Avengers Iron Man by Gillen/Land (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
Kind of dug this, even though I don't care for Greg Land's posed tracings (particularly his surprised women).

The one thing I noticed about this is that Tony behaves more like the cocky millionaire that Robert Downey Jr. portrays in the movies. I like that take a lot better than how Matt Fraction wrote him. He always seemed...wimpy under Matt Fraction (even though I liked his run as a whole).

Not crazy about the new suit colors (is that yellow and black?) but it's not a deal breaker.

Iron Man: Secret Origin (Gillen/Eaglesham) May 2013

SecretOrigin.jpg

Captain Canuck said:
Here we go with the nano-monkeys again...

So stupid. Not to go off topic but Card's Ult IM minis were just dumb. The nano-monkeys were stupid enough, but the brain throughout his whole body was kind of dumb from a logistical standpoint, considering he temporarily had his legs burned off in the first mini. If his brains ran throughout his body, how'd he avoid losing part of his memory, or motor function, or sight, or intelligence, or bowel control, or any of a number of things that particular part of brain that was lost in that instance controlled?

It's like it was an idea come up with by a naive 10 year old.

Sorry, back on topic.

Iron Man: Secret Origin (Gillen/Eaglesham) May 2013

It would have been funny if the part of his brain that controlled his healing factor was in his legs...

Re: Iron Man: Secret Origin (Gillen/Eaglesham) May 2013

So stupid. Not to go off topic but Card's Ult IM minis were just dumb. The nano-monkeys were stupid enough, but the brain throughout his whole body was kind of dumb from a logistical standpoint, considering he temporarily had his legs burned off in the first mini. If his brains ran throughout his body, how'd he avoid losing part of his memory, or motor function, or sight, or intelligence, or bowel control, or any of a number of things that particular part of brain that was lost in that instance controlled?

It's like it was an idea come up with by a naive 10 year old.

Sorry, back on topic.

Not only that, but the human body isn't exactly a big empty bag of skin. He was fit and not oversized; how is there room for additional brain matter assuming he still has all of his other organs? Orson Scott Card is functionally retarded.

I'm a little surprised because reader sentiment on his Iron Man, at least as far as I've seen, has not been very kind.

I'm a little surprised because reader sentiment on his Iron Man, at least as far as I've seen, has not been very kind.

Really? I haven't read the newest issue, but I really liked the first five.

Zombipanda said:
Really? I haven't read the newest issue, but I really liked the first five.

I thought its been pretty decent, but a lot of comments I see about it are negative.

Ice said:
I stopped reading it with #4. It was a boring story and I was forcing myself to read it.

Have you read Extremis?

Have you read Extremis?
I have and it was great. I'm pretty sure we even talked about it, you and I at some point.

I just didn't seem to care much about how Gillen was writing the first arc. Art didn't help much either. I might give the Godkiller arc a try.

I'm dropping this effective immediately. The Origin of Tony Stark is terrible. They've out-Ultimate Iron Man'd Ultimate Iron Man.

Do you guys like this?

I was thinking about maybe possibly looking into this arc, then I started to hear what was actually happening in it and didn't bother after all.

Latest posts

Back