• Superman II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shadow

• Mystery Men

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
But one, it doesn't have to do with "thinking like anyone." You can't just start talking about politics when the subject is sports. It is called READING COMPREHENSION. It's ok to admit that people aren't paying attention, Ice.
But it's not about paying attention, at least, that's the main thing. It's how people think. Like I said, most people will think about a comic book character or movie when it comes to the word "Superhero". Case in point being that since Marvel and DC have that word TM and when people see that word, what are they going to see? Comic book characters/movies!

TheManWithoutFear said:
And two, if you did start wording things like that, you'd be my favorite moderator. It'd be like a lethal combination of Ultimate Moderator and The Site's #1 Anti-Mod. Oh man, that's trouble. Me and you together *Shudders* forget about it. It'd be armeggedon.
Where's that explosiong image when you need it? :lol:

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you mean to say

Ice said:
They won't realize it because they have piss poor reading comprehension skills and are idiots.

Hawkeye.jpg

Last edited:
Baxter said:
...how am I the only person to vote Mask of the Phantasm.

Youngsters...
All right, I'll be the one to say it. What the hell of was Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? I've never even heard of it.

None of you jerks voted for Blade!?! It's the greatest film yet created. Well aside from Sin City.

So since Sin City is not available, I'll vote for Blade.

I voted for Spider-Man. The original was put more of an emphasis on sacrifice and heroism, something that defines a hero. I think this is definitely the best hero movie out there.

If not Spider-Man, Batman Begins.

This poll is screwed up. When I voted I didn't see that it was for best superhero movie...some of these options aren't superhero movies.

E said:
This poll is screwed up. When I voted I didn't see that it was for best superhero movie...some of these options aren't superhero movies.
Exactly, this poll is wack.

E said:
This poll is screwed up. When I voted I didn't see that it was for best superhero movie

So...the poll is screwed up because YOU didn't read the title of it?

...some of these options aren't superhero movies.

Well that's just not true.:?

Exactly which options are you talking about?

MaxwellSmart said:
All right, I'll be the one to say it. What the hell of was Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? I've never even heard of it.

I pity you.

Anyway, you must know of Batman: The Animated Series, right? The really good one from the early '90s that Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and Justice League/JLU are all spin-offs of? Designed by artist Bruce Timm? With Mark Hamill as the voice of the Joker?

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was the animated movie based on and in direct continuity with the series. It came out in 1995 and actually had a theatrical run and everything.

Many Batman fans actually consider it to be the best Batman movie ever made, and like I said earlier, I certainly think it's the truest to the character.

Planet-man said:
So...the poll is screwed up because YOU didn't read the title of it?

Whether I read it or not, The Shadow isn't a superhero movie, and I'd argue that Unbreakable isn't one either. Unbreakable is as much of a superhero movie as Watchmen is a superhero comic book.

E said:
Whether I read it or not, The Shadow isn't a superhero movie

A masked vigilante with powers and a secret identity who fights crime and attempts to stop a supervillain(who also has powers) from destroying the city?

Yep, you're right. No superheroes there.:roll:

, and I'd argue that Unbreakable isn't one either. Unbreakable is as much of a superhero movie as Watchmen is a superhero comic book.

I'm just speechless at this. Moony, MWoF, anybody, set him straight.

Planet-man said:
A masked vigilante with powers and a secret identity who fights crime and attempts to stop a supervillain(who also has powers) from destroying the city?

Yep, you're right. No superheroes there.:roll:

Sounds like somebody isn't up for the job. I like mask of the phantasm. It was a cool movie even though I saw it like 6 years ago.

Planet-man said:

You're so smart, why don't you do it?

Movies (or comics) about superheroes aren't the same thing as superhero movies (or comics). If you can't tell the difference, then you might as well drop it now.

E said:
You're so smart, why don't you do it?

Movies (or comics) about superheroes aren't the same thing as superhero movies (or comics). If you can't tell the difference, then you might as well drop it now.
THANK YOU!!

I can't tell the difference E... I think Planet-Man's in the right here.

Planet-Man, you have enough people backing you that you don't need to carry this out any longer. People understand what you're saying.

I change my vote to Catwoman.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I can't tell the difference E... I think Planet-Man's in the right here.

Planet-Man, you have enough people backing you that you don't need to carry this out any longer. People understand what you're saying.

I change my vote to Catwoman.

You probably didn't try hard enough to tell the difference. I don't think Unbreakable should even be there, good concept but horrible movie.

MaxwellSmart said:

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

banhim.gif

Hibiki said:
You probably didn't try hard enough to tell the difference. I don't think Unbreakable should even be there, good concept but horrible movie.
I would say Unbreakable counts as a "super hero" movie. It's a very skewed look at super heroes, but it meets the minimum requirements. A guy decides to become a force for good using his super human abilities. That's my very broad way of looking at it.
Baxter said:

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

banhim.gif
I actually looked it up after posting that and while I don't remember seeing it or anything about the plot it seemed vaguely familiar, so I might have seen it. I was a big fan of the animated series, so it's very possible I saw it at sometime.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back