Loeb/McGuinness' The Hulk (Discussion/Spoilers).

So, just out of the most morbid of curiosities - what ended up being the story behind red Hulk? I actually would hope for humanity's sake that no one knows because they hadn't read it.

I believe his origin, or at least identity, will be revealed by August, if I'm not mistaken.

Not that it matters.

So, just out of the most morbid of curiosities - what ended up being the story behind red Hulk? I actually would hope for humanity's sake that no one knows because they hadn't read it.

No one knows anything about him beyond that he has some connection to General Ross.

I confess, I read the first arc out of my own free will. I had faith in Loeb back then.

No one knows anything about him beyond that he has some connection to General Ross.

I confess, I read the first arc out of my own free will. I had faith in Loeb back then.

Some think it might be Talbot.

Out of morbid curiosity, I read the most recent issue off the stand.

So Red Hulk not only managed to kill the Hulk in the previous issue, but he effortlessly kills Psycho-Man, Terrax, Silver Surfer, Namor, Tiger Shark, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and the Grandmaster. Most of them in less then a page. Still, they are all resurrected at the end except for Grandmaster.

Red Hulk also tells Terrax (the guy who cracks planets in half) that he is not impressed with his work. He also randomly reveals he can absorb cosmic energy, which is how he kills the Silver Surfer. And then there's this splash page of him flying through space on the Surfer's surfboard, saying "This is the most fun I've had with clothes on!"

...I've got nothing.

Energy absorbing is also how he got his gamma powers.

But yes that was just silly. He even tried to fight Galactus.

Terrax cutting that planet in half in that Annihilation epilogue was so bad-***

Red-Hulk doesn't even deserve to be on the same page as any of the characters involved in this book

So Red Hulk not only managed to kill the Hulk in the previous issue, but he effortlessly kills Psycho-Man, Terrax, Silver Surfer, Namor, Tiger Shark, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and the Grandmaster. Most of them in less then a page. Still, they are all resurrected at the end except for Grandmaster.

Red Hulk also tells Terrax (the guy who cracks planets in half) that he is not impressed with his work. He also randomly reveals he can absorb cosmic energy, which is how he kills the Silver Surfer. And then there's this splash page of him flying through space on the Surfer's surfboard, saying "This is the most fun I've had with clothes on!"

...I've got nothing.

I can't even comprehend that.

It's funny when we used to discuss how terrible Ultimate Iron Man was, at least we were able to do so in relation to the parameters of the UU and how it didn't fit (mostly anyway). The concepts were bad - really bad - but at least it seemed like there was an attempt - however misguided - to tell a story that made sense within the confines of the Ultimate Iron Man/Tony Stark character.

No such luck here.

Red Hulk is Loeb in comic form!!

Honestly though, the series is a joke. It makes all these well known, established characters that have accomplished great feats only to be undermined by a red hulk who can do next to everything. Complete garbage.

The whole series is a joke like Batman and Robin is to comicbook movies.

...I've got nothing.

:shock:

Code Red.

HULKTHE014_RegularCover.jpg

I just read issue 600.

In regards to Bruce Banner getting locked away: "It was Guantanamo all over again."

Oh Ben Urich. So topical!

...I've got nothing.
Hahaha, what???
Code Red.

HULKTHE014_RegularCover.jpg
Hahaha, WHAT????

Are they trying to do like, Blackest Night, but with kewwller colors?

Latest posts

Back