Is UFF the nail in the coffin?

Fuzzy Birds said:
Oke.

(that's Dutch for "OK").

I know. I took Dutch in high school. :roll:

No, the nail in the coffin isn't even OSC And UIM.

It's Ultimate Silver Surfer being a FEMALE! I wonder if she'll still be bald. . .? :wink:

Lynx said:
No, the nail in the coffin isn't even OSC And UIM.

It's Ultimate Silver Surfer being a FEMALE! I wonder if she'll still be bald. . .? :wink:
Sinnaed O'Connor?

UltimateE said:
If there was ever a final nail in the Ultimate coffin, Orson Scott Card and Ultimate Iron Man would be it.

You really hate that guy huh? You mention your dislike of this title in every other post...why not just add a "Card's Ultimate Iron Man sucks" into your signature? ;)

Not that I don't agree, cuz its seriously the weakest Ultimate mini since...forever.

UltimateE said:
If there was ever a final nail in the Ultimate coffin, Orson Scott Card and Ultimate Iron Man would be it.

Yep, I've read the first two issues and they sucked. I'm going to download them instead of buying the trade.

Orson Scott Card should stick to writing books, not comics.

ProjectX2 said:
Yep, I've read the first two issues and they sucked. I'm going to download them instead of buying the trade.

Ugh - and those were the good ones. #3 might be the worst comic ever made.

Bass said:
You're post is actually very lucid and I agree completely. Realism often gets confused with actuality. The Ultimate line has never been actuality, about making Marvel more like the real world we inhabit, but by making the Marvel universe more realistic, by making it consistent, well-thought out and possessed of consequence and reaction.
I like the part I bolded out the most. Sure the science may grow hokey as the mainstream understanding of real science becomes more sophisticated over time, but weight and consequence and reaction are really what it's about.

The question of where powers or mutancy or whatever comes from where is not important, but what would happen if those powers were to exist in a universe not unlike ours. Superhuman zeitgeist, baby.

To be honest, Ultimate Iron Man makes a lot of sense to the Ultimate Universe. I believe at one point Fury called Tony a 'super-smart freak of nature' and would explain how he got an MIT at the age of eleven. Even so, when a character goes through an Ultimization process, things are added, other things are removed, costumes changed, arch-enemies changed. Take Spider-Man for example, a small healing factor. Ultimate Hulk or Wolverine is supposed to find out that they can do something more (I do believe it is supposed to be the Hulk), Black Widow is like a mini-captain America and has an Iron Man suit. Hawkeye has 'something' cuz he's now another Bullseye. These powers given to the Ultimate Versions of these characters better explain how they do these things more perfectly, rather than just saying 'oh they're just really good'.

See the Ultimate Universe was meant to make things more realistic, not make them more real. It is unrealistic that The Black Widow is a flawless spy, Hawkeye never misses, Elektra is the perfect assassin, Spider-Man can get shot and be back on the job in two days. Now if they had an ability or power that would explain how they can do these things better, that is more 'realistic' than just they're olympic level or uber-olympic level at whatever it is that they do. Tony being a human brain better explains how he was able to not only create the Iron Man armor but achieve the other feats in life that have been mentioned in the Ultimate Universe.

Hawkeye101 said:
To be honest, Ultimate Iron Man makes a lot of sense to the Ultimate Universe. I believe at one point Fury called Tony a 'super-smart freak of nature' and would explain how he got an MIT at the age of eleven.

Why can't he just be really smart? What does the size of his brain have to do with what is in it or how it is used. Seriously - it's such a stupid concept.

Reed Richards is even smarter than Stark - God help us if they decide that has to be explained.

This is the kind of crap that the Ultimate line was supposed to get rid of. This is the problem with 616 - too many cooks, so to speak. People changing things just to change them, not caring or considering if it's a good story.

And please, I don't want to hear anything about how the series isn't over yet. I don't care. This is unfixable.

God, this book is horrible. The more I think about it the more I hate it. Card has singlehandedly (and without much effort) ruined Ultimate Tony Stark.

Curse you, Card.

UltimateE said:
Why can't he just be really smart? What does the size of his brain have to do with what is in it or how it is used. Seriously - it's such a stupid concept.

Reed Richards is even smarter than Stark - God help us if they decide that has to be explained.

This is the kind of crap that the Ultimate line was supposed to get rid of. This is the problem with 616 - too many cooks, so to speak. People changing things just to change them, not caring or considering if it's a good story.

And please, I don't want to hear anything about how the series isn't over yet. I don't care. This is unfixable.

God, this book is horrible. The more I think about it the more I hate it. Card has singlehandedly (and without much effort) ruined Ultimate Tony Stark.

Curse you, Card.

:rockon:

UltimateE said:
The only stupid concept is Venom being a lame *** cancer suit. Carnage ain't that brilliant, either. With what Card did to Tony (brain tumor wise), that is a great concept. Rather than just, "Oh, he's just smart", blah blah BLAH! Little different things like that, is no harm. The OTHER things that go on in the series is another story.

icemastertron said:
The only stupid concept is Venom being a lame *** cancer suit. Carnage ain't that brilliant, either. With what Card did to Tony (brain tumor wise), that is a great concept. Rather than just, "Oh, he's just smart", blah blah BLAH! Little different things like that, is no harm. The OTHER things that go on in the series is another story.
You like what he did to Tony?! :sure:

I agree with Venom. I liked the concept but fail to understand how the cancer suit becomes some kind of killing machine. That just sounds like a bad Sci-Fi original movie... er... wait so does symbiote outfit from outerspace... :?

Basically, what turned Venom into a monster was a virulent strain of cliche dna that entered it around the time it was worn. Sadly, the cliche strain was passed on to Carnage who passed it on to Gwen Stacy.

icemastertron said:
With what Card did to Tony (brain tumor wise), that is a great concept.

* vomits violently *

UltimateE said:
* vomits violently *
Did the same for Ultimate Venom and Carnage, which you don't hate the idea, (and I have read you saying that), and the Tony brain tumor thing is a million times better.

icemastertron said:
Did the same for Ultimate Venom and Carnage, which you don't hate the idea, (and I have read you saying that), and the Tony brain tumor thing is a million times better.

What brain tumor thing? We're talking about Tony's brain being his entire body. I want you to repeat, "Tony's brain is his entire nervous system." Until you realize just how stupid of an idea that is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What brain tumor thing? We're talking about Tony's brain being his entire body. I want you to repeat, "Tony's brain is his entire nervous system." Until you realize just how stupid of an idea that is.
I know that. So I made a mistake on what I meant to say. I'm not stupid (didnt say you said/meant/implied that), and neither is the idea.

Sue me about it, than.

Latest posts

Back