INFINITE CRISIS (series discussion) **Spoilers**

Ultimate Houde said:
I understood all that, but he's been trapped in a freaking bubble since the original crisis

I'd be bonnkers too

Well supposedly it was going to be a paradise. I think maybe this was his plan all along, help save the worlds then convince the most powerful suiperheo, golden age Superman, including Earth prime to take over.

im really excited about this..... don't think our shipment of comics will come in til between xmas and new years.......
is there much on ??????? sorry i don't know the name at the moment, but the place where wonder woman lives which was gettting attacked by the O.M.A.C's?

Shihad said:
im really excited about this..... don't think our shipment of comics will come in til between xmas and new years.......
is there much on ??????? sorry i don't know the name at the moment, but the place where wonder woman lives which was gettting attacked by the O.M.A.C's?

Themyscira/Paradise Island.

thee great one said:
Raven talks about that ever since Superman came back from the died that the door between the realms have been open. That allowed for Green Arrow, Hal Jordon, Jason Todd to all come back. She said that someone opened it and is keeping it opened and it's not The Specture or Brood. This is a interesting devolpment in the whole crisis. I can't wait to find out if the riff in space, this, 2 luthors, and everything else is all part of someone's master plan.

That's clever. Very Paradise X.

Last edited:
yo, i love how the anti-DC sentiment makes people underscore this issue.

hey, what about all the complaints that House of M didn't do enough in 8 issues? This one issue did more than nearly all of House of M combined!

Nothing original from DC? I wasn't aware a publisher ever tried to:

UN-streamline continuity

make heroes more old-timey, as compared to cooler, newer, and darker

plan a freaking event for 5 years

all the DC-haters need to shut the f up. this event is the best thing to happen in any comics universe (note i say comics universe, so don't throw singular runs on a title, like morrison's new x-men) at me, since Crisis on Infinite Earths. it's gonna be a damn mile-stone.

So the second Luthor was actually Alex Luthor.

I don't like how they made Earth-Prime Superboy evil. I guess this rules out my hopes that he'd replace Conner. =(

he can always replace him .... AND BE EVIL!

oooooooooweeeeeeeeooooooooo!

oh, baxter, you are my little gentleman.

i like conner as well. so i'm with you.

also: its funny, i didn't even realize the fact that there is the anti-montior skull as part of the tower. i did notice the r2d2 head though.

Do they explain who the anti monitor is?????
Cause i have no idea what it is.... cause i just jumped into DC this year?

Shihad said:
Do they explain who the anti monitor is?????
Cause i have no idea what it is....

He's the reason why Crisis On Infinite Earths took place. He's the one that wiped out most of the Multiverse saved the five Earths that eventually merged. Presumably, Alex and Superboy are using his body's energies to do this again, only with the main Earth since there is no Multiverse anymore.

Doc Comic said:

He's the reason why Crisis On Infinite Earths took place. He's the one that wiped out most of the Multiverse saved the five Earths that eventually merged. Presumably, Alex and Superboy are using his body's energies to do this again, only with the main Earth since there is no Multiverse anymore.

oh ok....... i think thats the part where i'm going to go what the hell????? unless they give a summary in the next issue

Doc Comic said:
So the second Luthor was actually Alex Luthor.

I don't like how they made Earth-Prime Superboy evil. I guess this rules out my hopes that he'd replace Conner. =(

Honestly there wasn't a chance he would stay sane, essentially locked out of time watching a boy who is essentially his double do everything he wants to be able to do, and building up anger inside of him without any real way to take it out.

Not to mention that everyone he ever loved died in an instant during the first crisis... I mean. That leaves deep scars.

Alex was closer to his age, so it makes sense for those two to connect.

NONE OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE EVIL!

They are all doing what they think is right, and as of now, Superboy Prime believes all of the crap Alex Luthor is feeding him, and it seems pretty clear that Alex is being controlled by The Anti-Monitor...

And frankly, Superboy Prime doesn't know how to be a hero any more than conner... less even. He got his powers late in the game, and was the ONLY hero of his earth... He's been locked up with Alex (who never even had the chance to grow up properly, and knows that the only reason he was saved was to be manipulated by the monitor), and two old people for years and years....

