I just watched this. Pretty damn cool I loved it. I didn't enjoy it as much as "Superman Doomsday" But still if/when this comes out on dvd here I'll buy it or pick it up next time I'm in usa.

I just watched this. Pretty damn cool I loved it. I didn't enjoy it as much as "Superman Doomsday" But still if/when this comes out on dvd here I'll buy it or pick it up next time I'm in usa.

Really? I couldn't even get through Superman/Doomsday. I thought it was awful. (what I was able to stand of it anyway) The art was terrible.

I thought New Frontier was awesome tho!!!! Great art, great voicing. It makes me want to read New Frontier. (is it out in a single trade yet?)

I really dig Darwyn Cookes art style.

I certainly hope this is better than Doomsday, because Doomsday was just okay. I'm not that excited about this, mainly because I'm not really in a Justice League mood, but I'll certainly buy it (I'll definitely be buying all of the DCUDTVs).

New Frontier is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Doomsday.

Where Doomsday was pretty good in parts, New Frontier is practically perfect in almost every aspect.

Just watched this again.

I still think this is not as perfect as it should be.

The whole thing compresses 12 issues of comic-ness into a SIXTY-EIGHT minute movie?

I need at least 22 minutes more paranoia, Hal Jordan self-pity and John Jones being generally awesomely endearing.

But it's not there.

People I didn't insult New Frontier I said I loved it. All I said was I didn't enjoy it as much as "Superman Doomsday". Both great I just prefered doomsday. But that is not to say I didn't love this as I did.

I just watched this and it was just awesome. Action sequences, flying scenes, Hal meeting Abin, Batman in general.... superb stuff.

I don't think it was THAT much better than Superman: Doomsday..... but I loved Superman: Doomsday.:D

Also: Batman vs those cultists was the coolest thing ever.

Also: Did anybody else catch Ace's line "...I can't OPEN THE BOMB BAY DOORS. HAL, ..."

Also: Batman vs those cultists was the coolest thing ever.

No, Martian Manhunter turning in to bugs bunny was the coolest thing ever
:lol: or maybe that's just me

Last edited:
Just watched this again.

I still think this is not as perfect as it should be.

The whole thing compresses 12 issues of comic-ness into a SIXTY-EIGHT minute movie?

I need at least 22 minutes more paranoia, Hal Jordan self-pity and John Jones being generally awesomely endearing.

But it's not there.

That's true the was pacing off, 20 more minutes would have made it better.

Eh...

Overall, the animation was great. There were some really phenomenal sequences - like the opening and closing, Hal and Flagg tearing *** on the road, and pretty much all the sequences involving Monster Island - that looked like they were straight out of the best animation of the period. There was a bunch of less stellar stuff going on, but the sequences that were great were so great that the rest doesn't really matter.

The plot didn't translate nearly as well. A lot of it just felt cornball (and not in that great, 50's nostalgia type of cornball), and I wasn't a huge fan of the voice actors overall.... The real problem was the pacing though. I just felt like none of the stories really hit their beat. at all. I felt like the plot was a straight dead loss. But that's what happens when you give it 80 minutes.

I think if they'd opened up the budget and given it another good half hour it would have really polished but, I guess you work with what you've got.

Last edited:
It was only 6 issues.
Wasn't it collected into two volumes?

And if it was, perhaps that might be why I 'think' it was twelve issues, because they were some heavy two volumes that 'weighed' like twelve issues. Having never read the singles I'd have no idea whether each of the six issues were actually larger than your regular format single.

That, or they used some ******* heavy paper for the trade.

Wasn't it collected into two volumes?

And if it was, perhaps that might be why I 'think' it was twelve issues, because they were some heavy two volumes that 'weighed' like twelve issues. Having never read the singles I'd have no idea whether each of the six issues were actually larger than your regular format single.

That, or they used some ******* heavy paper for the trade.

Yes it was collected in 2 TPBs. I don't remember if the issues were double sized but I'm sure they were larger than normal. But definitely 6 issues.

I just watched this last night. It was leagues better than the animated movies that Marvel has been putting out recently, and although I normally don't like Bruce Timm's animation style, the way he altered it fit perfectly with the tone of the comic book.

Also, I can't wait to get Gotham Knight this summer - I thought Deathstroke was going to be in it, but apparently it's actually Deadshot.

So... I saw this, I loved some bits of it, but overall, I have to say I was a little unimpressed and was hoping for something more.

Especially Boreanaz's Hal Jordan. That just simply did not fit.

So... I saw this, I loved some bits of it, but overall, I have to say I was a little unimpressed and was hoping for something more.

Yeah. I felt the same way about Doogie Houser's Barry Allen.

Yeah. I felt the same way about Doogie Houser's Barry Allen.

I thought NPH was good as the Flash (he was perfect as Spider-Man in the MTV animated series), but the only voice problem that I really had a problem with was Jeremy Sisto as Batman. It did not sound anything like what I imagine Batman's voice to sound like.

Latest posts

Back