Is Thor Crazy?

Do you think Thor is crazy?

• Total voters
Nurhachi said:
:eek: DONT FORGET YOUR HAMMER DUDE!

I actually created a replica of Mjolnir for a history project. Silver spraypaint and leather tennis grips! 8)

I think in the beginning of the Ultimates 2, there was a pretty convincing scene where Thor was found talking to himself... I think that pretty much says it all. I don't think there's any explaining that away. Given Millar, I could be dead wrong, however, it would take something (SOMETHING) to get over that hurdle. I voted "yes". We're four strong now!

Goodwill said:
I think in the beginning of the Ultimates 2, there was a pretty convincing scene where Thor was found talking to himself... I think that pretty much says it all. I don't think there's any explaining that away. Given Millar, I could be dead wrong, however, it would take something (SOMETHING) to get over that hurdle. I voted "yes". We're four strong now!
I think you should take a look at the LOKI MANIFESTO thread, if you haven't already. There's STRONG evidence of Thor NOT being crazy. :wink:

It'd be awesome if they destroyed Thor's harness or hammer somehow, yet he still had his powers. then they'll all be like "A-HOLY CRAP!" (as Strongbad would say it) and start believing.

then, thor's followers starts a "Church of Thor!" (explanation mark necessary "he's a shouter.") and peopel start joining it as more of an organized thing than a hippie group. that'd be ultimate.

Goodwill said:

Loki supposedly twisted reality. But, an interesting thing has come to mind. What if Thor is an insane god?

iceman said:
It'd be awesome if they destroyed Thor's harness or hammer somehow, yet he still had his powers. then they'll all be like "A-HOLY CRAP!" (as Strongbad would say it) and start believing.

It'll have to be the harness, because if he's really a god, then his hammer will be like adamantium (in the sense that its unbreakable)

I'm starting to suspect that the harness and the hammer are in fact actually constructs. And that these are the source if his strength and all that goes with it. But, I also suspect that there is a lot more to Thor than merely thunderbolts and lightning.

in marvel, thor's hammer has always been the source of his power

so maybe they're constructs, but not man-made constructs

iceman said:

then, thor's followers starts a "Church of Thor!" (explanation mark necessary "he's a shouter.") and peopel start joining it as more of an organized thing than a hippie group. that'd be ultimate.

Hahaha :D NO WAY THEY CAN DESTROY THORS HaMMER :( Nothing human or super human can kill/ destroy any of thors stuff. But after they beaten the **** of of thor, i would love to hear something from loki like: " Thanks alot, you have forfillin' your role" And then Nick is like " Gunner what the hell are you talking about"

Well, we're going to see... I thought that there were some differences in the harnesses that the scientists created and the one Thor wears. While the scientist's harness was a little bit more crude, Thor's has been refined and slightly more organic than its counterpart. We'll have to see if that makes any ounce of difference.

Goodwill said:
Well, we're going to see... I thought that there were some differences in the harnesses that the scientists created and the one Thor wears. While the scientist's harness was a little bit more crude, Thor's has been refined and slightly more organic than its counterpart. We'll have to see if that makes any ounce of difference.
GW, have you looked into the LOKI MANIFESTO thread, yet? Look at that, and see if Thor is still "crazy". :wink:

My questions if this is for real,
1) How come the harness and hammer weren't replicated in order to bring him in?

2) How come the diagnostics weren't run by Iron Man to determine if this is possible or credible? Tony Stark would be the expert on super empowering harness' , correct?

3) How could a complex device as the hammer (Weather comtrol, teleportation, etc.) take the abuse that Thor dished out on the Chitauri?

4) And the power source and maintenance of the harness and hammer? Wouldn't Thor need the electrical/mechanical/engineering expertise in order to keep these artifacts running properly?

Thor has to be the real deal or I'm just going to stop reading Millar all together due to poor storytelling.

onenewquestion said:
Thor has to be the real deal or I'm just going to stop reading Millar all together due to poor storytelling.

I'd take away from the story tremendously. And if he wasn't a God and was just some nut who stole this stuff, that would be bad. And nothing Millar has done with this title has been bad. But it will give me reason to believe that Luke Cage as part of the defenders will suck.

Ok, assuming that the equipment, at least, is real..
onenewquestion said:
1) How come the harness and hammer weren't replicated in order to bring him in?
They have a whole team of Euro superguys, AND the Ultimates. Why create a new hammer?

onenewquestion said:
2) How come the diagnostics weren't run by Iron Man to determine if this is possible or credible? Tony Stark would be the expert on super empowering harness' , correct?
This is military equipment, and advanced stuff at that. Certainly they are going to build something tht can't be scanned by every Tom, **** and Harry with a dish. Even Thor is immune to psychic attacks while wearing the suit. It has shields.

onenewquestion said:
3) How could a complex device as the hammer (Weather comtrol, teleportation, etc.) take the abuse that Thor dished out on the Chitauri?
...... It's a weapon. That's what it's designed to do. Be pretty useless if it broke the first time you hit anything with it.

onenewquestion said:
4) And the power source and maintenance of the harness and hammer? Wouldn't Thor need the electrical/mechanical/engineering expertise in order to keep these artifacts running properly?
Nope, they were quite proud of the battery in the hammer if you recall. And, if it ain't broke, why would Thor need to fix it?

onenewquestion said:
Nah, it's just you.

Guijllons said:
Unless it's just a device made by a few scientists. Which, it probably is.

icemastertron said:
GW, have you looked into the LOKI MANIFESTO thread, yet? Look at that, and see if Thor is still "crazy". :wink:

Also in 616 Thor was 4-real. Noway they are gonna chance SOOO much in the UU

Latest posts

Back