INFINITE CRISIS (series discussion) **Spoilers**

I almost gaurentee that he'll say no...

The price is too great, and then what would happen to all the people he cares for today? Especially Tim Drake.

EDIT: Just had a thought...

What happens when Kal-L realizes that his Lois is dying because there are two lois's trying to occupy one space, and it's killing her...

Would he kill Kal-El's lois? and what would that drive Kal-El to do...

Last edited:
Bass said:
While I'm still not for this story at all, one thing did intrigue me enough that I am considering taking a look at this issue - the idea that Crisis on Infinite Earths saved the wrong Earth is very clever.

Agreed.

Wow. Wooooooooow. This gets more ginormous with every issue. i honestly thought to myself, over the last few months, "how could they possibly make this as important as CoIE?"

This would do it.

I think superman 2 will fail, but not entirely, I think some heroes will be replaced by their Earth 2 counterparts, with perhaps an inkling of earth 1 memory.

The family that i'm most intrigued about is Batman's.. because!

A.) Batman is dead on Earth 2. Murdered.

B.) Nightwing is a completely different character.

C.) What would happen to Jason Todd and Tim Drake?

Jason Todd is back? I thought that was unconfirmed. He should have stayed dead.

Okay, now this story has managed to go NOWHERE?

What is the thing in space?

Oh, we don't know, it's just eating the universe.

Why is Lex collecting people from different Earths?

For a machine, that's all we know

What the **** is the deal with the OMACs?

To kill off the AMAZONS! That is great, egotisitcal *****es deserve to die. DIE!

DIE!

And when did Earth 2 Superman become evil?

And after years of not knowing who, or what, she was, does Power Girl all of a sudden realize she's from Earth 2?

Superman 2: Yo, your my girl. Nice titties.

Power Girl: I don't know you

Lois 2: Touch me

Power Girl: OH MY GOD! I REMEMBER EVERYTHING AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF SEARCHING! IN TWO PAGES I LEARN MY WHOLE BACKSTORY!

Superman 2: NOw, let's go kill everyone on this planet to remake our own.

Power Girl: Okay!

What if Superman revived Jason Todd to help compell Batman to join reminding at the horror of the world.

I don't think Earth 2 Superman is evil, I've always seen this Superman trying to control the world type of story. Old concept, but what is so bad that he is forcing himself to do it?

Ultimate Houde said:
He's the second character this year whose death was considered one of the most lasting and meaningful in mainstream comics, only to have it reversed for the benefit of 'reinvention'.

I won't mention who the other character is, because it's a completely different title, and some people might not be aware of it yet.

If you're willing to take a chance, highlight the spoiler text below:
It's Bucky a.k.a. The Winter Soldier, in Ed Brubaker's Captain America. That makes two long-dead young sidekicks seemingly returning from storyline limbo, within 12 months of each other.

We have a difficult enough time taking death seriously in mainstream superhero comics, but now they had to go an retcon two of the most sacrosanct, 'meaningful' comic book deaths ever.

Next thing you know, we'll have 1-800-KILL-RED-HOOD to decide his fate.

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:

To kill off the AMAZONS! That is great, egotisitcal *****es deserve to die. DIE!

DIE!

And after years of not knowing who, or what, she was, does Power Girl all of a sudden realize she's from Earth 2?

Superman 2: Yo, your my girl. Nice titties.

Power Girl: I don't know you

Lois 2: Touch me

Power Girl: OH MY GOD! I REMEMBER EVERYTHING AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF SEARCHING! IN TWO PAGES I LEARN MY WHOLE BACKSTORY!

Superman 2: NOw, let's go kill everyone on this planet to remake our own.

Power Girl: Okay!

I love you Houde. That is so spot on.

compound said:

Actually, I've read an interview somewhere where Ed stated that the Winter Soldier only thinks he's that guy.

I forget where I read that though.

Bass said:
I love you Houde. That is so spot on.

I love you too Bass.

We can we meet?

compound said:

Whew - glad I dropped that book.

UltimateE said:
Whew - glad I dropped that book.
I guess that's what happens when a writer who has a reputation for penning smart, realistic detective stories and humanistic secret-agent tales is allowed to do a maxi-arc built around the Cosmic Cube. But as House pointed out, it may have been explained away as a nutjob who believes he's Bucky, by the end of the arc -- I'm buying it in TPB format, so I wouldn't know.

I have no doubt it will be an intersting arc, Bucky notwithstanding, and I don't plan to drop the series.

*ahem* Now getting back on topic...

Last edited:
I liked this issue. Power Girl finally knows who she is, the world is essentially ending, and the survivors say that the wrong world was saved. This makes me think about what will be the outcome of this. More happy Silver-Age stories or what?

Doc Comic said:
I liked this issue. Power Girl finally knows who she is, the world is essentially ending, and the survivors say that the wrong world was saved. This makes me think about what will be the outcome of this. More happy Silver-Age stories or what?

Pfft.

Not if DC wants to keep selling comics.

This means Superman (OUR Superman, not Kal-L) is going to become the noble, steadfast hero he always should be. This means that there will be stronger remnants of hope with the memory of despair...

It's all about giving the characters perspective.

Dr.Strangefate said:
This means Superman (OUR Superman, not Kal-L) is going to become the noble, steadfast hero he always should be.
I hope so. Hopefully it will also mean that he won't be as weak as he's been in the last few years. Superman's been getting whooped constantly for about the last three or four years now.

Ultimate Houde said:

Don't knock it until you've read it. The arcs with the Red Hood are some of the best things I've seen with a Batman comic in years.

