Indiana Jones 4

Personally,i dont think a new Indiana movie should be made.The previous films were great,and i think Ford is too old to be acting,or atleast playing Jones.

I disagree. Indiana Jones has to get old, too, right? So long as they do it right, I think it'll be a nice send off for the series.

Also, Cate Blanchett will be playing Indy's leading lady and Ray Winstone will be playing Indy's "sidekick". I'm assuming Winstone will fill the role the late Denholm Elliot left.

Shia LaBeouf apparently shot himself in the foot by spreading the rumor he was a possibility for Indy's son. He's never been approached, much less having a contract to sign. At this point, it doesn't look likely. Also, there's no news of Sean Connery other than Lucas saying "We're still trying [to get him]".

I thought Shia was just confirmed?:?

At any rate, the most burning question is this: Why haven't I heard anything about John Rhys-Davies? This movie won't be completely fufilling without Sallah.:(

I lied, obviously He was confirmed recently.

I'm very mixed about the idea. I don't see him fitting into Indy, but I've been surprised before. We'll see.

And I haven't heard anything about John. I, too, would be disheartend if he wasn't in it. But, who knows? Maybe the supporting cast is getting too big. We have Blanchett, Winstone, LaBeouf and possibly Connery. That's a lot of people to be following Indy around.

EDIT: Apparently, John hasn't even been approached. In fact, a thrid party informed John that Sallah had been written out of Indy 4 in favor of a younger cast.

Now, I'm VERY worried. :(

Last edited:
John Rhys-Davies is more awesome than Sean Connery and Harrison Ford combined.

Pfft. Younger cast, those stupid turds.

John Rhys-Davies is more awesome than Sean Connery and Harrison Ford combined.

Pfft. Younger cast, those stupid turds.

Well, I wouldn't say that. But, the movie just won't be complete without Sallah. Kind of like Temple of Doom didn't seem complete. . .

They're digging in the wrong place! *

I can't see the new Indy movie without Sallah, he's more important than Connery.

* This sentence has become a running joke with me and a friend of mine after we heard on the LotR DVD commentary that the four hobbit actors got John Rhys-Davies really annoyed when they said "They're digging in the wrong place!" whenever Rhys-Davies walked by.

Last edited:
They're digging in the wrong place!

I can't see the new Indy movie without Sallah, he's more important than Connery.
Well to be fair, I loved Connery in The Last Crusade. I felt his chemistry and comic timing was what made the series interesting, after that piece of crap that's called Temple of Doom.

Hell, my brother and I greet each other with that silly little nerdy greeting that Henry Jones, Sr. and Marcus Brody use in the tank scene: "Ge-nius of the Res-to-ration... aid our own re-sus-ci-ta-tion!"

I wish Connery would do more hilariously nerdy fuddy-duddies, but he won't.

Last edited:
ourchair said:
Hell, my brother and I greet each other with that silly little nerdy greeting that Henry Jones, Sr. and Marcus Brody use in the tank scene: "Ge-nius of the Res-to-ration... aid our own re-sus-ci-ta-tion!"

ourchair, thank you so much for telling me what Marcus said. I could never understand that part. I can enjoy that scene that much more now!

I wish Connery would do more hilariously nerdy fuddy-duddies, but he won't.

Well. . .unless he joins the cast of Indy 4. :D

Last edited:
Well. . .unless he joins the cast of Indy 4. :D
Connery is more often than not, too stupid to know a good project when he sees it. If only goose-stepping morons like him would try reading scripts instead of burning them.

We're talking about a guy who said he didn't accept parts offered to him in The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and X-Men because he couldn't understand the plot.

Lynx said:
ourchair, thank you so much for telling me what Marcus said. I could never understand that part. I can enjoy that scene that much more now!
I hate Indiana Jones fans, but I still think The Last Crusade is one of the best popcorn films EVER, and you don't even need to see the first two. I must have seen that film thousands of times now because it's one of the few films I can read out the lines before the characters say them. I also have a bizarrely vivid recall of the exact notes of the entire score too, and my brother and I can acapella the whole soundtrack together.

Last edited:
We're talking about a guy who said he didn't accept parts offered to him in The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and X-Men because he couldn't understand the plot.

How the hell do you turn down Matrix and X-men? Both were great films. Matrix been one of my favourite films of all times.

How the hell do you turn down Matrix and X-men?
By being dumb as a sack of bricks. Connery is so dumb he did Entrapment and Finding Forrester.

He's also so dumb he uses the same goddamn accent for every character he plays, regardless if it is a Norman-French monarch, a Soviet submarine captain or an Irish-American cop from Chicago.

Last edited:
I hate Indiana Jones fans, but I still think The Last Crusade is one of the best popcorn films EVER, and you don't even need to see the first two. I must have seen that film thousands of times now because it's one of the few films I can read out the lines before the characters say them. I also have a bizarrely vivid recall of the exact notes of the entire score too, and my brother and I can acapella the whole soundtrack together.

You know, I call myself an Indy fan, but I totally understand where you're coming from about hating them. I visit theraider.net fairly often and the amount of people on there that hate Last Crusade astounds me. They chastise its humor and call it a watered down remake of Raiders. It just annoys the hell out of me.

I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is the better film, but Last Crusade is one of the few movies I can watch over and over and never get bored of it. Hence why LC is my favorite Indy movie.

Oh, and screw Temple of Doom. :p

By being dumb as a sack of bricks. Connery is so dumb he did Entrapment and Finding Forrester.

He's also so dumb he uses the same goddamn accent for every character he plays, regardless if it is a Norman-French monarch, a Soviet submarine captain or an Irish-American cop from Chicago.

But he's still cool :lol:

Latest posts

Back