Jack Bauer vs. Noah Bennet: Who's More Badass?

Who's more Bad ***?

• Total voters
Re: Jack Bauer vs. Noah Bennet

I love heroes.

24 however I just think is stupid so very very stupid. It's cool if people like it that's just me.

I love heroes.

24 however I just think is stupid so very very stupid. It's cool if people like it that's just me.

I don't like either. I think Noah Bennet is probably the better character, but Jack Bauer is definitely the more badass of the two.

I don't like either. I think Noah Bennet is probably the better character, but Jack Bauer is definitely the more badass of the two.

24 is a cool concept I can admit that. The thing that ruins it for me is he goes 24 hours with out going the toilet or sleeping , like all the time. Even the best police / detectives in the world have to pee or sleep sometime.

24 is a cool concept I can admit that. The thing that ruins it for me is he goes 24 hours with out going the toilet or sleeping , like all the time. Even the best police / detectives in the world have to pee or sleep sometime.

Yeah, that's what really puts me off the show. They should just call it Jack Bauer and then not even have the time restriction. More possibilities.

Yeah, that's what really puts me off the show. They should just call it Jack Bauer and then not even have the time restriction. More possibilities.

I'd watch that , The character is cool.

So would I.

I stopped watching because I felt the show had to get stupidly contrived to stick to the "24" gimmick.

Bauer's wife gets amnesia, Bauer's daughter gets kidnapped for the third time in a day, Bauer dies, is resurrected, and kills three terrorists in 10 minutes.

I just kept shaking my head thinking, "Why the hell don't you just CUT?! That's what it's there for!"

Ugh. So I think the only reason Jack Bauer is supposedly more badass is because of the insanely stupid things he has to do to keep the show going in its retarded formula.

HEROES cuts. Imagine what Noah gets up to OFF CAMERA!

Exactly. He makes a list of all the things he's done wrong, and then uses the words as bullets. He's just trying to be a deadlier person. His name is Noah.

there's no time when your being a badass killing terrorists and saving the world.

You regretting making this poll yet? Bennets got more than twice the amount of votes Bauer has (11 vs. 5 at this point).

Because he's at least twice the ammount of badass that Bauer is (and growing). I mean the man almost erased his former mentor's memory of his dead daughter from his head.

This is an example of a worthless post

So was that post...

Also can I point out spelling mistake?

Noah Bennet = heroes

Noah Bennett = Passions

unless this is about the Passions charracter

The fact that you even know there was a character with that name from a daytime soap opera worries me.

Fine...

Bennet, on the fact that he makes superpowered villains worry. Jack Bauer is nothing more than Bush's jerk off material.

Ahahahahaha! In other words, Bush uses a picture of Jack Bauer to make pearl necklaces! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Again, Bennet wins!

*clears throat* everyone?

Well the ones that count...

Oh, nevermind...Proj beat me to it...story of my life. :(

Because he's at least twice the ammount of badass that Bauer is (and growing). I mean the man almost erased his former mentor's memory of his dead daughter from his head.

True.

Last edited:

I just can't get into 24, it's just 24 hours/eps of neanderthal chest pounding. Seriously, I can't buy the fact that the government can catch a terrorist, or stop a nuke, or whatever in the span of one day, when it's been 6 years and we still can't catch bin Ladin, and we've known where he's been, and LET HIM GO.

Seriously, nothing makes me seethe more than forced patriotism, Noah at least is doing the wrong things for the right reasons sometimes, as opposed to Bauer who's just wrong.

From Associated Contenet

And all of these things need to be seen in order for the full impact of awesomeness

... Now what did Noah do?

It's not even worth arguing, Random: you created the thread the day after a Heroes episode in which Noah is all kinds of bad-***; 24 hasn't aired in almost seven months. Who did you think people were going to vote for?

Me, I'd rather have Noah Bennet as a father; Jack Bauer can't even take care of his family. But H.R.G.? He'd be there for you.

I don't watch either show

I'm voting for BJ Cummings

How about JB Smoove???
VVVVVVVVVVVV​

Last edited:
Re: Jack Bauer vs. Noah Bennett

You mean the little whiny girl whose too stupid to realizes her feet are in water?

Jack was tortured for to years by the Chinese, and he did not give them one word. The day he was released to a terroist's hands, he bit out one of their juggulars and single handedly took them all out a few hours later. That is more bad *** than spraying a girl with water

Honestly, he didn't even torture her. He made her torture herself. Now that's just badassery.

Plus, let's not also forget that Bennet had himself shot and mindwiped just to save his daughter. Again, pretty badass.

Don't get me wrong. I like 24 and I like Jack Bauer. But, honestly, I just feel that if Bennet can stand out as a badass surrounded by super powered people. . .well, that's hard to top.

Last edited:

There are commercial breaks in which they ostensibly go to the bathroom.

Also, the only time this 24 hour thing was severely punishing in terms of realism was during the first season, when they started at 12mn at ended at 12mn. This would imply that had they spent a 'normal' day prior to the first episode, they would have gone up to 48 hours without sleep. Later seasons stopped doing that, making it a bit more conceivable for the characters to not sleep.

In fact, what I find wildly unrealistic about 24 is the fact that characters travel from one side of Los Angeles to the other by car in less than ten minutes. I've been to L.A. and anyone who's been to L.A. will tell you that this is utter nonsense.

The fact that you even know there was a character with that name from a daytime soap opera worries me.

