James Bond: Quantum of Solace (spoilers involved)

Re: James Bond: Quantum of Solace

Agreed on what you guys just said. This looks like a great movie.

Sweet. I hope there's lots more black and white scenes. They look so good.

And was that John Simm I saw in the car?

Nope, it wasn't. It was Mathieu Amalric. Looks similar to John Simm though.

Last edited:

That was cool.

I'm going to be featured in next Friday's issue of Entertainment Weekly (on "The Must List") for recommending the Quantum of Solace trailer. This will be the second time this year I will have been featured in the magazine.

I'm going to be featured in next Friday's issue of Entertainment Weekly (on "The Must List") for recommending the Quantum of Solace trailer. This will be the second time this year I will have been featured in the magazine.

That's pretty sweet. I love EW. It's like getting a Christmas Present every week. :D

Sweet. I hope there's lots more black and white scenes. They look so good.

And was that John Simm I saw in the car?

Nope, it wasn't. It was Mathieu Amalric. Looks similar to John Simm though.

I hope not, personally. The b&w scenes were significant in the last film because it heralded the transition period from the tough, but essentially innocent James Bond into the ruthless, cold-blooded 007.

It wouldn't really make sense if they had black and white scenes in the new one. Hopefully they'll do a black & white gunbarrel scene like the old movies, though.

Duran Duran to return for the title song?

If this happened, it would be the coolest thing ever. A View to a Kill is one of my favourite Bond songs and a Duran Duran reunion/comeback in the form of a Bond song would be nothing short of spectacular. The song in the last film was really manly and tough-sounding and it suited the movie beautifully (it's arguably my favourite Bond song, ever) so I'd like this one to follow in that same tradition.

Besides...anything would be better than Amy Winehouse :sick:.

Duran Duran has more songs I like that most bands, so that would be really cool(although the View To A Kill theme is kind of a mix of great and awful). I just hope they actually work the title into this one. That was my one gripe with the otherwise wonderful Casion Royale theme.

If anyone can write a great song called "Quantum Of Solace", Duran Duran can. David Bowie too for that matter....

The only benefit to having an Amy Winehouse song kick this movie off would be that if I got there just as the show was starting I'd have an oppourtunity to get popcorn without missing any of the trailers.

Blech.

Duran Duran? Seriously? Please no.

As terrible as her public image is and as overrated as I think she actually is, I do think Amy Winehouse would be appropriate and her voice would work as kind of a nice throwback to the old films. That is, if she wasn't too ****ed up to do anything like this. And she totally is.

I don't think I'd mind Annie Lennox or Jack White. (Though I can't imagine what his Bond theme would be like.)

Just no Duran Duran.

Last edited:

Annie Lennox is generally great. Depends on what they're going for here, and whether it requires the talents of her 80s goddess or modern-day balladier.

Oh, and "Hungry Like The Wolf" is still better than at least 80% of songs that have come out since it's release.

Oh, and "Hungry Like The Wolf" is still better than at least 80% of songs that have come out since it's release.
When you say you don't like Radiohead and then make a statement like that, it makes it hard not to compare you to Mole.

Don't threaten me, I swear I'll do it!!

Last edited:

When you say you don't like Radiohead and then make a statement like that, it makes it hard not to compare you to Mole.

Don't threaten me, I swear I'll do it!!

I remember posting that a while ago here and a number of people, including Radiohead fans, agreeing with me.

Perhaps efforted vocals are sometimes refreshing when one wants to listen to a song...

I remember posting that a while ago here and a number of people, including Radiohead fans, agreeing with me.

Perhaps efforted vocals are sometimes refreshing when one wants to listen to a song...
You're taste is as bad as Mole's.

There. You made me do it.

And please don't compare what's-his-face from Duran Duran to Thom Yorke. I think I may be sick.

Right...well...I've got crap taste too, then. Rio, A View to a Kill and Hungry Like the Wolf are all brilliant songs. So there.

I liked the GoldenEye song.

Latest posts

Back