IRON MAN 3 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Iron Man 3?

• Total voters
+1

Peter Sellers was one of the best actors of his day. Period, end of sentence. Murder by Death is one of my all time favorite movies.

[video=youtube;2A0RmUTj91M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0RmUTj91M[/video]

I like the idea of making it a "Demon in a Bottle" story. Maybe they combine that with Armor Wars, in order to raise the stakes a little and explore the arms race themes that have been building through the films.

As for the talk about the Mandarin: I really don't know much about him, and if he does turn out to be the main villain, he'll probably be fine, but I'm not entirely sure a choice of villain matters much. The last film had Whiplash as the main antagonist. Sure, he borrowed several elements from Crimson Dynamo, but they made him a credible threat. If they can do that, I do not think that they need to add Iron Man's archenemy when they can use any of Iron Man's other foes. And besides, if they did use him, the Mandarin would have to get an overhaul, in order to avoid the racial implications and the alien rings weirdness. (Though they could probably tie the latter into the Guardians of the Galaxy film, but I digress.)

There is one tragedy to this, however: since this is apparently going to be a more introspective film, it is very, very unlikely that we will be seeing FIN FANG FOOM!

Okay, but what villains in particular are left that would be suitable to carry a whole movie?

Hmmmm, let's see, I think they should avoid doing yet another armored villain, so that would leave out Titanium Man. Mandarin is out already and they have already used Obadiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

Madam Masque is kinda of interesting, because she's Tony "femme Fatale" villain, having been Tony's lover in the past, but she is not much of a physical threat, you would have to pair her with another villain so Tony would have someone to threat. Guys like Living Laser or Blizzard provide physical threats while being different from previous villains. The Ghost is an interesting villain, but again, not much of a physical threat. I kinda like the Controller, technically an armored guy, though his gimmick is more mind control then anything else and he has been portrayed as a creepy and sinister villain in the past, using his mind control tech to control random person to murder a woman who wouldn't go out with him in high school and then leaving him to get arrested by the police.

Last edited:
Maybe they could invent their own villain for this. Doesn't have to be an established one.

Maybe they could invent their own villain for this. Doesn't have to be an established one.

Except most villains created just for the movies suck and come off as inferior versions of existing characters. I don't think Ross Weber, Nuclear Man or the character Sharon Stone played in Catwoman are remembered as some of the greatest villains in cinema. My personal preference is to use existing villains from a hero's rogues gallery, even if that character has to tweaked to work.

The big question is, if they created a new villain just for the movies, how would this character be unique and original and how would this villain have better dynamic with Iron Man then an existing villain?

I think Iron Man should have a new sidekick played by Val Kilmer called Gay Perry.

I'm excited about the possibilities too, especially given the cast and change in director.

I just hope Avengers continuity doesn't trample all over it.

Iron Man 2 also had interference from Marvel, unlike Iron Man 1 where Fav had "more room" to do it how he envisioned it.

Latest posts

Back