Introducing TPBWiki

I pulled a backup on this and will be putting it on a different server. I'm assuming here that the backup is good and the database is not corrupted, and the problems are due to the file ownership changes on the server. Hopefully once that is done I will be able to upgrade and reinstall on this server and it will be OK. It's going to take a little time and I've got a few other things going on, but I'm working on it.

No...I just haven't had time to figure out what exactly was wrong. I actually took an entire backup and recreated the site in an attempt to figure it out but didn't get anywhere.

I've got a few other irons in the fire but I'll get to it...

okay. Good to hear. I've spent the last year upset that this hasn't taken off with hundreds of users adding to it. I don't think i could handle it if the site went down permanently.

okay. Good to hear. I've spent the last year upset that this hasn't taken off with hundreds of users adding to it. I don't think i could handle it if the site went down permanently.

I like having it and firmly believe it will pick up because it is valuable for reading order lists. I just need to promote it better.

Glory be - it's working again. What an ordeal that was.

Cap - could you look and see if your more recent changes are still there (if you remember them)? It's been down too long for the recent changes link to show anything.

yay!
i'll take a look, but i don't really remember what i did "recently".

I tested it out and everything seems to be working - edits, new pages, uploads, etc. The only problem I ran into was with a link on the home page that referenced a "short URL" version of a page. Shortened URLs don't seem to be working. But the number of links that reference short URLs should be minimal. The bigger problem with this is that if someone bookmarks a page using a shortened URL it won't work. Not sure if that is the case and I'm being careful about trying to fix it for now because once the database was restored the short URL issue was causing problems with the site loading.

My New Year's resolution is to do more with this and try to get more people involved and using it.

I wish this would catch on. It is so confusing trying to read a complete run of something and not knowing what issues are in what tpb, so you have to look everywhere across the internet. If this was really comprehensive I think I would use it all the time.

I have a suggestion. This is how the batman books are currently listed:

The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told (collects Batman #1, 25, 47, 61, 156, 234, 250, 312, Detective Comics #31, 32, 211, 235, 345, 404, 429, 437, 442, 457, 474, 482, 500, World's Finest Comics #94, The Brave and the Bold #197, Star Spangled Comics #124, DC Special Series #15)

I think it may be easier to read and scroll through if they were listed like this:

The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told
Batman #1, 25, 47, 61, 156, 234, 250, 312
Detective Comics #31, 32, 211, 235, 345, 404, 429, 437, 442, 457, 474, 482, 500
World's Finest Comics #94
The Brave and the Bold #197
Star Spangled Comics #124
DC Special Series #15

(but with a TABS worth of space every line under the title of the TPB)

Last edited:
I wish this would catch on. It is so confusing trying to read a complete run of something and not knowing what issues are in what tpb, so you have to look everywhere across the internet. If this was really comprehensive I think I would use it all the time.

Yeah. I've referenced it myself numerous times.

The only way it becomes comprehensive is if people help work on it. We're off to a really good start on it - there's a lot of work to do but it's not hard and if it's split up amongst a lot of people it's faster and easier.

I have a suggestion. This is how the batman books are currently listed:

The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told (collects Batman #1, 25, 47, 61, 156, 234, 250, 312, Detective Comics #31, 32, 211, 235, 345, 404, 429, 437, 442, 457, 474, 482, 500, World's Finest Comics #94, The Brave and the Bold #197, Star Spangled Comics #124, DC Special Series #15)

I think it may be easier to read and scroll through if they were listed like this:

The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told
Batman #1, 25, 47, 61, 156, 234, 250, 312
Detective Comics #31, 32, 211, 235, 345, 404, 429, 437, 442, 457, 474, 482, 500
World's Finest Comics #94
The Brave and the Bold #197
Star Spangled Comics #124
DC Special Series #15

(but with a TABS worth of space every line under the title of the TPB)

Maybe, but tabs aren't possible in HTML. We've started bolding books which apply to the current listed category, which does help.

A spammer got in and changed all of the links in the Ultimate Spider-Man category to outside links - a spam site.

I switched them back, but still. Sucks.

Latest posts

Back