And I was VERY against the concept of Jason returning, but he's quickly become the most interesting character (because I really don't think he's a villain any more than a vigilante like The Question is...) in the series.

Please tell me you're kidding!! The evil genius earth-2 lex luthor is about to brainwipe Black Adam! The combo lex is proving that two of the same person can't function properly on the same earth, which is why Lois is dying, and a motive to possibly push Kal-L to kill! Superman (Kal-El) has acknowledged that he no longer has an impact or a purpose anymore! Booster Gold has come back from the future as a Wanted Criminal, and has the Historical records that directly relate to the Crisis, so he knows exactly what's going to happen! OMACs are ripping apart Paradise Island, killing almost Everyone! And the Joker just got REALLY REALLY pissed off!!!

How did nothing happen???

Gee, That made me mad too.

I Hate when in a seven part story they don't reveal every minute detail about what everything is all at once.

But seriously... Something tells me they're going to get to it... I mean, Yeah.

For a machine that they mention ON THE PAGE wipes the minds of whoever sits in it. As in, a counter to the JLA's mindwipes.

And what are you talking about Other Earths?? The Marvels ALL live on the same Earth. There -aren't- other Earths anymore.

Even if you didn't read crisis, didn't you read the issue??

To kill off the AMAZONS! That is great, egotisitcal *****es deserve to die.

Brother Eye imprinted the personality (and the insanity) of Max Lord, and now it's just gotten really really pissed off.

Imagine if you killed a really *****y girl's boyfriend. Then imagine if that *****y girl was actually an omnipotent, omnipresent computer that could turn anyone into a killer robot to destroy you.

How exactly Brother Eye began to have feelings is one of the bigger mysteries

He is NOT evil!!!!

Not even a little!!! He's been pushed beyond the brink by this confusing new world having been purposely told over and over again by Alexander Luthor how Bad everything has gotten. Never the good, always the bad.

Can you really blame him for wanting his world back, a world where Truth, Justice, and the American Way always won? Is that world realistic in contemporary society? No. But you can see where he's coming from.

He doesn't want ANYONE dead, he wants to reset things so they fall to be more of an integration of Earth 2.

He thinks he's doing the right thing, and Kal-L trusts his judgments absolutely. That's the biggest diff between him and Kal-El... Kal-El thinks about what the repurcussions will be, Kal-L does not.

What happens then, when Kal-L is wrong?

Doc Comic said:
I hope so. Hopefully it will also mean that he won't be as weak as he's been in the last few years. Superman's been getting whooped constantly for about the last three or four years now.

I agree.

I want a superman who is really a hero everyone can look up to and admire.

They've done that well in JLU and JL on Cartoon Network. He really is the central force of the team.

I liked the issue. I'm still confused on the Luthor thing. Which Luthor was the one that activated Superboy and the one Superman & Batman took down in thier title?

The Joker part was the best part easily.

I liked the villains finally talking about the OMACS. I hope to see a huge showdown.

You know there is going to be a all out brawl between the Supermens

The cover for three is so freakin cool.

Last edited:
It's so true, too. I'm really enjoying Red Hood simply because it's the ultimate revenge story. When Jason Todd died, nobody really cared. If they did, it was just for a week, or even less. So he's back and he sees that there's no memorial or anything for him, and he says "I'm going to kick the **** out of everybody who didn't care" and so far, he's been successful. I love it.

compound said:
He's the second character this year whose death was considered one of the most lasting and meaningful in mainstream comics, only to have it reversed for the benefit of 'reinvention'.

I won't mention who the other character is, because it's a completely different title, and some people might not be aware of it yet.

It's Bucky a.k.a. The Winter Soldier, in Ed Brubaker's Captain America. That makes two long-dead young sidekicks seemingly returning from storyline limbo, within 12 months of each other.

We have a difficult enough time taking death seriously in mainstream superhero comics, but now they had to go an retcon two of the most sacrosanct, 'meaningful' comic book deaths ever.

Re your spoiler, I'm not entirely convinced that person is back. I've got a theory about the whole thing, and that includes our perceptions of the last panel of the first issue.

Back on topic: Issue 2 of IC was terrific. I hated Identity Crisis, I couldn't get into any of the IC lead-ins (Uncle Sam? WTF?), don't particularly like the characters, and Issue 1 was confusing. Then I re-read IC #1 by only following the yellow word boxes, which turned out to be the narrative observations of the original Superman, and that sucked me in.

Now IC #2 has a fantastic streamlined story with good background. Then the climatic We saved the wrong earth? That is so cool. I want to root for this old Superman guy, the original, but I fear the Trinity is going to get it together and decide that they can fix things and old Superman is delusionally trying to bring back the good old days. That would be a cop out.

But---and, as Frank Cho will happily draw, that's a big but -- if they really do invent a whole new earth that incorporates this granite-like idealism and toughness of the old Superman, fix the repulsive Batman. that would take some serious balls. You'd need to create a whole new Supes out of the various parts.

Geez, with this issue, after all that run-up nonsense, IC fires a buzzer-beater winner over the entire HOM saga with only two issues.

I also think that Wonder Woman, of all people, should have a license to kill.
I don't know why, but somebody has to.

Last edited:
I said Lex was collecting people from different Earths because of who he was collecting, A frredom fighter, he wanted Power Girl, he wanted a member of the Marvel family.

These were all people, initally, from different Earths.

At least that's what I got from the recap they had halfway through, and no, I did not read the original Crisis.

I don't follow DC

I'm buying these for a friend whose stationed in Iraq right now, and asked me to buy them for him.

Latest posts

Back