• Superman II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shadow

• Mystery Men

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
It's not like you have to try hard at all? The argument's boring me and making me slightly annoyed (not at you personally). Let's just drop it.

I will as soon as I find out what E means by "Movies about superheroes aren't the same as superhero movies".

E, I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. Could you explain a bit further?

Planet-man said:
I will as soon as I find out what E means by "Movies about superheroes aren't the same as superhero movies".

E, I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. Could you explain a bit further?

I think superhero movies are with marvel dcu characters and movies about superheroes is something like unbreakable which is a movie that tries to identify real life problems with a superhero. V for vendetta(maybe) and Watchmen(if it ever comes out) would be prime examples of movies about superheroes, not a superhero movie.

Hibiki said:
I think superhero movies are with marvel dcu characters and movies about superheroes is something like unbreakable which is a movie that tries to identify real life problems with a superhero. V for vendetta(maybe) and Watchmen(if it ever comes out) would be prime examples of movies about superheroes, not a superhero movie.
Movies about Marvel/DC characters are comic book movies. Superheroe movies is just a movie about a hero with super human powers. Don't try and put too many qualifiers on what it has to be. It'll just make people upset.

MaxwellSmart said:
Movies about Marvel/DC characters are comic book movies. Superheroe movies is just a movie about a hero with super human powers. Don't try and put too many qualifiers on what it has to be. It'll just make people upset.

Well then that's their problem. This is just my spin; agree or disagree.

E said:
You're so smart, why don't you do it?

Movies (or comics) about superheroes aren't the same thing as superhero movies (or comics). If you can't tell the difference, then you might as well drop it now.
Wow, you nailed that one.

Planet-man said:

I don't really know how else to explain it - just because a movie is about a superhero doesn't make it a "superhero movie."

Same thing goes for comics. Watchmen is the best example of this - it features a bunch of superheroes, but it is in no way a superhero comic.

E said:
I don't really know how else to explain it - just because a movie is about a superhero doesn't make it a "superhero movie."

Same thing goes for comics. Watchmen is the best example of this - it features a bunch of superheroes, but it is in no way a superhero comic.

Exactly.

This is pointless now. I'm outta it. :roll:

E said:

Then, could you please define "superhero movie" so I can see why you think Unbreakable isn't one?

I really want to know and I'm getting a little tired of all these people saying it's pointless. I may even end up agreeing with you that there is a difference, but at the moment I certainly don't see why you think The Shadow is any less of a superhero movie than Spider-Man.

What the hell?

Superhero Movie- A film about a superhero. Someone who has superpowers or a secret identity, the general attributes of a superhero.

Comic Book Movie- A film that is based on a comic book, be it a superhero comic or not.

Examples:

SUPERHERO MOVIE:
Unbreakable.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE:
Sin City.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE:
V For Vendetta.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE AND SUPERHERO MOVIE:
Spider-Man.
Spider-Man 2.
Batman Begins.
Superman Returns.
Daredevil.
Hulk.
Batman.
Superman: The Movie.
And most of the movies on Planet-Man's list.

There aren't many of them, but a movie can be about a superhero and not be based off of a comic, just as a comic book movie doesn't have to be about a superhero.

By E's logic, V for Vendetta and Sin City are Superhero Movies because they're based on comics. So would American Splendor, Ghost World, A History of Violence and Road to Perdition, even though they feature no superheroes of any kind.

What the **** happened to E and the rest of you who agree with him? You're not making any sense. Did you all happen to get in the head with a shovel this morning?

moonmaster said:
By E's logic, V for Vendetta and Sin City are Superhero Movies because they're based on comics.

HUH???!!!

You got it backward.

moonmaster said:
What the hell?

Superhero Movie- A film about a superhero. Someone who has superpowers or a secret identity, the general attributes of a superhero.

Comic Book Movie- A film that is based on a comic book, be it a superhero comic or not.

Examples:

SUPERHERO MOVIE:
Unbreakable.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE:
Sin City.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE:
V For Vendetta.

