielberg and Ford, whether you hate them or like them, are different people than they were 17 years ago. That might make the film better. It might make the film worse. But it's NOT a guaranteed piece of excellence.

I honestly don't know how they'd screw it up. :?

But, if they somehow figure out a way to do it, I'm going to be really pissed. I've been waiting for this movie for at least 10 years, if not more.

I honestly don't know how they'd screw it up. :?

But, if they somehow figure out a way to do it, I'm going to be really pissed. I've been waiting for this movie for at least 10 years, if not more.
In my opinion, the miracle of film making is how things DON'T get screwed up.

This is why I found it ludicrous for people to think that King Kong was a foregone conclusion of greatness. I'm not saying that I was cynical about that film, but what I'm saying is that just because Peter Jackson had the fortunate combination of skill, luck and collaborators to make an awesome LOTR adaptation, it doesn't mean everything he touches turns to gold.

Similarly, just because all the collaborators that made the original three Indiana Jones pictures are there, doesn't mean its greatness is a foregone conclusion. Anything can happen. ANYTHING.

Similarly, just because all the collaborators that made the original three Indiana Jones pictures are there, doesn't mean its greatness is a foregone conclusion. Anything can happen. ANYTHING.

I don't quite follow.

King Kong wasn't Lord of the Rings. If Jackson went back and made, say, the Hobbit, I don't see how he could screw it up unless it was Jackson hadn't done anything for years and it didn't have McKellen as Gandalf.

The prequels of Star Wars are an exception. Despite the fact that I personally enjoyed them, the fact taht none of the main characters returned and that Lucas hadn't directed in 20 years were reasons why they sucked.

Indiana Jones still has Ford, supposedly has Connery and Rhys-Davies, and still has Spielberg directing, who never stopped directing. Plus, the fact that CG is being left out of the movie and Lucas having only minimal involvment once it goes into production. . .

I just. . .can't see them screwing it up. If they do, I will personally apologize to you, Ourchair, because I'll probably have lost all faith in cinema.

Last edited:
Shia LaBeouf is in final talks to play Indiana Jones' son.

That's... interesting. Shia's pretty funny, but I can't picture him being Indy's son. And what happened to his daughter?

Latest posts

Back