Luke Cage Movie News and Rumors

I'm gonna say no to pretty much any rapper on the Luke Cage deal. 50 Cent can hardly form a coherent sentence, let alone act. I don't keep up with him or his career, but what I've heard of his music, it sounds like a lot of mumbling. Sticky Fingaz, while I was a big Onyx fan when they were relevant somewhere between 1993 and 1994, just doesn't do it for me. Not enough meat on the man's bones. Luke Cage isn't the Hulk, but I'd expect him to be a little bulkier than Mr. Fingaz.

I've always thought Ving Rhames would make an excellent Cage. Too old? Maybe, but why should that matter? We're talking about a character that's been around since the 1970's. Set the film in present day and he could have a history. Show some flashbacks if you want a young Luke. Usually it's Ving's voice I hear when I read any story featuring Luke Cage... his delivery is perfect. Plus, he's got the physique for the role, no question.

Doubtful that he would be cast as Luke Cage, but in a perfect world...

If I wasn't skeptical about acting skills, I'd suggest current WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley on physical appearance alone. I haven't watched wrestling since around 2002, so I have no clue if he'd have the acting skill required, but like I said. He's got the look.

Seing as he has terrible talker i say no the only wrestler that make good acters are the one that make good promo's.

Luke Cage is already thematically about a former criminal who turns his life around

He never comited any crime he was falsely arrested then expirimented on in prison

Last edited:
I've always thought Ving Rhames would make an excellent Cage. Too old? Maybe, but why should that matter? We're talking about a character that's been around since the 1970's. Set the film in present day and he could have a history. Show some flashbacks if you want a young Luke. Usually it's Ving's voice I hear when I read any story featuring Luke Cage... his delivery is perfect. Plus, he's got the physique for the role, no question.

Doubtful that he would be cast as Luke Cage, but in a perfect world...

Then you still have to find someone to play young Luke

Latest posts

Back