COMIC BOOK MOVIE AND SUPERHERO MOVIE:
Spider-Man.
Spider-Man 2.
Batman Begins.
Superman Returns.
Daredevil.
Hulk.
Batman.
Superman: The Movie.
And most of the movies on Planet-Man's list.

There aren't many of them, but a movie can be about a superhero and not be based off of a comic, just as a comic book movie doesn't have to be about a superhero.

By E's logic, V for Vendetta and Sin City are Superhero Movies because they're based on comics. So would American Splendor, Ghost World, A History of Violence and Road to Perdition, even though they feature no superheroes of any kind.

What the **** happened to E and the rest of you who agree with him? You're not making any sense. Did you all happen to get in the head with a shovel this morning?

*applauds*

Planet-man said:
I love you Moony.

And E, I don't think you can accuse anyone of getting it "backwards" when you refuse to explain your reasoning at all.

Refused? I don't know how I can make it any simpler for you. Everyone else seems to get what I'm saying.

I don't know if Moonie misunderstood me or what, but I thought it was pretty clear that there is a huge difference between a comic book movie and a superhero movie. Of course Sin City and V for Vendetta aren't superhero movies. I'm baffled as to how that "logic" can be confused.

E said:
Refused? I don't know how I can make it any simpler for you. Everyone else seems to get what I'm saying.

I don't know if Moonie misunderstood me or what, but I thought it was pretty clear that there is a huge difference between a comic book movie and a superhero movie. Of course Sin City and V for Vendetta aren't superhero movies. I'm baffled as to how that "logic" can be confused.

How are any of those people really even superheroes. Sin City is about super realistic people in a colorfully violent world. V for Vendetta is about personal and global revolution. Maybe not global but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Well maybe E might.

Ooooh I get what you're saying now E.

I think you're looking to hard at it though. It doesn't have to be that complicated. Not that it's complicated but...

1. You know what he meant when he made the poll so cut him a break.

2. Everyone whose just "agreeing with the administrator", stop. You're also not stupid and understand the thought processes going on here and are just egging on another member.

Planet-Man, relax. He explained himself and you're either not getting it or just want to pick a fight (with the wrong people).

Moonie, you're way off. E's not saying Sin City or V are superhero movies. He's saying they deal more with what's happening within the superhero (character)'s world and not focusing on the character powers themselves like Spider-Man or Batman. Which wouldn't classify them as a "superhero" movie because the fact that they have powers is minor and doesn't advance the plot much.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ooooh I get what you're saying now E.

I think you're looking to hard at it though. It doesn't have to be that complicated. Not that it's complicated but...

2. Everyone whose just "agreeing with the administrator", stop. You're also not stupid and understand the thought processes going on here and are just egging on another member.

Planet-Man, relax. He explained himself and you're either not getting it or just want to pick a fight (with the wrong people).

Moonie, you're way off. E's not saying Sin City or V are superhero movies. He's saying they deal more with what's happening within the superhero (character)'s world and not focusing on the character powers themselves like Spider-Man or Batman. Which wouldn't classify them as a "superhero" movie because the fact that they have powers is minor and doesn't advance the plot much.

Am I "just" agreeing?

TheManWithoutFear said:

Well, I thought I did. Not that it's a big deal anyway.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Based on the tone of your posts, I really feel like it is the latter.

TheManWithoutFear said:

THANK you. That's EXACTLY right.

And that's what I meant when I said he had it backward - what he had backward was his understanding of what I was saying, because his explanation on how I was wrong was basically saying the same thing I was in the first place.

E said:
Well, I thought I did. Not that it's a big deal anyway.
Be the bigger man.

Based on the tone of your posts, I really feel like it is the latter.
Tone of my posts?! I'm being civil for once!!

THANK you. That's EXACTLY right.

And that's what I meant when I said he had it backward - what he had backward was his understanding of what I was saying, because his explanation on how I was wrong was basically saying the same thing I was in the first place.
*Hugs*

TheManWithoutFear said:

I think you're just out to get me.

Well, I kinda thought I was the only one agreeing but also giving my opinion (which no one seems to care for). I just didn't want you to falsely accuse me.

Latest posts

Back