Kingdom Come (no spoilers!)

E

Excelsior Club
I'm seriously considering picking this up.

I read something about how this is based on the end of the world as told in Revelation from the Bible...is that true? And the second coming of Superman is the same as the second coming of the Christ?

Seriously...that is like the coolest thing I've ever heard.

Is it true?

Re: Kingdome Come (no spoilers!)

Yes, it's heavily inspired by Revelation, going as far as directly quoting it.

Also, it's insanely, unbelievably excellent.

Get it. Like, now.

Kingdom Come is the best comic I've ever read.

Ever.

Better than Watchmen. Better than V For Vendetta.

It tells the story of the last remaining superheroes trying to survive in a world that doesn't need them anymore.

This is the book that made me love Superman and DC.

Read it. You won't be disappointed.

First there is no E in Kingdom. Stop adding E's, E.

And it is my top ten favorite comics ever.

Not only is it the best Graphic Novel of All Time....not only is it the best comic-related story of All-Time....but it's without a doubt the best thing I've ever read in my entire life.

And after you've read the Graphic Novel 5 or 6 times...do everything you can to get your hands on the novelization by Elliot S! Maggin. It's even better(!!!) than the GN.

Unfortuneatly, The novelization seems to be very hard to come by. I'm lucky enough to have it in hardcover because my dad(a huge superhero fan) bought it when it came out.

E, just go buy it so we can all talk about it. Hell, you can get the Absolute for a little over $40 from the Ultimate Store.

I even convinced Ultxon to spend $75 on the Absolute edition, and he absolutely (pun not intended) loved it. Buy it and read it.

Now.

I even convinced Ultxon to spend $75 on the Absolute edition, and he absolutely (pun not intended) loved it. Buy it and read it.

Now.

I just listened to Raging Bullets review/overview of it yesterday and I really want to get the Absolute Edition...

OK, you guys convinced me.

I don't even know why we had to convince you. It's just as great (if not greater) than Earth X.

Kingdom Come is the be all end all of graphic novels. It should be required reading for ALL comic readers over the age of 13.

I don't even know why we had to convince you.

Great story though it may be, my near-total ignorance of DC in general worried me that I might be saying "Huh?" too many times to enjoy it.

Great story though it may be, my near-total ignorance of DC in general worried me that I might be saying "Huh?" too many times to enjoy it.
Kingdom Come was the book that got me to start collecting comics regularly again, after a three-year break (between 95-98 ), and prior to reading it the first time, I was a total Marvel zombie, with no knowledge of DC continuity. It just blew my mind.

I re-read it again last year, after I had started reading other people's DC universe titles for some time, and the added knowledge just made me appreciate it further.

But it also reminded me what a fundamentally wonderful story it is.

The quality of the visual story-telling is amazing. It's almost inspiring, how every panel can look like a frame-able art piece, on its own, and yet also contribute so effectively to the larger storyline.

I can't recommend it enough!

Last edited:
I also love the fact that you can continue to reread this over and over again, and still catch new things, just like Watchmen. I have noticed The Question and Rorschach sneaking around, and even "Under the Hood, by Hollis Mason". :)

Latest posts

Back