He wasn't that interesting pre-crisis, and he's more interesting now that it seems that Alex pushed him over the edge.

I'm pretty sure you just wanted him to be the pre-crisis superboy... as in the comic that took place in Kal-El's childhood... but that's not who Superboy Prime is...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm pretty sure you just wanted him to be the pre-crisis superboy... as in the comic that took place in Kal-El's childhood... but that's not who Superboy Prime is...
Because he's essentially a teenage Clark Kent. Same genetics, morals, everything. That's why I wanted him instead of this piece of crap ***** half-clone.

Doc Comic said:
Same genetics, morals, everything.

You just summed up why making Conner not completely superman is infinitely better than just another Clark Kent.

BEING CLARK KENT DOES NOT MAKE YOU GOOD!

Ultraman is Clark Kent too, mind you.

Being raised to accept your abilities and use them for good in the world makes you good, and Superboy Prime didn't even know he had powers until he was a teenager... He wasn't conditioned to become the same Superman, he just tried to Imitate the Superman he met when they did the world hopping back in the early eighties! They weren't his own morals or values, they were what he thought his morals and values SHOULD be....

And he's still a teenager, he has been for twenty years... He's been as emotionally insecure as any teen (including either of the real Clarks) would have been, and just has never aged, Making him completely vulnerable to Alex's influence.

Conner isn't Clark either, and what he needs to realize is that just because he's got a bit of Superman in him doesn't make him Superman. He needs to become a hero in his own right.

Ironically, his being a cloned combination of both "good" and "evil" makes him more human, and (in my opinion) more interesting.

What I want to know is what's up with the Mini-Solaris that Alex Luthor's got floating around him...

Dr.Strangefate said:
You just summed up why making Conner not completely superman is infinitely better than just another Clark Kent.

BEING CLARK KENT DOES NOT MAKE YOU GOOD!

Ultraman is Clark Kent too, mind you.

Being raised to accept your abilities and use them for good in the world makes you good, and Superboy Prime didn't even know he had powers until he was a teenager... He wasn't conditioned to become the same Superman, he just tried to Imitate the Superman he met when they did the world hopping back in the early eighties! They weren't his own morals or values, they were what he thought his morals and values SHOULD be....

And he's still a teenager, he has been for twenty years... He's been as emotionally insecure as any teen (including either of the real Clarks) would have been, and just has never aged, Making him completely vulnerable to Alex's influence.

Conner isn't Clark either, and what he needs to realize is that just because he's got a bit of Superman in him doesn't make him Superman. He needs to become a hero in his own right.

Ironically, his being a cloned combination of both "good" and "evil" makes him more human, and (in my opinion) more interesting.

What I want to know is what's up with the Mini-Solaris that Alex Luthor's got floating around him...

Love this post! Go Strangefate!

The thing about Conner is that he thinks that just because he has some Kryptonian genetics in him, he's automatically an heir to the Superman throne. It seems like he just came out of the clone tube and said "Okay, I'll fight crime." They never actually explored his motives. I honestly think that the only reason he does it is because he's told to and because his main "father" does.

I don't consider him a teenager. Physically he is, sure, but he's actually only a year old (or two now, depending on the writer). That's what gets me. He has no right to wear that S-Shield.

He has no reason to be all emo like he is now, too. YOU'RE THE HALF-CLONE OF SUPERMAN, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. That's like winning the genetic lottery! Boohoo, so you have some Luthor in you. That doesn't make you Lex. Now you get off your lazy ***, stop being a ****ing emo ***, and you go find that ****ing Luthor and kick his ***!

Last edited:
A opposed to saying, "Hey! My name is Clark Kent! That means I'm superman just like the other superman I met ten minutes ago!"

Dr.Strangefate said:
A opposed to saying, "Hey! My name is Clark Kent! That means I'm superman just like the other superman I met ten minutes ago!"
It's better than a lame emo Anakin Skywalker-esque clone who just does it because he's told to.

Latest posts

Back