Bob and Efrem too, hopefully.

They wouldn't be paramount to the film's goodness. Bob would be great, but I don't even think Efrem Zimbalist Jr. would be suitable for the darker, more tired Alfred. He was always a comedy character in the show, other than in Mask of the Phantasm and even then, he only had a few dramatic scenes.

You know they'd love to do it too, they did such a great job designing the DKR sequence of the Legends episode.

Yeah that was good. A bit over the top, maybe, but it was fun.

Oh God.... I just thought about how awesome this would be and lost urethra control.

That's gonna' stink.

I would prefer some Elseworld movies like Kingdom come and the Batman vampire trilogy

Kingdom Come would be alright, I suppose, but I don't think it would be that good for people who aren't already into comics. I've never read the Vampire trilogy but it sounds so ridiculous that I have little intention to do so.

DKR is an elseworld story

cool didn't know that

Kingdom Come would be alright, I suppose, but I don't think it would be that good for people who aren't already into comics. I've never read the Vampire trilogy but it sounds so ridiculous that I have little intention to do so.

The Vampire trilogy is great , I've mentioned before I find reading joined up writing very hard BUT the book was so good I kept going. The third one is a little weak compared to the first two but still the trilogy is worth reading dude

Oh God.... I just thought about how awesome this would be and lost urethra control.

I would sell my family and all of my earthly possessions for a Conroy-voiced animated version of the scene where Batman and his army charge through Gotham on the horses, the Shirley Walker theme blasting through the whole thing.

"Tonight...we are the law. Tonight...I am the law." As voiced by Conroy would instantly mean that every Judge Dredd fan in the world would have to convert their entire fandom to Batman, because he would essentially be taking control of that catchphrase forevermore.

That is all.

This is really cool.

JLNF2.jpg

This...not so much.

JLNF3.jpg

I'm guessing he has two costumes in this. The second one is probably better for the JLA, considering he doesn't spend as much time in the dark whilst on those kinds of missions.

I'm guessing he has two costumes in this. The second one is probably better for the JLA, considering he doesn't spend as much time in the dark whilst on those kinds of missions.

I don't have the book with me at the moment, but I seem to remember almost everyone going through a costume change when they came together as the JLA.

I just watched this.

It is rated OMG-13 due to the fact that it is "OMG CRAZY SUPER FANTASTIC ****ING AWESOME-O TO THE EXTREME!"

Seriously...it was one of the best direct to DVD comic films I've seen. I screams classic.

Although, E, I will warn you...
there's a scene where they show Hal shooting a Korean point blank in the head just like in Superman: Doomsday. And there's a couple scenes where they say "***" and the like.

But other than that you're son should be fine seeing this. But of course I'm sure you'd wanna watch it first just to be sure.

And NPH as Flash is awesome.

Last edited:
I just watched this.

It is rated OMG-13 due to the fact that it is "OMG CRAZY SUPER FANTASTIC ****ING AWESOME-O TO THE EXTREME!"

Seriously...it was one of the best direct to DVD comic films I've seen. I screams classic.

Although, E, I will warn you...
there's a scene where they show Hal shooting a Korean point blank in the head just like in Superman: Doomsday. And there's a couple scenes where they say "***" and the like.

But other than that you're son should be fine seeing this. But of course I'm sure you'd wanna watch it first just to be sure.

And NPH as Flash is awesome.

AWESOME.

And thanks for the warning.

I went to pick this up today and both Best Buy and Target had it for $30 (on Blu-Ray). So I bought it for $20.50 from the UC Store. SCORE!

I'll have it Friday. I can't wait to watch it, especially after reading that glowing review.

I just watched this.
OMG, I just saw this too.

The wonders of local pirates have made this available to the Philippines long before it will be legitimately released.

It's a pitch perfect adaptation of the entire series, all twelve issues. The voice acting is top notch, maybe even better than I had expected. Some scenes are panel by panel recreations and Kevin Manthei's score is wonderful.

There's only one problem:

It's too damn fast.

Trying to compress all those narrative tracks (Jonn's exploration of humanity, Hal's search for purpose) into one film ends up making a lot of the character to character transitions a little abrupt.

Things will explode in one character's scene, and then cut into another character's quiet scene. It's not a pacing law that has been broken here, but it's certainly an approach that doesn't hold up for ninety minutes, especially when you don't have the ability to linger on pages like you do on a comic.

The rushedness translates to losing a lot of the emotional resonance of the characters. You don't really get a real sense of Jordan's post-war aimlessness and Jonn'zz dealings with his partner lack some of the ring that was present in the comic.

I don't mean to sound like a total naysayer, but it's that it's a great comic turned into a intensely faithful cartoon that plays better as a comic anyway.

just saw it and it was awesome. It's the best DC Direct to dvd movie yet.

OMG, I just saw this too.

The wonders of local pirates have made this available to the Philippines long before it will be legitimately released.

It's a pitch perfect adaptation of the entire series, all twelve issues. The voice acting is top notch, maybe even better than I had expected. Some scenes are panel by panel recreations and Kevin Manthei's score is wonderful.

There's only one problem:

It's too damn fast.

Trying to compress all those narrative tracks (Jonn's exploration of humanity, Hal's search for purpose) into one film ends up making a lot of the character to character transitions a little abrupt.

Things will explode in one character's scene, and then cut into another character's quiet scene. It's not a pacing law that has been broken here, but it's certainly an approach that doesn't hold up for ninety minutes, especially when you don't have the ability to linger on pages like you do on a comic.

The rushedness translates to losing a lot of the emotional resonance of the characters. You don't really get a real sense of Jordan's post-war aimlessness and Jonn'zz dealings with his partner lack some of the ring that was present in the comic.

I don't mean to sound like a total naysayer, but it's that it's a great comic turned into a intensely faithful cartoon that plays better as a comic anyway.

Now I've never read New Frontier...but after reading how faithful an adaptation this is, I want to. I knew it was based on the book...but I wasn't sure how much is based on the book and how much was just done for film purposes.

I could tell what they were going for with Jordan and Jonn'zz...but it did feel underdeveloped. I figured it was due to time restraints and age demographic focus.

Still, very good.

I would sell my family and all of my earthly possessions for a Conroy-voiced animated version of the scene where Batman and his army charge through Gotham on the horses, the Shirley Walker theme blasting through the whole thing.

"Tonight...we are the law. Tonight...I am the law." As voiced by Conroy would instantly mean that every Judge Dredd fan in the world would have to convert their entire fandom to Batman, because he would essentially be taking control of that catchphrase forevermore.

That is all.

Well the next animated DTV will involve batman, but it won't be about DKR. It will be Batman anime (drawn and directed by the Japanese and written by Americans like Greg Rucka), will take place in the begins universe (and be rated PG-13).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acbRWvuB_Cw

Latest posts

Back