Justice League Unlimited

I am still hardpressed to find anything better than the Speed Force or Warren Ellis' Batman.

And I'm not even a huge fan of either.

I am still hardpressed to find anything better than the Speed Force or Warren Ellis' Batman.

And I'm not even a huge fan of either.
I feel exactly the same way.

The people behind JLU took things I didn't care for like attention-starved Booster Gold, old leftie Green Arrow, the showboating Mister Miracle and made me love them like crazy, but I'd be hard pressed to want to read their comics seeing as every instance I've tried has failed to excite me.

And even if Warren Ellis wrote Batman, I very much doubt he'd write the same Batman he does for the cartoons.

I watched Starcrossed about an hour ago... I had never seen it before. It was pretty good, but it was average compared to other episodes. It was extremely intense though, with Batman bringing the Watchtower out of orbit to crash it into the Thanagarian generator. That was awesome.

There were lots of great scenes too. Like when Flash is worrying about revealing his secret identity, and Batman then goes: "Wally West. Clark Kent." And then he takes off his cowl and says: "Bruce Wayne." It was great.

Also, when Wally is in the cave, and points at the giant dinosaur. He says: "Look, a giant dinosaur!" and then Alfred replies: "And I thought Batman was the detective." :lol:

Good stuff. Now onto Unlimited.

That was a really inspired touch, actually.

I find it funny when armchair superhero scholars talk out of the side of their face about the importance of secret identities to character development and how the superhero relates to the entire world and immediately assume it would be wrong for everyone to reveal their identities to each other.

But among the members of the Justice League, it REALLY doesn't matter. That Superman is Clark Kent is of absolutely no importance to Bruce or Wally, and it doesn't 'change' how they view each other. It's like, "Hey guys! This is who I am!" and everybody's all, "That's nice."

And Timm, Murakami, et al showed ALL this in like five seconds.

Good points, all. I agree.

I think the level of trust that's inherent is really nice. Batman just says to Flash, "Look. We trust you because while you fumble around and can be annoying, you're a true hero and we're glad to have you on our side, with us, fighting the good fight." It's just well-handled in the sub-text. Love that stuff.

Good points, all. I agree.

I think the level of trust that's inherent is really nice. Batman just says to Flash, "Look. We trust you because while you fumble around and can be annoying, you're a true hero and we're glad to have you on our side, with us, fighting the good fight." It's just well-handled in the sub-text. Love that stuff.
Actually, I think they expressed Batman's trust of Flash even better in Flash and Substance by barely even using words to express it.

I don't remember exactly how it all went, but Orion says, "Central City builds statues to this fool… who makes bad jokes… who wastes his time with pitiful men like the Trickster… I don't understand."

And Bats replies with "No, you don't." (or something to that effect).

Actually, I think they expressed Batman's trust of Flash even better in Flash and Substance by barely even using words to express it.

I don't remember exactly how it all went, but Orion says, "Central City builds statues to this fool… who makes bad jokes… who wastes his time with pitiful men like the Trickster… I don't understand."

That's it.

Yeah that was a great line, I really liked that episode, shows what a great guy Flash is. The scene with him and the Trickster is brilliant.

The Flash is such a great character. When Shayera resigns, he just goes up and hugs her. Good moment.

I just watched The Once and Future Thing for the first time. Great episode. I think the second half was better than the first half, though it was cool to see all of the Western heroes together.

Plus, three Batmen!

I just watched The Once and Future Thing for the first time. Great episode. I think the second half was better than the first half, though it was cool to see all of the Western heroes together.

Plus, three Batmen!

Great to see Batman meet Jonah Hex, I thought. Especially because he appeared in an episode of BTAS. Hal Jordan's brief appearance was awesome too.

God I can't help but think Secret Society is the best episode pre-JLU.

Wasn't his appearance in BTAS simply a story that someone was telling Bruce?

Yep. Ra's was reciting a past confrontation with Jonah Hex. Good episode, if I remember.

Anyway, my point is that A Once and Future thing is all the more satisfying if you've seen that old episode of BTAS.

Grudge Match might have been the hottest thing I have ever seen.

Grudge Match might have been the hottest thing I have ever seen.
It would have been hotter if Giganta was in it.

However, I do think that Supergirl vs. Galatea in Fearful Symmetry was a little hot. I don't normally buy into the whole Supergirl = HOT fetish, but for some reason the Timmsverse makes me believe.

It would have been hotter if Giganta was in it.

However, I do think that Supergirl vs. Galatea in Fearful Symmetry was a little hot. I don't normally buy into the whole Supergirl = HOT fetish, but for some reason the Timmsverse makes me believe.

Yes. 100%. I want to marry DCUA Supergirl.

I miss this.

I have all Timmverse Collection at home and didn't have the time to transfer this stuff to my external HD before I left. I can't beleive I miss it so much.

So I'm without my Timmverse...and the condolence prize is that they have the 90s X-Men Saga on the server (all the way up to Season 4).

Latest posts

Back