Justice League Unlimited

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Does anybody else watch this show. It my favorite of the comic shows. I just downloaded the first 2 episodes of the new season, "Double Date" (With the Huntress) & "Task Force X" (With the Suicude Squad). I'm also in the progess of downloading the next two. This episode have already been shown in Canada and will premire later this month. If anybody wants them just PM me.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
I try to watch this whenever I can. It's pretty good. The last episode I saw was one with Booster Gold and people he helped called him Green Lantern.
 

Nurhachi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
3,419
Location
New Zealand
I was going to avoid this thread, but then i thought of Baxter and thought i should come here to say.....

DC SUX!!!!!

:p
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
It's getting really good. With the return of Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, & Hawkgirl. Luthor's running for President. There's a goverment consiparcy against the JL.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
I am so g33king out right now. After seeing all the new season of the show. I am impressed. They used characters not seen since the very first Batman series and a big tie-in to The Justice Lords episode. The very last episode "Epilogue" was where things from Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, and Justice League all come crashing together. It has characters and refrences to Return Of The Joker, Mask Of The Phanstom, The Grey Ghost episode, The Royal Flush gang, the future Justice League, Cadmus, the nano alien, plus a lot of others.

In this episode it starts out with Terry(The future Batman), who very older, confronting Bruce. He say that he found out that he is basicly a generic clone of Bruce and how could he do that to him. Then Terry travels to meet Amanda Waller. He finds out that it was her that created him making him his son. She says the world will always need a Batman. She injected Bruce's DNA into Terry's father rewriting his reprodutive parts. Then plan on having Bruce's parents murder by The Phanstom (You know the chick from the movie) but she couldn't do it saying that it would go against everything Bruce belived. In the end Terry suits up to be Batman and goes to meet Superman.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
I believe Warren Ellis wrote an episode for JLU. Does anybody know what it's called and what it's about and if it's any good? The local showtimes for JLU are totally incompatible with my classes so I'm thinking of just hunting it down on bootleg VCDs.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Alright I know it was on a few days ago, but did anyone see the season finale (I believe it was the season finale), "Epilogue." I felt like mentioning it because it was pretty freakin' good, despite having barely anything to do with JLU and basically being the final episode of "Batman Beyond." The episode takes place around 15 years after "Beyond" and features an older Terry confronting Amanda Waller. Terry tells her about taking a DNA test and learning that he's practically a clone of Bruce (*gasp!*). After blaming Bruce, he learns that Amanda was the one who took Bats' DNA and put it into Terry's father so that his child would be a copy of Bruce. (*doublegasp!*). See, Amanda had developed a certain amount of respect for Bats' and what he did and when she realized that he was getting older and couldn't be Batman forever, she used Cadmus resources to engineer a new Batman (she used the same DNA implanting thingy that the Joker used on Tim Drake in the Batman Beyond movie). She even hired someone to kill Terry's parents in front of him in order to give him the drive to become Batman, but decided that it was something Bruce would have never done, and stopped it. Terry is pissed about all of this because 1. he's been lied to for a very long time and 2. he doesn't want to end up as cold and alone as Bruce. Amanda tells him that "he doesn't quite have Bruce's brains, but he does have his heart" and tells him to be good to his loved ones and not let Batman get in the way. Terry returns to Bruce, get back together with his girlfriend (who he had dumped for the whole "if my enemies ever found you" thing) and continues being Batman.

Great episode. Considering how little Batman appears in this series, it was good to see an all Batman episode. Hopefully the show will come back for another season (I'm not sure :( ).
 

Entropy

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
1,080
Location
North of the equator
I enjoy this show quite a bit. Like the franchise that started with Batman TAS, its a great take on the characters that does an excellent job of both portraying them faithfully and with respect. The storylines are interesting and I like the look. I particularly enjoyed "Epilogue" since I was a big fan of Batman Beyond and I liked seeing both some resolution to the series AND the tying together of continuity. I wish the comics could do as well of a job of keeping things as straight as these cartoons have, it would make for alot better reading. I hear they are slated to return for another season, which I would like to see. Possibly involving an all-out New Gods war that the League gets caught up in. That would be fun ;).
 

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,249
Location
Bay Area
Really great show. I loved the last episode. I hope that somehow their is a JUSTICE LEAGUE BEYOND. That's just me geeking out, but yeah this is really a great show as good as the old Batman TAS. Good times, good times
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
moonmaster said:
Alright I know it was on a few days ago, but did anyone see the season finale (I believe it was the season finale), "Epilogue." I felt like mentioning it because it was pretty freakin' good, despite having barely anything to do with JLU and basically being the final episode of "Batman Beyond." The episode takes place around 15 years after "Beyond" and features an older Terry confronting Amanda Waller. Terry tells her about taking a DNA test and learning that he's practically a clone of Bruce (*gasp!*). After blaming Bruce, he learns that Amanda was the one who took Bats' DNA and put it into Terry's father so that his child would be a copy of Bruce. (*doublegasp!*). See, Amanda had developed a certain amount of respect for Bats' and what he did and when she realized that he was getting older and couldn't be Batman forever, she used Cadmus resources to engineer a new Batman (she used the same DNA implanting thingy that the Joker used on Tim Drake in the Batman Beyond movie). She even hired someone to kill Terry's parents in front of him in order to give him the drive to become Batman, but decided that it was something Bruce would have never done, and stopped it. Terry is pissed about all of this because 1. he's been lied to for a very long time and 2. he doesn't want to end up as cold and alone as Bruce. Amanda tells him that "he doesn't quite have Bruce's brains, but he does have his heart" and tells him to be good to his loved ones and not let Batman get in the way. Terry returns to Bruce, get back together with his girlfriend (who he had dumped for the whole "if my enemies ever found you" thing) and continues being Batman.

Great episode. Considering how little Batman appears in this series, it was good to see an all Batman episode. Hopefully the show will come back for another season (I'm not sure :( ).


I loved that episode. I posted what I thought of it above. I seen this earlier cause I downloaded the episode. The chick that Waller hired to kill Terry's parents, is the same chick from The Batman The Mask Of The Phantsom movie.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
I caught part of an episode the other day and it was pretty good...definitely not like the rest of the superhero cartoons I've seen my whole life.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
René said:
Really great show. I loved the last episode. I hope that somehow their is a JUSTICE LEAGUE BEYOND. That's just me geeking out, but yeah this is really a great show as good as the old Batman TAS. Good times, good times

There is a Justice League Beyond in Batman Beyond. The only original member is Superman.
 

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,249
Location
Bay Area
ProjectX2 said:
There is a Justice League Beyond in Batman Beyond. The only original member is Superman.

I know, but I mean a full show, like a weekly episode of that. Good stuff, good stuff.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Is anybody watching the new season. I loved that they changed Supergirl's outfit. And that they have the Legion Of Supervillains now.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
one of the best show's on the air.

Only show I keep up with (besides Desperate Housewives...)
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
I fell in love again...!
What am I gonna tell my friends?
It just happened
You walked in my door!
Now I don't want to be...
Alone no more!
Oops! I done it!
Told you how I feel!
I just hope this time...
Our love is REAL!
 

Latest posts

Top