• Superman II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shadow

• Mystery Men

• Total voters
E said:
Refused? I don't know how I can make it any simpler for you.

All you've done is repeat the phrase "Movies about superheroes aren't the same as superhero movies" a few times!

And the only examples of this logic you've given have been totally unexplained. Like when you said The Shadow isn't a superhero movie. Why not? It's about a man who gains amazing powers and uses them to fight crime under a secret identity, complete with costume. Which is the same plot as both Spider-Man movies and both Superman movies.

And yet, you don't count it as a superhero movie? Why not? Please, I'm beggin' ya, tell me. What's that secret X-factor that makes Spidey and Supes "Superhero movies" and The Shadow just a "movie about a superhero"?

What's missing? The chest logo?

Everyone else seems to get what I'm saying.

But....I don't. So I'm asking you to explain it to me. I've been pretty polite about it too. Would you please try to explain it to me. And by explain it I mean actually go into the crucial details of what MAKES the difference, not just give examples of which movies you think are "superhero movies" and which ones you think are "movies about superheroes".

I don't know if Moonie misunderstood me or what, but I thought it was pretty clear that there is a huge difference between a comic book movie and a superhero movie. Of course Sin City and V for Vendetta aren't superhero movies. I'm baffled as to how that "logic" can be confused.

Well I myself aren't arguing about the difference between Comic book and Superhero movies, but to support Moony I'll just say this:

You yourself originally said this:
E said:
I would have voted for V for Vendetta or Sin City. So I voted other.

If you're so adamant that V and Sin City aren't superhero movies(like I am), then why would you bring them up here? What do they have to do with anything?

The name of the poll is "BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE"! If you're trying to tell me that I'm in the wrong for assuming that people would read the title of a poll they're voting on, then I declare shenanigans on you.:wink:

Planet-man said:
If you're so adamant that V and Sin City aren't superhero movies(like I am), then why would you bring them up here? What do they have to do with anything?

The name of the poll is "BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE"! If you're trying to tell me that I'm in the wrong for assuming that people would read the title of a poll they're voting on, then I declare shenanigans on you.:wink:

...and I admited after voting (to which you had a smart aleck reply to, so I know you saw it) that I didn't see that it was "BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE". I thought it was just "BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE"

Knowing that, maybe the rest of my posts make more sense.

Planet-man said:
All you've done is repeat the phrase "Movies about superheroes aren't the same as superhero movies" a few times!

And the only examples of this logic you've given have been totally unexplained. Like when you said The Shadow isn't a superhero movie. Why not? It's about a man who gains amazing powers and uses them to fight crime under a secret identity, complete with costume. Which is the same plot as both Spider-Man movies and both Superman movies.

And yet, you don't count it as a superhero movie? Why not? Please, I'm beggin' ya, tell me. What's that secret X-factor that makes Spidey and Supes "Superhero movies" and The Shadow just a "movie about a superhero"?

What's missing? The chest logo?

But....I don't. So I'm asking you to explain it to me. I've been pretty polite about it too. Would you please try to explain it to me. And by explain it I mean actually go into the crucial details of what MAKES the difference, not just give examples of which movies you think are "superhero movies" and which ones you think are "movies about superheroes".

Well I myself aren't arguing about the difference between Comic book and Superhero movies, but to support Moony I'll just say this:

You yourself originally said this:

Got a little pent up aggression there buddy? hmm? Need a little relaxation? Hmm? Want a special brownie? Maybe a little hug? Hmm? Hmm? Awe, forget it, I tried.

Hibiki said:
P.S. How do I make a thread?

When you are in the forum view (looking at the thread listing in any given forum) there is a button at the top left of the center column which says "New thread". Click that.

You can't start new threads in the News forum, but anything else should be open.

Incredibles shouldnt be on the list. This should be for second best superhero movie...

For first best, it's Incredibles, hands down.

Second, Batman Begins.

I'm voting BB.

Hibiki said:
Got a little pent up aggression there buddy? hmm? Need a little relaxation? Hmm? Want a special brownie? Maybe a little hug? Hmm? Hmm? Awe, forget it, I tried.

Yeah, I'm the one with the pent up anger.:roll:

From what I've seen more than half of you're post are just mindless teasing like that one.

The other day in the favourite comic art thread, VVD quipped he like the Turner art thread better, to which you immeadiately told him something like "Then go post there. If you love it so much why don't you marry it." Come on.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Planet-Man, relax. He explained himself and you're either not getting it or just want to pick a fight (with the wrong people).

I almost never try to pick fights for the sake of it. I honestly didn't get what he meant.

He's saying they deal more with what's happening within the superhero (character)'s world and not focusing on the character powers themselves like Spider-Man or Batman. Which wouldn't classify them as a "superhero" movie because the fact that they have powers is minor and doesn't advance the plot much.

Thank you! E, really, that's all I was looking for. I get what you're saying now.

But I still don't see why you think that Spidey and Supes are in one catagory and Shadow and Unbreakable are in the other.

Last edited:
Everyone relax. It was just a misunderstanding.

And let's cut the snide comments.

If they actually had hatchets, then things would resolve themselves eventually.

Perhaps we should explore that option...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Planet-Man, you're one of those guys who aren't gonna post here much longer and we'll find you on another board (that's a lot less cooler) *****ing about us. Please bury the hatchet and move on before it turns to that.

I hope that's not the case. I think this is a valid debate and I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone. I don't think I've broken any member rules either. If E(or any mod) agrees with MWoF on this one, I'd appreciate you telling me.

Planet-man said:
But I still don't see why you think that Spidey and Supes are in one catagory and Shadow and Unbreakable are in the other.

Let's put it this way: Spider-Man and Superman are movies about superheroes being superheroes.

Unbreakable (and Watchmen for comics, but still applicable here especially since it's being made into a movie) is about superheroes dealing with being superheroes.

(and excuse me for bringing up The Shadow...I haven't seen it in YEARS and will admit my memory of it may not be what it should for me to talk about it).

E said:
Let's put it this way: Spider-Man and Superman are movies about superheroes being superheroes.

Unbreakable (and Watchmen for comics, but still applicable here especially since it's being made into a movie) is about superheroes dealing with being superheroes.

Okay, I totally get what you're saying. That's a very valid point. However, the line between the two is very easily blurred. Spidey 2 is, at best, an amalgam.

(and excuse me for bringing up The Shadow...I haven't seen it in YEARS and will admit my memory of it may not be what it should for me to talk about it).

Well The Shadow is definitely a movie about a superhero being a superhero, so...you're excused.:wink:

Latest posts

Back