JH Williams III To Draw Paul Dini's Detective Comics

Earlier this week, word broke that J.H. Williams will be joining Paul Dini on Detective Comics as the new penciler, instead of the previously announced Rags Morales. In the accompanying interview, Williams said: "From what I understand DC wants to rotate artists because of the single issue story method. So I think they will have me do the first couple." Shortly thereafter, I received the following note from ATR Agent, John Voulieris:

Detective Comics will have rotating art chores by J.H. Williams, Rags Morales, an issue by Tim Sale, Darwyn Cooke, and others (chosen by Mark Chiarello).

Since Williams is now working on Detective, a new Vertigo mini with Morrison, and 7 Soldiers, expect rotating artists on 6 issues arcs with Desolation Jones (which was the original plan before J.H. Williams signed on). Gary Erskine is scheduled to do 6 issues.

ProjectX2 said:
Since Williams is now working on Detective, a new Vertigo mini with Morrison, and 7 Soldiers, expect rotating artists on 6 issues arcs with Desolation Jones (which was the original plan before J.H. Williams signed on). Gary Erskine is scheduled to do 6 issues.
On the one had it means that I don't get any more Williams on Desolation Jones. On the other this gives them the oppertunity to step up from bi-monthly, wich I would welcome. I'm torn.

Latest posts

Back