Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction...

Also, that's New York. The last time I've seen a DC book taking place in New York was Seven Soldiers, and I can't remember the last time before that where the city's been used.

Also, that's New York. The last time I've seen a DC book taking place in New York was Seven Soldiers, and I can't remember the last time before that where the city's been used.

Nightwing is set there, Green Lantern and Teen Titans were both set there forever. Its not ucommon.

Nightwing is set there, Green Lantern and Teen Titans were both set there forever. Its not ucommon.

Oh yeah! I forgot Nightwing moved to New York. It just seems a little weird because it's not one of those emblematic DC cities.

I was kind of hoping that they'd make up another city for Nightwing to chill in.

Wasn't that the purpose of Bludhaven? I mean, before it got nuked, it was really a fitting city for the character.

I don't want to see him move back to Gotham. There's already enough Bat-people running around there.

Wasn't that the purpose of Bludhaven? I mean, before it got nuked, it was really a fitting city for the character.

I don't want to see him move back to Gotham. There's already enough Bat-people running around there.

There's already enough Bat-people running around everywhere.

There's already enough Bat-people running around everywhere.

Well, let's look at it. Babs and Huntress are technically Bat-people in Birds of Prey, although they've pretty much removed themselves from that connection. Robin's running around in his own series and leading Teen Titans. Nightwing's running around in his own series and leading the Outsiders. Batman's running around in two series'. Batwoman's running around in 52.

I think each character has enough flavor that they deserve their own places in the universe. They just need to get a writer who doesn't suck on Nightwing and they're good...... I just don't know what they're going to do with Batwoman.

hey, now there's a high res version at newsarama! now you can see what looks like the atom's hand under the rubble by canary's right foot..

Well, let's look at it. Babs and Huntress are technically Bat-people in Birds of Prey, although they've pretty much removed themselves from that connection. Robin's running around in his own series and leading Teen Titans. Nightwing's running around in his own series and leading the Outsiders. Batman's running around in two series'. Batwoman's running around in 52.

I think each character has enough flavor that they deserve their own places in the universe. They just need to get a writer who doesn't suck on Nightwing and they're good...... I just don't know what they're going to do with Batwoman.

I think the suitable solution is to get Rucka or someone to write a new "Gotham Central"-esque book, featuring Batwoman and The Question/Montoya.

I think the suitable solution is to get Rucka or someone to write a new "Gotham Central"-esque book, featuring Batwoman and The Question/Montoya.

I think either Rucka or Morrison could both do damn good (but very different) versions of a new Question book. and I'd really be surprised if that doesn't happen shortly after 52. I'd love to see Renee running a detective agency, maybe with Charlie as her partner (we can hope), along with Batwoman and the Gotham City cops as the supporting cast. Maybe even have guest appearances by her old partner Crispus as the Spectre.

Edit: Another possibility... We've seen Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl as the protectors of Bludhaven. Batwoman could continue the tradition by relocating to the city next door.

Last edited:
So I guess we know how "The Hunt for Ray Palmer" starting in The All New Atom #12 ends...

I don't know. Gail Simone was JUST saying in her All-New Atom interview that there's still plenty of stories to be told about Ray Palmer but it's going to take a while to tell them, and that she hated killing off old characters to replace them with young punks.

So, I wouldn't bet on a dead Ray showing up in the Atom.

I don't know. Gail Simone was JUST saying in her All-New Atom interview that there's still plenty of stories to be told about Ray Palmer but it's going to take a while to tell them, and that she hated killing off old characters to replace them with young punks.

So, I wouldn't bet on a dead Ray showing up in the Atom.

But it might not be in her hands. :cry:

QQQQQQQQQQ. :cry:

Last edited:
On another board someone pointed out the similarity with this image.

Season5poster.jpg

But it might not be in her hands. :cry:

QQQQQQQQQQ. :cry:

Yeah. That would suck, but my guess is, if she already has The Hunt for Ray Palmer planned, she's going to know how it ends. and if she knows Ray's going to die, she wouldn't be talking him up like that in the interview.

At least, I hope so.

Latest posts

Back