IRON MAN 3 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Iron Man 3?

• Total voters
Question for those more familiar with the character: Is that Tony Stark in new armor or a different character altogether?

ProjectX2 said:
It was Norman Osborn.

From Dark Avengers. After Secret Invasion Norman Osboorn was put in charge of SHIELD, turned it into HAMMER, and put together his own Avengers team made up of "dark" versions of the real Avengers. He got ahold of an old Iron Man suit, painted it, and put it on.

Are we sure it's not Detroit Steel? (Or at least a mashup of Detroit Steel and Iron Patriot). That might fit in with the theme of the movie better...

Detroit Steel is a ridiculously patriotic armor suit made by hammer industries and worn by Lt Doug Johnson (as well as Sasha Hammer - who is Justin Hammer's grand daughter on her mom's side. Her dad? The Mandarin). The actor who is wearing the armor is James Badge Dale, who is playing Lt Eric Savin (Coldblood) in the movie. So it seems that they're doing a mashup of at least Coldblood and whichever armor it is, if not all three.

Also, Latino Review is now saying that they have confirmation that Ben Kingsley IS playing the Manderin after all...

Latino Review said:
Here's what we can CONFIRM as true (and not from some guy working security on an off-lot shoot): The Mandarin (as played by Ben Kingsley) is a villain in the 'Iron Man 3,' but he's more a veiled threat as a silent partner to Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian. Killian is the man inventing Extremis and putting it into his "Extremis army" of multiple super-powered individuals.

Last edited:
First official photo:
2384048-im3.jpg

From left to right: Mark I (built in the cave), Mark II (didn't it get turned into War Machine?), Mark III (destroyed in the fight with Obadiah Stane), Mark IV (beginning of Iron Man 2), Suitcase Armor (Mark V?), Mark V (Maybe VI - after he invents paladium), Mark VI/VII (Avengers)

First official photo:
2384048-im3.jpg

From left to right: Mark I (built in the cave), Mark II (didn't it get turned into War Machine?), Mark III (destroyed in the fight with Obadiah Stane), Mark IV (beginning of Iron Man 2), Suitcase Armor (Mark V?), Mark V (Maybe VI - after he invents paladium), Mark VI/VII (Avengers)

He made another Mark II for a collectionist reason? I thought it was weird that it ws there but at the same time it's cool to see all his armors together.

Drunken Pickle said:
He made another Mark II for a collectionist reason? I thought it was weird that it ws there but at the same time it's cool to see all his armors together.

Well, I guess he would have had to do the same for Mark I, Mark III, suitcase armor, and triangle chest armor too.

Captain Canuck said:
Well, I guess he would have had to do the same for Mark I, Mark III, suitcase armor, and triangle chest armor too.

Not surprising, considering in IM2 the Mark I had the tag: "Reconstruction."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39408

So according to this (scroll down a bit for the IM3 news), the post credits scene in IM3 may introduce us to MCU's Ant-Man, which if true (and it's likely given some recent statements by Edgar Wright) means Ant-Man will likely get that long awaited movie as part of the MCU Phase 2 films. Maybe in 2015?

I'm excited as hell for that.

Well considering it's Edgar Wright, I'm sure he'll put his Britsh humor twist on the series and vamp it up. I would even say it could be more stylish in tone with quick, add-like cutscenes.

E said:
Really? Are you a huge Ant Man fan? It's OK but doesn't sound that exciting, at least at this point.

Not a fan of Ant Man, per se, however I've looked forward to the Ant Man film for awhile mainly because I'm interested in the approach they'll take (comedic action/tongue in cheek) and enjoy Edgar Wrights films.

So yes, I'm excited to see how they'll pull off the Ant Man film, and if this is true the IM3 post credits scene may give us the first taste of how an Ant Man movie will turn out.

They've also just recently confirmed the Guardians of the Galaxy film and while I've never read a single GotG comic, I'm looking forward to that as well mainly to see how it'll be approached.

DIrishB said:
They've also just recently confirmed the Guardians of the Galaxy film and while I've never read a single GotG comic, I'm looking forward to that as well mainly to see how it'll be approached.

Check out the two Annihilation series.

Apparently the Comic Con footage confirms that Ben Kingsley is
The Mandarin
, and that they actually refer to him as that in the film.

Latest posts

Back