Justice League Unlimited

I love their commentaries. The best was Bruce Timm on the won for "Critters" (that silly TNBA episode that was more or less panned by everyone, which they commentaried for the fun of variety).

"Oh, there goes his Bat-Pterodactal Catcher. Wow, what were we thinking?"

Best moment of the show, was Batman dodging the Omega Beams.

"Impressive. No one has ever avoided my Omega Beam before. I wonder if the other one is as agile."
[Lex Luthor runs away]
"Excellent strategy."

Hands down, one of the best moments ever ever. Also, when Darkseid says "Flee", I always wondered if he actually said, "Flea"... I kinda don't want to know. I like the ambiguity.

I'm on a Timmverse high right now. I was originally watching JLU season 2.....but I've now gone back and am watching Season 1.

After that I'm going old school and watching Batman.

:rockon: The 90s Batman cartoon is the bestest ever. Does anyone else sing the theme tunes for each villain? I do. I love Batman.

Batman was just the highlight of almost every show he was in. It's like they said "Screw that Dark Knight Detective **** we've been pushing for the past decade.....we want the ******* Batman!"

I was just watching the Dark Heart episode and there was the part where the Batwing got destroyed and as Bats was falling to the Earth, he gets on the commlink and says "Batman to all points--I could use some air support. Since I can't fly. At all."

:lol:

:rockon: The 90s Batman cartoon is the bestest ever. Does anyone else sing the theme tunes for each villain? I do. I love Batman.

Depends. You mean like their actual theme from the show or just one you made up? Now I admit to playing a mean air guitar to the JLU theme. But then agaon...I'm just a geek like that.

I'm downloading all 12GB of this show... :)

The opening to TWILIGHT is amazing.

It has Steppenwolf fighting some of the New Gods forces, and then getting beat back. He tries to boom tube out of there, but Darkseid doesn't let him.

Steppenwolf dies, Desaid makes fun of Darkseid, Darkseid kills him. Enter Brainiac.

Darkseid looks up and utters some amazing line about Brainiac being death. He then smiles.

It has Steppenwolf fighting some of the New Gods forces, and then getting beat back. He tries to boom tube out of there, but Darkseid doesn't let him.

Steppenwolf dies, Desaid makes fun of Darkseid, Darkseid kills him. Enter Brainiac.

Darkseid looks up and utters some amazing line about Brainiac being death. He then smiles.

That was pre-JLU wasn't it?

I wanna say that was Season2?

But yeah....it was incredibly awesome. I really love his return.

"Let the universe howl with fear....for Darkseid has return."

How does it open again?

Steppenwolf and his forces are under attack and are losing badly. He contacts Darkseid, who tells him to take as many out as he can. The communication fades out and then reappears again, but this time it's Orion. Orion explains to Darkseid how he's violated the peace treaty and there's a gift from Highfather.

Orion then boomtubes Steppenwolf's ship onto Apokalips and annihilates Darkseid's city.

And then Brainiac arrives. It was awesome.

I watched Starcrossed about an hour ago... I had never seen it before. It was pretty good, but it was average compared to other episodes. It was extremely intense though, with Batman bringing the Watchtower out of orbit to crash it into the Thanagarian generator. That was awesome.

There were lots of great scenes too. Like when Flash is worrying about revealing his secret identity, and Batman then goes: "Wally West. Clark Kent." And then he takes off his cowl and says: "Bruce Wayne." It was great.

Also, when Wally is in the cave, and points at the giant dinosaur. He says: "Look, a giant dinosaur!" and then Alfred replies: "And I thought Batman was the detective." :lol:

Good stuff. Now onto Unlimited.

There were lots of great scenes too. Like when Flash is worrying about revealing his secret identity, and Batman then goes: "Wally West. Clark Kent." And then he takes off his cowl and says: "Bruce Wayne." It was great.
That was a really inspired touch, actually.

I find it funny when armchair superhero scholars talk out of the side of their face about the importance of secret identities to character development and how the superhero relates to the entire world and immediately assume it would be wrong for everyone to reveal their identities to each other.

But among the members of the Justice League, it REALLY doesn't matter. That Superman is Clark Kent is of absolutely no importance to Bruce or Wally, and it doesn't 'change' how they view each other. It's like, "Hey guys! This is who I am!" and everybody's all, "That's nice."

And Timm, Murakami, et al showed ALL this in like five seconds.

Latest posts

Back