Introducing TPBWiki

Tried to upload the actual cover to OMiT (not just art as it was before) and got this message:

I think I fixed it. I was able to upload that image, anyway. It's still processing the rights changes on all of the subdirectories so if you try it right now it might not work - give it a few minutes.

Having directory permissions change randomly is a little worrisome to say the least.

so i tried uploading the paperback cover image for Spidey: the gauntlet - juggernaut and now it won't let me see the page...

I can view any other page, but not that one.

so i tried uploading the paperback cover image for Spidey: the gauntlet - juggernaut and now it won't let me see the page...

I can view any other page, but not that one.

I can't either. Weird. I'll look into it.

i'm not sure why i keep screwing the site up...

I thought for sure something went wrong again, but I was able to get in and create new pages, upload new files, and replace old files. It's localized to that file, and I can't get in anywhere to roll back the page/file to fix it.

any luck on the gauntlet juggernaut page?

also:
I reorganized some stuff on the Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers category pages. Spider-Man and the X-Men had pages for the character/team and then listed all the different titles that featured them, but the Avengers didn't. I changed that. The Category:Avengers page is now a main hub for the Avengers, and lists all the other Avengers related titles. The Avengers series page is now under Category:Avengers (Series).

I also filled those team/character pages, instead of just letting the page list the subcategories, I listed them. I also included a picture on each page. I think this format makes more sense and looks more attractive.

I don't know if there is a way to "hide" the Subcategories and Pages in Category lists at the bottom of each category page. I've always thought those lists cluttered the page and looked dumb.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

any luck on the gauntlet juggernaut page?

also:
I reorganized some stuff on the Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers category pages. Spider-Man and the X-Men had pages for the character/team and then listed all the different titles that featured them, but the Avengers didn't. I changed that. The Category:Avengers page is now a main hub for the Avengers, and lists all the other Avengers related titles. The Avengers series page is now under Category:Avengers (Series).

I also filled those team/character pages, instead of just letting the page list the subcategories, I listed them. I also included a picture on each page. I think this format makes more sense and looks more attractive.

I don't know if there is a way to "hide" the Subcategories and Pages in Category lists at the bottom of each category page. I've always thought those lists cluttered the page and looked dumb.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

I saw some of it and it looks good. The "hub" idea seems more like how it should function.

I don't know if you can hide those but I like that they are there - you have a chronological listing above and an alphabetical one below. I don't know that I'd remove it if I could.

No luck on that bad image file - I don't know how to fix it!

I saw some of it and it looks good. The "hub" idea seems more like how it should function.
cool.

I don't know if you can hide those but I like that they are there - you have a chronological listing above and an alphabetical one below. I don't know that I'd remove it if I could.
fair enough.

No luck on that bad image file - I don't know how to fix it!
hmmm, is there a way to trash that page and start over?

hmmm, is there a way to trash that page and start over?

I might be able to find the file on the server and delete it but no guarantees the software will pick up on that since it seems to be a problem in the database.

i found the file list. The problem seems to be that the .jpg file i uploaded is too big. (529 KB) I don't know if you can delete it or not from that page, i can't figure out how to do it. (It's 14th from the top, unless someone else uploads new files between when i write this and when you read it).

In the mean time, I think i'll just make a new page and use "volume 4" instead of "book 4"

EDIT: done, and the new file is spideygauntletbook4 tpb.jpg
as opposed to spideygauntletbook4tpb.jpg (no space)

Last edited:
i found the file list. The problem seems to be that the .jpg file i uploaded is too big. (529 KB) I don't know if you can delete it or not from that page, i can't figure out how to do it. (It's 14th from the top, unless someone else uploads new files between when i write this and when you read it).

In the mean time, I think i'll just make a new page and use "volume 4" instead of "book 4"

EDIT: done, and the new file is spideygauntletbook4 tpb.jpg
as opposed to spideygauntletbook4tpb.jpg (no space)

Awesome - thanks. I was able to find and delete the file on the server and it seems to have updated the database. We should use the old file ("book" instead of "volume").

I don't think it was the file size - much larger files are allowed than 500kb. The limit is 8MB I believe. There might have been something wrong with the file or something about it that was not compatible - maybe it was CMYK format instead of RGB or something like that.

okay, cool

i was also thinking (i'm having so many good ideas lately) that it would be cool to have a little sidebar info box on each book page that tells what comes before and after chronologically. For example, on the Gauntlet -Juggernaut page it would say something like

Previous volume: Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Book 3: Vulture and Morbius
Following Volume: Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Book 5: Lizard

(with each one being a link)

so that way you can just go from volume to volume in a series without having to go back to the main page in between,

I played around with making a template that did that (I called it Template: Chronology) but i couldn't make it work.

anyway, that's all.

okay, cool

i was also thinking (i'm having so many good ideas lately) that it would be cool to have a little sidebar info box on each book page that tells what comes before and after chronologically. For example, on the Gauntlet -Juggernaut page it would say something like

Previous volume: Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Book 3: Vulture and Morbius
Following Volume: Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Book 5: Lizard

(with each one being a link)

so that way you can just go from volume to volume in a series without having to go back to the main page in between,

I played around with making a template that did that (I called it Template: Chronology) but i couldn't make it work.

anyway, that's all.

That's a good idea. I'll take a look at the template and see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

there isn't much to what i did. I really had no idea how to do it and just tried something and it didn't work at all.

It might just be a matter of how you were invoking the template. I'll look into it when I get a chance - hopefully tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back