It just happened
You walked in my door!
Now I don't want to be...
Alone no more!
Oops! I done it!
Told you how I feel!
I just hope this time...
Our love is REAL!
When you've got Rorschach singing pop tunes like that as he breaks into secret labs, it makes Ice's Justin Timberlake obsession just a little less embarassing, right?

Naaah ;)

compound said:
When you've got Rorschach singing pop tunes like that as he breaks into secret labs, it makes Ice's Justin Timberlake obsession just a little less embarassing, right?
The Question, not Rorschach. Question's much hotter.

Last edited:
ourchair said:
The Question, not Rorschach. Question's much hotter.
Same difference...

washmen.jpg

I seriously have too much dead time at work, this month.

compound said:
Same difference...

washmen.jpg

I seriously have too much dead time at work, this month.
Heresy! Heresy, I say!

JLU's Question puts up a nutty persona as a means to deflect people from detecting his true intentions. Rorscach is quite literally insane. Oh and all urban shamans are cool. Just aks Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis.

ourchair said:
JLU's Question puts up a nutty persona as a means to deflect people from detecting his true intentions.
Until you described it that way, I'd failed to notice how much of JLU Question's personality was 'appropriated' by Bendis, to write Ultimate Moon Knight.

compound said:
Until you described it that way, I'd failed to notice how much of JLU Question's personality was 'appropriated' by Bendis, to write Ultimate Moon Knight.
Elaborate?

ourchair said:
Elaborate?
My theory (tagged because it's off-topic, and for those who aren't familiar with the USM "Warriors" arc):

UMK is not genuinely schizo. His real personality is dedicated, perhaps obsessive info-gathering patriot Marc Spector. The conspiracy-spouting, Travis Bickle-esque cab-driver persona (Steven Grant, or whatever his name is) is just a front to distract people from the crime-busting vigilante work that Spector carries out, as Moon Knight.

Don't know how the 'little Arab girl' delusion fits in, but I'm guessing that it's just a nod to the Egyptian Goddess aspect of the 616 version, and being passed off as mental illness (in the same way that the divinity of Thor, the Phoenix, and Apocalypse, for that ammater, are left ambiguous).

If anybody responds to this, please do so in PM, or post your idea in a more appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Bendis wrote those elements in? Or this is just a theory? Now I'm confused because I actually don't know ANYTHING about what's going on in Warriors, but that shouldn't be a surprise to you.

What I meant about Question is that he throws out so many crazy theories and ideas to make people doubt his sanity, that it becomes easier for him to pursue his motives. They dismiss him as a kook, and it makes it easier for him to operate that way.

jl.toonzone.net said:
...another way that the Question can potentially cover his tracks is by making others doubt his sanity, which plays into the hallmark of the character as being inscrutable; you can't be sure what he's thinking. Again, "they" will eliminate any whom they consider to be a threat, but by making "them" underestimate you by feigning insanity is another way to throw them off your trail; this tactic has been used by people such as mob boss Vincente Gigante who, in an attempt to beat a criminal conviction, wandered the streets of Greenwich Village wearing a bathrobe and muttering to himself in an attempt to pass himself off as being too mentally unstable to be the brains of a criminal syndicate.

This could arguably be the Question's tactic here—does he really believe that aglets have sinister purposes, or is that just misinformation that he flaunts in order to make people dismiss him as a nut so that he can pursue his true agendas unmolested? ... However, just as he is in the comics that spawned him, we don't know for sure whether he's crazy like a fox or just crazy. That is the ongoing question, and it is this uncertainty that generates the character's appeal; as he once said to the Huntress: "You're drawn to my eccentric charm."

ourchair said:
What I meant about Question is that he throws out so many crazy theories and ideas to make people doubt his sanity, that it becomes easier for him to pursue his motives. They dismiss him as a kook, and it makes it easier for him to operate that way.
No, that's *exactly* what I meant about my interpretation of Ultimate Moon Knight -- at least, from his first appearance -- in so many words. He's not a crazy, traumatized war-vet type OR a goddess-empowered hooded vigilante; he just pretends to be one sometimes, to achieve his ends as Marc Spector. "Inscrutable... You can't be sure what he's thinking" indeed.

Last edited:
compound said:
No, that's *exactly* what I meant about my interpretation of Ultimate Moon Knight -- at least, from his first appearance -- in so many words. He's not a crazy, traumatized war-vet type OR a goddess-empowered hooded vigilante; he just pretends to be one sometimes, to achieve his ends as Marc Spector. "Inscrutable... You can't be sure what he's thinking" indeed.
that definitely has me intrigued, then. I never considered that to be an angle to be pursued with Moon Knight, and it almost seems TOO inventive for Bendis. I kind of expected him to have taken little liberties with the character that Chuck Dixon described as someone who needs to "stand on a ladder to kiss Batman's butt" and a character that seems to have been included by popular demand.

Hmm... I just watched this episode called "Dark Heart" that has a cybernetic swarm of insectoids that devours planet after planet and when it lands on Earth it takes the effort of all the superheroes to take it down. Sounds like Ultimate Galactus doesn't it? What's more, the episode's writer is Warren Ellis. Hmmm...

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
Hmm... I just watched this episode called "Dark Heart" that has a cybernetic swarm of insectoids that devours planet after planet and when it lands on Earth it takes the effort of all the superheroes to take it down. Sounds like Ultimate Galactus doesn't it? What's more, the episode's writer is Warren Ellis. Hmmm...
I really liked that episode mostly because it had a lot of Ellis tics in it, such as the smarm Professor Ray Palmer (aka The Atom) gives his assistant and some of the dry deadpan humor from Batman.

Ellis recycling pet ideas like nanotechnology and destructive insectoids is no surprise though, and he does it all the time across all of his work, whether creator-owned or work for hire.

Re: Justice League Unlimited Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm being crazily lazy tonight and didn't bother too look for another thread. I'm sorry.

Just wanted to know when this started up again.

Thanks MWoF, you've helped me complete my first thread merge. :D

In NZ, it's about to show Epilogue tomorrow night. For US, I believe you're four episodes into the new season? All I know is that 9 more episodes have been confirmed to be made, then it may be cancelled. :(

But it's a good show.

The show is decent. It gives me my animated comic fix. I like that there was an ongoing arc as opposed to just a "villain of the week" formula.

I'd get the season on DVD just for 4 episodes:

• Supergilr Vs Her Clone
  • Superman Vs Shazaam
  • The Batman Beyond Tie-In
  • Flash Vs Brainiac/Luthor...............SPEED FORCE!! :rockon:

Victor Von Doom said:
  • The Batman Beyond Tie-In
  • Flash Vs Brainiac/Luthor...............SPEED FORCE!! :rockon:
I agree with those too, I love the tribute to Batman and I think it was the last episode the voice actor of Batman will be in. I heard he died, but I'm not sure, thats too bad. He's been Batman's vioce since the animated series 13 years ago.

And that was the most bad *** Flash moment ever. Now I can't wait to see a movie of him if the do thing like that.

Latest posts

Back