Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Iron Man?

• Total voters
The ONLY problem i had with it was ironically Samuel L Jackson. I thought he'd be kickass, but it just turned out to be Samuel L Jackson with an eyepatch, NOT nick fury, as i thought he could pull off... mind you its about a 2 minute scene, but still, i was hoping for nick fury, not sam jackson playing sam jackson with an eyepatch.

Yeah, but it was Ultimate Fury.... and he IS Sam Jackson with a eyepatch, not much difference between the two..

I don't understand any of Langsta's complaints.

Obadiah's death could have been better explained (it was kind of lame....Pepper blowing up the arc reactor or whatever and electrocuting Obadiah? That was lame....)

Which part confused you, and how would you have presented it differently?

The SHIELD references were also kind of lame (in the comics, SHIELD has been their acronym since, like, the 50s, and the movie established it as their acronym at the end of the film, though since this is a slightly more realistic take on the Marvel universe, I doubt that SHIELD has been around since the 50s or 60s). [/SPOILER]

How is this even a knock against the movie? They formed in the modern day instead of the 50s? Superheroes weren't around in the 50s in the Marvel movies!

The Samuel L. Jackson bit was an awesome fanboy moment, but "the Avengers Initiative"? WTF? I know it's not really like an official scene or whatever, but still.

Again, I don't understand what you're actually complaining against here.:?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, should I take all of them off and have everyone start *****ing at me?
The thread is marked spoilers. Get it?

As for the movie, just got home. And I still got my geek boner on. Like in X3, I said out loud, "There's a scene after the credits, people!" but of course 98% of everyone left.

The most hilarious part was watching a father cover his 8-year-old's son's eyes while Tony and the VF reporter got it on. :lol:

The main foreshadowing was the mention of the terrorist group name: The Ten Rings....
Yes!

When I heard it, I was like, "Wait, whoa!" That was very awesome.

And when S.H.I.E.L.D. was first mentioned- how awesome is it that they used continuity and used their first meaning of what it stood for before the current standing for it?

I have to admit though, when the agent first said it, I didn't pay attention. I was too busy staring at how HOTT Platrow was. :drooling:

:oops:

Last edited:
GUH!

MOVIE WAS INCREDIBLE!

I loved everything about this movie, and the set up for future movies was spectacular, The Ten Rings, War Machine, NICK MUTHA****ING FURY!, The Avengers!

RDJ is now the definitive Tony Stark, they should photo-reference him in comics from now on.

That poor Shelby A/C Cobra.

8/5

SRSLY

I don't understand any of Langsta's complaints.

Which part confused you, and how would you have presented it differently?

How is this even a knock against the movie? They formed in the modern day instead of the 50s? Superheroes weren't around in the 50s in the Marvel movies!

Again, I don't understand what you're actually complaining against here.:?

Agreed on all accounts EXCEPT I think there's a chance Stane is still alive. There's no way you throw away a great actor like Bridges for a movie like this.

I felt the same way with Dafoe in Spiderman. Osborn, in my opinion, has always been Spidey's greatest enemy and the battle with Goblin should, itself, have been a trilogy all the while building up to goblins final death in the proposed third movie.

Agreed on all accounts EXCEPT I think there's a chance Stane is still alive. There's no way you throw away a great actor like Bridges for a movie like this.

I agree with that too, and like how it leaves the possibility for him still being alive. That's not the same as poor direction or anything, though, and whether or not he survived I thought it was pretty clear what happened to the Iron Monger.

I agree with that too, and like how it leaves the possibility for him still being alive. That's not the same as poor direction or anything, though, and whether or not he survived I thought it was pretty clear what happened to the Iron Monger.

he's probably being held by shield

this'll probably lead to, the ten rings attacking the trikelion and kidnapping him, and forcing him to make a bunch of armours like Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, etc. and the construction of a semi-suit of armour that mimics the powers that the Mandarin has in the comics

the mandarin will probably not be Raza, Raza is probably just one of the ten leaders, and Tem will probably be another one which leads to Tem killing off the other 9 leaders and taking there rings allowing him to consolidate leadership over the ten rings

i dunno i'm just brain-venting

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS this was awesome!!!

Thank you, RDJ.

Thank you.

:cry: <- tears of joy. they should make a smiling + crying smilie.

saw it for the second time tonight, and it was great once again. I still think that Batman Begins is better, but not by a whole lot.

I want to develop a Ten Rings pitch NOW.

The international axis of evil, under the leadership of the Mandarin.

I want to develop a Ten Rings pitch NOW.

The international axis of evil, under the leadership of the Mandarin.

I was thinking of taking a page from the pirate lords in Pirates 3, but instead of pirates they are direct descendants of Ghengis Khan

10 lords each one has one ring of power (much like the 9 pieces of 8 ), which are actually powerless but a symbol of their place in the clan, each individual ring has a different emblem (symbolizing each power from the comics), each lord would have varying position of power throughout the world, they start being assasinated left and right (you'd see this as easter eggs in news reports, and newspapers throughout the second movies) until Tem Borijigin (the most recent name the mandarin has used in the comics) is the last one, with all ten rings he assume's full control of "The Ten Rings" and takes the position of "The Mandarin" which is a position long abolished by the clan.

With control of the clan he conducts a series of attacks on various major cities throughout the world, prompting Nick Fury to send a response force (Howling Commando's maybe?) to try and put a stop to this, The Mandarin captures these agents and steals as much SHIELD info as he can to orchastrate and attack on the triskelion to kidnap Stane. He forces Stane to make him an array of armours, Stane question why he wants different armours, and the mandarin says "with several of the same armour, once a weakness is found by the enemy, the army will topple, with warriors of different skillset's the advantage is ours" this leads to the creation of armours like Cobalt Man, Titanium Man, The Beetle, Crimson Dynamo, etc. all which go unnamed in the actual story.

Once completed his task Stane expects to be released, but instead as an act of vengeance for Stan killing Raza which is something The Mandarin wanted to do himself (i'm assuming Stane killed him in the movie) he kills Stane and sends Stane's hands to Tony.

ugh brain diarhea, this movie has psyched me up so much

Just saw it. And like everyone else I ****ing loved it. It was everything I could have hoped for.

My only complaint is that I wish he would have talked in the suit's synthesized voice more, I thought it sounded cool. As for Fury, I liked it but now I wish it had been Bruce Willis, DAMN YOU DR. STRANGEFATE!

It was pretty awesome. I don't have much else to say except Downey Jr. is still awesome and Paltrow was extremely hot all of a sudden.

One thing I really liked was how Tony put his old electromagnet in by himself after Stane took his new one. I was expecting Rhodey to put it in "in the nick of time", it was nice touch in my opinion.

Oh it's not just you. The hotness came outta nowhere.

I kept thinking back to everything else I've seen her in and could not recall a time when I ever said "Wow...Gwenyth Paltrow is f'in hot!"

But I was thinking it during this film. Maybe it's the red hair. Or the stillettos.

It was pretty awesome. I don't have much else to say except Downey Jr. is still awesome and Paltrow was extremely hot all of a sudden.

Oh it's not just you. The hotness came outta nowhere.

I kept thinking back to everything else I've seen her in and could not recall a time when I ever said "Wow...Gwenyth Paltrow is f'in hot!"

But I was thinking it during this film. Maybe it's the red hair. Or the stillettos.
SERIOUSLY!!

Also, poll added!

Latest posts

Back