Luke Cage Movie News and Rumors

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's because he has money now and he's famous and no one looks at him as a scumbag but as a celebrity.
And he lives like, 3-4 towns upstate from where I live!

But I'm afraid to pay a visit...:scared:

Let's set the record straight:

Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage-needs to bulk up quickly. I suggest asking Barry Bonds for his remedy clear cream. Just don't ask what it is.

50 Cent as Luke Cage-fiddy's got the body. That's it. He's probably as good an actor as Shaquille O'Neal. It'll be Steel all over again.

No name as Luke Cage-would anyone (besides us "fanatics or whatever you want to call us") watch this movie starring some guy no one knows. There has to be some star movies for these movies to go anywhere, especially the ones with less recognizable heroes. You need a star.

Dave Chappelle as Luke Cage-"I'm Luke Cage, *****!" :D Sorry, that was unneccessary.

IcyFlames said:
Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage-needs to bulk up quickly. I suggest asking Barry Bonds for his remedy clear cream. Just don't ask what it is.

The only down side: painful *** injections.

50 Cent as Luke Cage-fiddy's got the body. That's it. He's probably as good an actor as Shaquille O'Neal. It'll be Steel all over again.

Steel was almost as good as "Kazam!" Which I saw. It's frickin' awesome. It was like "Citizen Kane"....With a genie.

No name as Luke Cage-would anyone (besides us "fanatics or whatever you want to call us") watch this movie starring some guy no one knows. There has to be some star movies for these movies to go anywhere, especially the ones with less recognizable heroes. You need a star.

Damn straight.

Dave Chappelle as Luke Cage-"I'm Luke Cage, *****!" :D Sorry, that was unneccessary.

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

VILLAIN: "HaHa! You'll never defeat me Luke Cage!"

CHAPPELLE AS CAGE: "WHAT!........YEAH!!!!"

IcyFlames said:
Or Space Jam. You can see it, can't you. It's going to haunt you.

An update?! Nooo way!

From VH1's website (Got it through MW, people).

Jamie Foxx, Ving Rhames and Michael Clarke Duncan have all been tipped for the part, but if director John Singleton has his way, it will be Tyrese Gibson who lands the role of Luke Cage in the upcoming film adaptation of the Marvel comic.

Tyrese and Singleton have previously worked together on "2 Fast 2 Furious," "Baby Boy" and, most recently, "Four Brothers" (due out August 12). Since the director tends to work with the same crew of actors, it wouldn't be much of a surprise for Singleton to go with the man who's starred in his last three films when casting his next project. Still, the director wants Tyrese to flex his muscles to get the part.

"He's got to work out and keep in shape for that," Singleton laughed. "We got to get him in the gym."

That's because Cage, Marvel's first black character to headline his own title back in 1972, relies on brute strength and bulletproof skin to get the job done. A gang member, Cage is framed and sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit, but breaks out with his bare hands after he gains his super abilities — thanks to a medical experiment gone awry. Once out, he becomes a "hero for hire." Cage also has to contend with the villain Diamondback, the man who framed him in the first place. For that role, Singleton would like to work again with Terrence Howard ("Hustle & Flow," "Four Brothers"). None of the casting has been formalized just yet, the director stressed.

"I still have to talk to the studio," Singleton said. "It's not definite yet, but maybe soon."

This report is from MTV News.

Caduceus said:
Or Space Jam. You can see it, can't you. It's going to haunt you.

i loved that movie as a child and i still love it...if the luke cage movie is half the film that space jam is...i'd be one happy movie goer

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly not to mention Foxx is a more respectable member of society as is Black Panther. 50' Cent is Luke Cage because he's street.
Yeah, but Luke Cage doesn't sound like a complete C•nt when he speaks.

I do see Jamie Foxx in the role at lot more. Yeah he needs to work on his physique, but that's not a problem, look what Bale did for Batman after the machinist.

Cage may be "street", but he's not grunt that thinks getting shot is cool.

Superherohype said:
Tyrese Gibson on Luke Cage
Source: IESB.net January 8, 2006

IESB.net caught up with "Annapolis" star Tyrese Gibson who gave an update on the big screen Luke Cage adaptation. The site says:

Tyrese Gibson has already met with Marvel head Avi Arad and is very excited and committed to this project.

They are currently waiting for a second draft of the Luke Cage script and things will move from there.

Stay tuned for more on the movie as it comes in.

Tyrese? I'm all for it.

50 would be horrible, period. This movie is going to be a travesty. John Singleton hasn't made a good movie since the early 90's. Baby Boy was a piece of trash. Tyrese might be able to do it, but Duncan or Rhames or any other person could handle that. I think they are trying to go with a big name for no reason. But then again without one it might be hard to keep the movie on the ticket. They could use Michael Jai White the guy who did Spawn, and the Tyson movie. There has got to be a ton of huge black actors with talent out there. To just narrow it down to the handful that have already made it is disconcerting. They should broaden the search and fire the director.

I liked Four Brothers.

As for Michael Clarke Duncan, Ving Rhames, and Michael Jai White, the reason they're not considered is because of their age. Duncan and Rhames are pushing 50 and Michael Jai White is a year shy of 40. They're probably looking for a younger lead, as Cage has typically been in his late 20s/early 30s.

Latest posts

Back