Iron Man: The Movie game

Looks fine. Nothing too amazing about it. Pretty much everything you can do in a Hulk game, except in this you can fly too. Might be good.

looks like "Superman returns : the game" to me , which was fun for like first hour then it sank in how horrible it was.

Hopefully much better but I'll wait to see

looks like "Superman returns : the game" to me , which was fun for like first hour then it sank in how horrible it was.

Hopefully much better but I'll wait to see

Yeah, reminded me a lot of SR in that respect. The flying looks clunky and awkward in the same fashion. Time will tell.

This looks much better than SR. At least in the graphics department.

This looks much better than SR. At least in the graphics department.

Graphics don't mean anything though . I mean You can polish a turd all you want. All you'll get is a really shiny piece of ****.

I hoping this is a good game though. I just feel like it wont. that might not make sense.

Graphics don't mean anything though . I mean You can polish a turd all you want. All you'll get is a really shiny piece of ****.

I hoping this is a good game though. I just feel like it wont. that might not make sense.

Graphics do matter though, the faces in Spider-Man 3 were God-awful. Took me right out of the game; even though it was enjoyable to play. BUt I actually think this game is going to be great.

Graphics do matter though, the faces in Spider-Man 3 were God-awful. Took me right out of the game; even though it was enjoyable to play. BUt I actually think this game is going to be great.

See to me that doesn't matter , all that matters is gameplay. Hell an Example would be "Super dragonball z" game looked perfect. Gameplay was so bad even I hated it. It tried to do street fighter style combos but they were all too easy. which was meant to be the difference between that and the normal games. But normal games although easy were fun so were much better.

Hell I still play psone Spider-man game just because it was good game , graphics to me sure I like great graphics but only if the game is good. I get sick of great graphics pieces of crap that people love just based on graphics.

I'll get the game most likely but my prediction is it'll be somewhere between Superman returns and Fantasic four games

I wish movie games would STOP trying to make the character models resemble the actors, simply because they don't do it very well.

Don't get me wrong, the technology is at a point where they could reasonably do this --- Uncanny Valley notwithstanding --- but movie games suffer from at best, production schedules rushed to ship the product in time for the film's release and at worse, relatively 'average' modelling artists who just don't do this thing very well.

One thing I liked about The Punisher game was that even though it was Thomas Jane providing the voice, they didn't bother trying to make Frank Castle look like Thomas Jane and went for a more classically comic book appearance, intensely furrowed brow and perpetual frown and all.

In short, I think movie game graphics are made by unremarkable hacks... on bad schedules.

Last edited:
In short, I think movie game graphics are made by unremarkable hacks... on bad schedules.

Actually it's because the game is only being made to promote the film, that's why there hasn't been an Iron man game to begin with. Developers do they best they can with the budget and scheduling but at the end of the day their purpose it to promote the film. This isn't like Halo or Smashin' Bros where they get a huge budget and all the time in the world and it's all about the game itself.

Actually it's because the game is only being made to promote the film, that's why there hasn't been an Iron man game to begin with.
Actually... what? I have no idea what this statement has to do with anything I said.

Random said:
Developers do they best they can with the budget and scheduling but at the end of the day their purpose it to promote the film.
I already said that.

Actually... what? I have no idea what this statement has to do with anything I said.

I was responding to the "made by unremarkable hacks" Because the reason they aren't as great isn't because its made by bad developers, it's because it inherently has lower standards to be good/budget/scheduling. It's main purpose isn't to be a great game, but to promote the film. That's all.

I was responding to the "made by unremarkable hacks" Because the reason they aren't as great isn't because its made by bad developers, it's because it inherently has lower standards to be good/budget/scheduling. It's main purpose isn't to be a great game, but to promote the film. That's all.
My apologies but I guess I was too subtle in indicating that it's an and/or proposition.

I said, "production schedules rushed to ship the product in time for the film's release and at worse, relatively 'average' modelling artists who just don't do this thing very well." As in a spectrum wherein either modelling artists are either not good, lacking in time or BOTH.

Although what I was responding to was:
Random said:
"Actually it's because the game is only being made to promote the film, that's why there hasn't been an Iron man game to begin with."
I said "I have no idea how what this has anything to do with what I said simply because the second part of the clause seemed off to me. I was confused, because I didn't think we were even discussing why there has not been an Iron Man game or why there is going to be one.

Last edited:
Although what I was responding to was:I said "I have no idea how what this has anything to do with what I said simply because the second part of the clause seemed off to me. I was confused, because I didn't think we were even discussing why there has not been an Iron Man game or why there is going to be one.

Yeah, that's just pushing the whole promote the film point. They haven't made an Iron Man game before cause it probably wouldn't do well and the only reason its being made now is because of the movie. That's why I said it.

Latest posts

Back