Jay Leno blows

Am I the only person who loves Conan in his new slot?

I like that he hasn't changed his show pretty much at all. He's not trying to be something he's not. Namely: Jay Leno.

He's a lot more current affairs-oriented than he was and his stand-up is a lot longer now.

I'd almost be willing to admit that he's my favourite stand-up comedian.

Conan has always been my favorite late night guy. Letterman is trash because he thinks he's the ****. That interview he did with Jaquin Phoenix was just wrong. The dude was obviously in a rough spot in his life and Dave couldn't help but make jokes about it. And then there was that point in time he admitted to having several affairs on television... Not a fan of this guy.

Or Jay Leno for that matter. He's not funny.

Conan on the other hand can appeal to multiple crowds, especially the college student fan base.

Conan on the other hand can appeal to multiple crowds, especially the college student fan base.

I think I just enjoy that he's an old-school performer interested in classic slapstick and absurdist humour instead of just trying to be some sort of dapper, intelligent political satirist. Not to mention his whole 'being a nerd' thing.

I definitely agree that Letterman (and Leno, to some degree) have really obvious egos that get in the way of me liking them.

Last edited:
Conan has always been my favorite late night guy. Letterman is trash because he thinks he's the ****. That interview he did with Jaquin Phoenix was just wrong. The dude was obviously in a rough spot in his life and Dave couldn't help but make jokes about it. And then there was that point in time he admitted to having several affairs on television... Not a fan of this guy.

Eh. He screwed up and owned up to it. I can't see judging someone for something they've done. Everyone has some kind of skeleton in their closet.

And the Joquin Phoenix interview looked fake to me (and other people too). It wouldn't have been the first time either (see Crispin Glover and Andy Kaufman).

Eh. He screwed up and owned up to it. I can't see judging someone for something they've done. Everyone has some kind of skeleton in their closet.

I agree, a guy tried to blackmail him about it and instead of trying to pay to cover it up he stood up and admitted. I actually admire that.

But Conan is definitely the top.

I've loved Conan from the beginning. I remember staying up as a 12 or 13 year old--this was way back in '94 when he first started--to watch him every night (of course I had to bore through Leno to do so). Good stuff.

Really glad Andy's back too. Their chemistry is great. Andy coming back was probably the best use of the bigger budget Conan got from moving up an hour. Major improvement over Leno, but in a way some of the improvement is lessened by still following Leno--albeit an hour earlier.

Conan is the Carson of our generation--but better (in my opinion).

I've loved Conan from the beginning. I remember staying up as a 12 or 13 year old--this was way back in '94 when he first started--to watch him every night (of course I had to bore through Leno to do so). Good stuff.

I only really became aware of Conan in the last ten years. The Walker, Texas Ranger Lever turned me from an on-off casual viewer to a devoted one. I still wish he'd bring that back, even if it was only one time.

Late Night was shown on CNBC over here, which is a channel that has always just been an obscure, temperamental extra for certain TV packages. A few years ago though, they stopped showing Late Night and only showed The Tonight Show. Thankfully, I get to watch Conan again now, because he's taken over.

Really glad Andy's back too. Their chemistry is great. Andy coming back was probably the best use of the bigger budget Conan got from moving up an hour. Major improvement over Leno, but in a way some of the improvement is lessened by still following Leno--albeit an hour earlier.

Andy Richter is nothing short of a comic genius. Watching him and Conan rip Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag to shreds was the talkshow highlight of the year, for me.

Last edited:
Andy Richter is nothing short of a comic genius. Watching him and Conan rip Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag to shreds was the talkshow highlight of the year, for me.

:lol:

Agreed.

There's just something about Andy's unassuming nature mixed with his quick and sharp with which equals comedy gold. Add to that Conan and, well, you have yourself a sure thing.

I just wish the NBC execs would stop sucking Leno off and show gratitude where its due.

Did anyone see the Thanksgiving episode of Conan? With "adorable puppies dressed as Thanksgiving dinner"?

Brilliant.

No love for Craig Ferguson?

He's the only late night host I like ATM.

Craig Ferguson is awesome.

I even like the host prior, Craig Kilborn. And even the guy prior to him Tom Snyder.

Snyder had this baritone voice that was so soothing.

No love for Craig Ferguson?

He's the only late night host I like ATM.

Craig Ferguson is awesome.

I even like the host prior, Craig Kilborn. And even the guy prior to him Tom Snyder.

Snyder had this baritone voice that was so soothing.

Craig Ferguson is great too, easily better than either Leno or Letterman. Conan is still better though. Or maybe I'm just more acclimated to Conan, I don't know.

Craig Ferguson is okay from what I've seen, although it is kind of irritating watching someone from this side of the pond renounce themselves and their show-style in favour of total Americanisation (he's even said that he's basically done this).

Craig Ferguson is okay from what I've seen, although it is kind of irritating watching someone from this side of the pond renounce themselves and their show-style in favour of total Americanisation (he's even said that he's basically done this).

Heh, I think its his background that makes me like him so much. He's seen the world, and made some huge mistakes in his life and he has no problem admitting it. Also, he loves to shortsell himself, which is something you dont see in television enough.

Latest posts

Back