Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction...

My thoughts exactly. Up, Up, And Away was fantastic. Then Busiek did that really sub-par storyline where aliens were kidnapping heroes, and then this stuff with Arion and that weird looking alien, and it's just been bland as hell. I dropped Superman after that useless issue in the alternate future.

I'm enjoying Action, though. It's not great, but it's a good solid read.

I liked that story with the kidnapped heroes. I'm a sucker for huge team-ups with obscure characters. I just am.

I liked that story with the kidnapped heroes. I'm a sucker for huge team-ups with obscure characters. I just am.

You're wrong. It was lame. :D

Also, Action totally isn't the best Supes book around. All-Star is, hands down. You might want to check out Confidential, as well. It's a pretty fun read.

Also, Action totally isn't the best Supes book around. All-Star is, hands down. You might want to check out Confidential, as well. It's a pretty fun read.

Oh sorry, yes All-Star is better. I meant "our" Earth's Superman.

Who says I made a mistake? I didn't!

Well, yeah. I'm just talking about the In-Continuity Superman books not sucking. All Star is just gravy. Amazing gravy....

Well, yeah. I'm just talking about the In-Continuity Superman books not sucking. All Star is just gravy. Amazing gravy....

mmmmmmmmm.... gravy...

I'd actually venture to say that Confidential may actually be better than Action.... Although, I think Action's easily going to out-pace Confidential starting next month.

mmmmmmmmm.... gravy...

I'd actually venture to say that Confidential may actually be better than Action.... Although, I think Action's easily going to out-pace Confidential starting next month.

I think every comic should be in 3-D. Or, failing that, have a colorform do-it-yourself cover.

But I really just want the Action Comics Annual. Anything that helps bring back the old Legion of Super-Heroes is aces in my book.

Although there have been, like, five Mon-El/Valor/Champions getting stuck in the Phantom Zone now.

I think every comic should be in 3-D. Or, failing that, have a colorform do-it-yourself cover.

But I really just want the Action Comics Annual. Anything that helps bring back the old Legion of Super-Heroes is aces in my book.

Although there have been, like, five Mon-El/Valor/Champions getting stuck in the Phantom Zone now.

Oh, ****!! When does the Annual come out?

Its cool. Skeets ate them all.

Mon-El is probably my second favorite Legionnaire, only to the man that is Wildfre.

Its cool. Skeets ate them all.

Mon-El is probably my second favorite Legionnaire, only to the man that is Wildfre.

My favorite Legionnaire of all time is Gates. But Wildfire is definately top three. With either Blok or Ferro Lad (particularly post-Zero Hour) being in that list too.

I have no use for the original three. They are all my three least favorite Legionnaires. Worse than Tyroc.

Up, Up and Away was an excellent arc. A great Superman story, which is what I wanted. I stopped reading Superman afterwards, but have started reading Donner/John's Action Comics, which is very good. Is the next issue the one with the 3d scenes? When does it come out?

My favorite Legionnaire of all time is Gates. But Wildfire is definately top three. With either Blok or Ferro Lad (particularly post-Zero Hour) being in that list too.

I have no use for the original three. They are all my three least favorite Legionnaires. Worse than Tyroc.

**** Tyroc.

I haven;t gotten to read the Post-Zero Hour "Ultimate" Legion yet. I really want to but runs of it go for a mint on eBay. I'm hoping to find decent singles prices at the Pittsburgh and Philly cons this year.

Up, Up and Away was an excellent arc. A great Superman story, which is what I wanted. I stopped reading Superman afterwards, but have started reading Donner/John's Action Comics, which is very good. Is the next issue the one with the 3d scenes? When does it come out?

It's issue after next, coming out sometime in March, I believe.

**** Tyroc.

I haven;t gotten to read the Post-Zero Hour "Ultimate" Legion yet. I really want to but runs of it go for a mint on eBay. I'm hoping to find decent singles prices at the Pittsburgh and Philly cons this year.

The first five years of post-Zero Hour might just be my favorite Legion run of all time. Only other era in the running is Levitz second run, which covers pretty much the whole 80's.

This new version. . . not good. No, not good at all...

Yes, this is my Legion thread, why would you even ask me that?

Last edited:
The first five years of post-Zero Hour might just be my favorite Legion run of all time. Only other era in the running is Levitz second run, which covers pretty much the whole 80's.

This new version. . . not good. No, not good at all.

I just read the first 3 TPBS. Why exactly did Waid decide to make Brainiac 5 and Cosmic Boy TOTAL ****ING ASSHATS? They just... They don't even come close to working together. I have bosses that act like that and it just makes everything harder. When you add in superpowers its a recipe for disaster.

I do love Micro-Lad/Colossal Boy. Best idea in the series.

EDIT: Holy crap! Asshats beat the filter!

Last edited:
I just read the first 3 TPBS. Why exactly did Waid decide to make Brainiac 5 and Cosmic Boy TOTAL ****ING ASSHATS? They just... They don't even come close to working together. I have bosses that act like that and it just makes everything harder. When you add in superpowers its a recipe for disaster.

I do love Micro-Lad/Colossal Boy. Best idea in the series.

EDIT: Holy crap! Asshats beat the filter!

I don't know, all the characters act like jerks. None of the villains are interesting, the stories ramble and go nowhere, despite all the characters there's nothing relaly resembling a supporting cast, the art is too dark, the costumes suck. . .

The art has brightened up since Supergirl and the stories seem to have more focus now, so we'll see.

I don't know, all the characters act like jerks. None of the villains are interesting, the stories ramble and go nowhere, despite all the characters there's nothing relaly resembling a supporting cast, the art is too dark, the costumes suck. . .

The art has brightened up since Supergirl and the stories seem to have more focus now, so we'll see.

I see the same art problems on Green Lantern and Superman/Batman. I don't know if its over inking or the colorist using a darkened pallet but its all so dark I sometimes have problems knowing whats happeneing. Especaily with Ethan Van Scriver and Phil Jiminez. Both seem to be really dark finished.

Back on topic, I doubt this is World War III. With the characters involved, it has to be a tie-in to the next big event in 2007. It would be cool if that was the legit Batman's new costume and not an Elseworlds version of the character. That costume is the ****.

Back on topic, I doubt this is World War III. With the characters involved, it has to be a tie-in to the next big event in 2007. It would be cool if that was the legit Batman's new costume and not an Elseworlds version of the character. That costume is the ****.

Yeah, I could totally see DC having a medievel knight Batman running around the DCU.

Latest posts

Back