No no I didn't , I thought "wait isn't that the guy from heroes" but did not want to make a complete *** of myself and get it wrong. So i copied and pasted name in to wikipidea , It came up with passions charracter and top of the page had heroes charracter name with one t

:lol:

Well first off he isn't a police man or detective, he's a counter terrorist agent who's done all kinds of crazy military stuff. He has the training to last well over 24 hours
So would I.

I stopped watching because I felt the show had to get stupidly contrived to stick to the "24" gimmick.

Bauer's wife gets amnesia, Bauer's daughter gets kidnapped for the third time in a day, Bauer dies, is resurrected, and kills three terrorists in 10 minutes.

I just kept shaking my head thinking, "Why the hell don't you just CUT?! That's what it's there for!"

Ugh. So I think the only reason Jack Bauer is supposedly more badass is because of the insanely stupid things he has to do to keep the show going in its retarded formula.

HEROES cuts. Imagine what Noah gets up to OFF CAMERA!
Ourchair got it right
There are commercial breaks in which they ostensibly go to the bathroom.

Also, the only time this 24 hour thing was severely punishing in terms of realism was during the first season, when they started at 12mn at ended at 12mn. This would imply that had they spent a 'normal' day prior to the first episode, they would have gone up to 48 hours without sleep. Later seasons stopped doing that, making it a bit more conceivable for the characters to not sleep.

In fact, what I find wildly unrealistic about 24 is the fact that characters travel from one side of Los Angeles to the other by car in less than ten minutes. I've been to L.A. and anyone who's been to L.A. will tell you that this is utter nonsense.
You regretting making this poll yet? Bennets got more than twice the amount of votes Bauer has (11 vs. 5 at this point).
Yes, realizing how oblivious people are to what constituents as " bad ***"
That's it, that's the best you got? Jack Bauer ****ING SHOT HIS FORMER MENTOR'S WIFE IN THE ****ING LEG! And after Bauer got everything he needed for Henderson, he ****ing killed him
I just can't get into 24, it's just 24 hours/eps of neanderthal chest pounding. Seriously, I can't buy the fact that the government can catch a terrorist, or stop a nuke, or whatever in the span of one day, when it's been 6 years and we still can't catch bin Ladin, and we've known where he's been, and LET HIM GO.

Seriously, nothing makes me seethe more than forced patriotism, Noah at least is doing the wrong things for the right reasons sometimes, as opposed to Bauer who's just wrong.
Okay this debate isn't about politics, or the shows but about the amount of bad *** this character gives. But in 24 they never really get the top runner of terrorist organizations, just the people in LA. And even though they have a conservative mind set on things like torture they do present liberal ideas and its not always about getting middle eastern terrorists. The first season was about Siberians getting revenge on Bauer for an operation nightfall, the second season was about middle eastern terrorists being manipulated by Oil Companies wishing to provoke a war in the middle-east (In fact the whole second half of the season was him trying to prevent an unjust war.) In season 5, the villain was the President. They also show the downside of torture and going outside the law numerous times. This is just entertainment, I hated when politicians use it as justification of torture, but it just a show, that is so entertaining cause Jack Bauer is a complete bad ***.

It's not even worth arguing, Random: you created the thread the day after a Heroes episode in which Noah is all kinds of bad-***; 24 hasn't aired in almost seven months. Who did you think people were going to vote for?

Me, I'd rather have Noah Bennet as a father; Jack Bauer can't even take care of his family. But H.R.G.? He'd be there for you.
Yeah bad timing on my part, but Bauer's creditiblity should hold more weight.
Honestly, he didn't even torture her. He made her torture herself. Now that's just badassery.

Plus, let's not also forget that Bennet had himself shot and mindwiped just to save his daughter. Again, pretty badass.
And? Is that it? Is that all he's done? Yes it's bad ***, but not any more than what Jack does on a weaker episode.
Don't get me wrong. I like 24 and I like Jack Bauer. But, honestly, I just feel that if Bennet can stand out as a badass surrounded by super powered people. . .well, that's hard to top.
All those super powered people are nothing but emo characters whinnying about powers. In fact without someone with powers to back him up. Everything I recall Bennet doing that would be consider bad *** is when he told someone to do. Parkman, Claire, West, The Haitian, Eden, they were all needed for Bennet to actually do anything. So don't anyone give me the whole "He's in a world of super powered people and there for more bad ***" Cause with out those same super powered people, he couldn't pull off ****. Having a super power on your side negates that whole thing. So don't give me this same argument again, cause it doesn't hold water.

Now before anyone says Bennet is more bad ***, list every bad *** thing he's done and I guarantee you that it is no where near the stuff Bauer has done. All I've heard so far was that Noah took a memory from his mentor and killed him, Jack shot his mentor's wife in the leg, and later killed him when he basically had a pardon, Jack cut off the hand of his own partner. Noah through some water on Elle, Jack busted into the president's highly secured ranch and held a knife up to the eye of the national security adviser, Jack attempted to force a terrorist's daughter into a virally infected area to get him to talk. Noah gets shot buy standing around talking about killing Bob and is shot in the face by an alliance-confused geneticists. Jack was electrocuted, sliced and torture before he flat lined.

So tell me what has Noah done so bad ***, Give me empirical evidence towards this. Cause again this isn't about the shows, this isn't about whether you like the concept of 24 or how its executed, this isn't about politics, this barely is about the characters. It's all about how bad *** these guys are, there are so many scenes in which Jack had kick utter *** and do so much more hardcore acts of violence. And this requires empirical evidence that I have in abundance. So please list everything Noah has done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back