Introducing TPBWiki

someone named PurpleMLT has been editing and adding articles!

We're up to three!

EDIT: also, I've noticed on several pages that there are external links to tpbwiki pages

(i'm not sure if that made sense...)

what i'm trying to say, is if you want to link to a category page within tpbwiki, you don't need to make an external link that just comes back to the site. You can make an internal link

so, if you're in the Category:Alias page and you want to link to the Cagegory:pulse page, you can do the following

==See Also==
* [[:Category:pulse|The Pulse]]

which will display as

See Also____________________________________________

• The Pulse

and link to the page Category:pulse

Awesome - I haven't checked in in a couple days so I didn't see him. I have some stuff to add.

You're right on the links. The links you saw are probably old, made before I figured out that you could do it that way.

I need to get back into this. I did a bunch of updates over the course of a couple weeks a couple weeks ago but haven't been able to get back into it yet.

ETA: I just checked in to see hat he did, and he's got the system down. That's encouraging!

as in he understands what he's doing, or he crashed something?

Heh - didn't realize that could be read both ways. :lol:

He knows what he's doing. The entries I saw were perfectly done.

I just did a bunch of work on this today. No new pages, but a bunch of new category pages and updates on old category pages.

I added:
New Warriors
The Champions
The Order
Deadpool
Cable & Deadpool

and added a bunch to the New Mutants, Cable, etc.

I just did a bunch of work on this today. No new pages, but a bunch of new category pages and updates on old category pages.

I added:
New Warriors
The Champions
The Order
Deadpool
Cable & Deadpool

and added a bunch to the New Mutants, Cable, etc.

I like what you're doing with updating the category pages before worrying about updating individual book pages. Doing that will help get things down faster.

I just wish DC would publish the list of included issues in solits for their books because not doing so makes listing them a pain.

I like what you're doing with updating the category pages before worrying about updating individual book pages. Doing that will help get things down faster.

I just wish DC would publish the list of included issues in solits for their books because not doing so makes listing them a pain.

thanks.

and yeah, i did some category pages for some DC characters a while back and I just didn't bother to list the issues included for most of them. Sometimes you can find it on wikipedia though.

Superman category page filled in. (That was a big one)
Working on Batman. (also huge)

I'm wondering if we need separate categories for Action Comics and Detective Comics since they rarely are in their own trades. They are usually mixed in with Superman and Batman comics respectively.

Superman category page filled in. (That was a big one)
Working on Batman. (also huge)

I'm wondering if we need separate categories for Action Comics and Detective Comics since they rarely are in their own trades. They are usually mixed in with Superman and Batman comics respectively.

I think so. If anything it would be useful to chronicle the order the issues are collected in, even if they largely mirror other books.

Okay, it should be too much work for someone else to do once everything has been collected on the main Superman and Batman pages.

ummm, so i tried uploading a cover image for Essential classic X-Men Vol 2, 2010 printing, but i think the file was too big or something b/c it uploaded but the page for Essential Classic X-Men vol 2 would load as blank after i uploaded the image. So i went back in my history and made a new file name for an image and uploaded a new image. So the page works, but somewhere on the site there's an image file named File:Essentialclassicxmen2-2.jpg that if it's ever used will screw up whatever page links to it.

Just FYI.

ummm, so i tried uploading a cover image for Essential classic X-Men Vol 2, 2010 printing, but i think the file was too big or something b/c it uploaded but the page for Essential Classic X-Men vol 2 would load as blank after i uploaded the image. So i went back in my history and made a new file name for an image and uploaded a new image. So the page works, but somewhere on the site there's an image file named File:Essentialclassicxmen2-2.jpg that if it's ever used will screw up whatever page links to it.

Just FYI.

OK, thanks. I'll see if I can track that down.

any word?

I didn't have a chance to look into it yesterday and didn't see anything when I did. I had a problem on the server affecting some other sites and the fix might have borked TPBWiki, so I'll put in a trouble ticket and see if they can fix it.

Latest posts

Back